Hawaii has lowest gun death rates (Read 18737 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: Hawaii has lowest gun death rates
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 08:53:38 PM »
So in 1 breath you say I'm wrong.

In your next breath you admit to my statement being right.

Sometimes arguing just to argue is counterproductive.

:closed:

There is a difference between a statement that can be given with absolute certainty vs a more general statement that says the technology to save someone with a certain type of wound did not exist 5 years ago. I don't think anyone was suggesting that medical advancements are guaranteed to save someone or that without the medical advancements a person is guaranteed to die. However it can generally be said that medical advancements now save people from wounds that would have caused death prior to said medical advancements. Anecdotal cases do not really serve to disprove a broad statement about medical advancements.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »
There is a difference between a statement that can be given with absolute certainty vs a more general statement that says the technology to save someone with a certain type of wound did not exist 5 years ago. I don't think anyone was suggesting that medical advancements are guaranteed to save someone or that without the medical advancements a person is guaranteed to die. However it can generally be said that medical advancements now save people from wounds that would have caused death prior to said medical advancements. Anecdotal cases do not really serve to disprove a broad statement about medical advancements.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Funtimes

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »

Clearly you are wrong about arguing to argue for the sake of arguing.   ::)
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 07:21:15 PM »

So are you conceding? You obviously weren't able to come up with a counter argument and instead decided to promote a movie.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 08:57:49 PM »
So are you conceding? You obviously weren't able to come up with a counter argument and instead decided to promote a movie.

Yes, I concede that you are an idiot.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »
Clearly you are wrong about arguing to argue for the sake of arguing.   ::)

HiCarry

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 10:23:02 AM »
So in 1 breath you say I'm wrong.

In your next breath you admit to my statement being right.

Once again you show your ignorance and your willingness to flap your gums about something you obviously know little about.

I made a general statement that no one can be absolutely certain about anything in medicine. The recent story of the guy who was in a coma for years only to regain his mental faculties is a case in point. But that case is the exception not the rule.

Then I said it was common in medicine to make such statements as to survivability based on the techniques or treatment modality used. Those educated estimates are based on facts garnered from previous cases and are frequently used to determine course of actions with regard to treatment. But, to get back to your juvenile and ill-informed name calling about the practice, let me give you an example that should be clearly evident, even to you.

The first successful heart transplant occurred 12/3/1967.  So, a patient with restrictive cardiomyopathy has a successful heart transplant performed in 1970. Therefore, a statement that "five years ago that patient would not have survived" would have been accurate. I know that example is a little simplistic, but considering your level of reasoning and background in medicine, I thought it would illustrate how wrong you are in a manner you would be most capable of understanding.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 05:41:42 PM »
Once again you show your ignorance and your willingness to flap your gums about something you obviously know little about.

I made a general statement that no one can be absolutely certain about anything in medicine. The recent story of the guy who was in a coma for years only to regain his mental faculties is a case in point. But that case is the exception not the rule.

Then I said it was common in medicine to make such statements as to survivability based on the techniques or treatment modality used. Those educated estimates are based on facts garnered from previous cases and are frequently used to determine course of actions with regard to treatment. But, to get back to your juvenile and ill-informed name calling about the practice, let me give you an example that should be clearly evident, even to you.

The first successful heart transplant occurred 12/3/1967.  So, a patient with restrictive cardiomyopathy has a successful heart transplant performed in 1970. Therefore, a statement that "five years ago that patient would not have survived" would have been accurate. I know that example is a little simplistic, but considering your level of reasoning and background in medicine, I thought it would illustrate how wrong you are in a manner you would be most capable of understanding.

Your ignorance to my background is comedic.

I know that you want to get the last word in every disagreement that you're involved in so you can go ahead.

The bottom line is that no one can make any "certain" statements as far as medicine goes.

How did the medical world discover that electrical impulses moved muscles?

How was the pacemaker invented?

How was nitrous oxide introduced as a key to painless surgery?

How did doctors discover to inject dye into the right coronary artery when they needed to take a contrasted image?

How was insulin discovered?

Do some research before you flap your jaws.

Ok, because I know you're too prideful to research these questions, I'll give you the answer.

All of these medical breakthroughs were discovered by accident.

That's right, medicine is not an exact science.

Go ahead and rebut anything you want, I'm done educating you.

HiCarry

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 11:43:15 PM »
Your ignorance to my background is comedic.

I know that you want to get the last word in every disagreement that you're involved in so you can go ahead.

The bottom line is that no one can make any "certain" statements as far as medicine goes.

How did the medical world discover that electrical impulses moved muscles?

How was the pacemaker invented?

How was nitrous oxide introduced as a key to painless surgery?

How did doctors discover to inject dye into the right coronary artery when they needed to take a contrasted image?

How was insulin discovered?

Do some research before you flap your jaws.

Ok, because I know you're too prideful to research these questions, I'll give you the answer.

All of these medical breakthroughs were discovered by accident.

That's right, medicine is not an exact science.

Go ahead and rebut anything you want, I'm done educating you.

Dude, how did we go from discussing why someone in medicine is an "idiot" for making a comment about relative survival rates for a specific injury based on new techniques/technology etc. to discussing how many accidental discoveries led to useful medical info?

If that was your attempt to "educate" me you certainly failed...do yourself a favor and don't quit your day job. If anyone is an idiot......

mauidog

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 12:14:04 AM »
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Jared

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 10:20:53 PM »
Quite expected, but the VPC doesn't list what or where they got this information.  They say "new information" and all the VPC does is link to the CDC.  No reports.  No data. No information.

I mean let's be honest, Vermont is #34, and probably has some of the most lax gun laws... constitutional carry for a long ass time as well.

Just in Vermont last week visiting family. It's nice to sterile conceal carry (no ID no permission slip). Vermont doesn't even have a violent felon in posession ban. Only the Feds can prosecute under federal law.

Heavies

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »
Just in Vermont last week visiting family. It's nice to sterile conceal carry (no ID no permission slip). Vermont doesn't even have a violent felon in posession ban. Only the Feds can prosecute under federal law.

You mean blood doesn't run in the streets? I mean, with those lax laws, there must be wildwest gunfights constantly! !!!

808lupine

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2015, 09:40:52 AM »
the gun deaths are so low because most criminals stab people or in hilos case use a machete haha