New Member? Introduce yourself here! (Read 634228 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
New Member? Introduce yourself here!
« on: August 01, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »
If your new and want to share a little more about yourself, please do it here.

Tell us a little about your experience, and photos are always appreciated :)
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Alohachris

Re: New Member? Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
Eh, Howzit 2AHI members. I'm Chris from Honolulu. I'd like to see concealed carry become legal in Hawaii for everybody, not just Chief Correa, his sister, his dry cleaner, ect.

Aloha!

glock36

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
I just want to say hi from Missouri.
If there is anything I can do to help in your 2a fight I would do what I can
State and local politicians should be on notice: the Second Amendment is a normal part of the Bill of Rights, and it is coming to your town.
Attorney Alan Gura

84B20

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:54:40 PM »
Hello from New Mexico.  Thank you for continuing the fight to support the 2nd Amendment and right to carry.
NRA Life Member, JPFO member, NAGR member, 2nd Amendment Foundation member and Life Member of Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 996

Big D

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
Name is Darren - new to Hawaii (about 3 months). Live in Nuuanu

Would like to see CCW as well. I moved here from IL where it's not even allowed. I moved here as a civilian to be with the wife's family so our stuff is in storage until we find jobs & house.

I was pretty involved with the IL shooting community and hope to do the same here...

Aloha!

Erik M

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
Hello, Erik M here from the bluegrass state of Kentucky. I hope that your site prospers and helps spread the cause of the RKBA and educate individuals about CCW.

mf_tom

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »
Hello,
 Names Tom came to check out the site... Firmly believe in 2nd amendment rights... Also HPD so if you get any questions regarding Law Enforcement lemme know

nf9648

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:04:45 AM »
Hi, Im Nick from Ewa Beach.  Im a corrections officer with the BOP and Natl Guardsman on the side.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
Hey guys, nice to have you here.  Please tell your friends, family and coworkers about the site.  I am aiming for all the discussion to be positive so hopefully it will be more inviting to everyone young and old.  And it's always nice to have HPD and servicemen here.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Hud

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »
Joined as a token of support from the oppressed state of California.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Touch Not A Catt Bot A Targe"
       Clann MacBheathain

jim in anchorage

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »
Jim in Anchorage here. Joined to show support. Also will swap summer Alaska vacations for Hawaii winter vacations ;D

hachigo

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 01:05:30 PM »
I'm from Honolulu.  Just wanted to show my support for your cause.

Tom_G

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 09:36:02 AM »
Aloha!  I'm Tom G.  I'm an NRA Instructor, president of Lessons In Firearms Education, and a board member of the Hawaii Rifle Association.  Always interested in ways to consolidate the shooting community in Hawaii.

Also, if any of you are NRA instructors looking for a place to practice, LIFE could sure use you!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

HiCarry

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
Aloha,

I am an NRA and HRA member, as well as an NRA instructor. I also serve on the HRA board and help teach LIFE classes.

Johnny Dollar

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
Hello all.I'm Johnny from Miami Florida.

I joined to show my support.I'm a retired 25 year Civil Service worker(also known as a low down bureaucrat !) with 8 years in the U.S. Army as a tanker.
A member of the NRA,GOA and SAF.
Hope to visit the islands soon,the last of the 50 states I've not visited.
Any help that can be given in your uphill fight,let me know.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:11:04 PM by Johnny Dollar »

230RN

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »
Aloha oe!

Johnny Dollar and I both came here from

http://thehighroad.us/

where 2aHawaii mentioned this site.

Joined to show support and find out what's going on out there.  Visited Hawaii in '79-'81 or so, if I recall correctly. What a beautiful State!

I'm 70 years old, fired my first shot out of a .22 rifle in about 1946 or so on a farm in upstate New York.  The smell of .22 rimfire exhaust still brings me back to that first shot I ever took.  Yes, I hit the empty .22 box from about thirty yards or so with that first shot.  The farmer who let me shoot his rifle was a pretty good instructor.

But back where I lived in New York City, with its infamous and blatantly unConstitutional Sullivan Law, shooting opportunities were thin, to say the least, from then on.

I finally moved out to Colorado "temporarily" to go to school in around 1963 and realized I had been breathing "slave air" with respect to firearms in New York City for all those years, and I delighted in the "free air" of Colorado, where just about every hardware store sold guns --even handguns --with no permit or "registration" or anything else except proof of residency.   So I stayed.

Of course, GCA68 (the Gun Control Act of 1968) changed that somewhat.

I got involved in all aspects of shooting, and a couple of years ago, when Colorado went to "shall issue" laws, I got my Concealed Carry License right away. 

With rare exceptions, if you see me on the street, I'm carrying a full-sized 1911 in .45 ACP "Mexican Style" (no holster) IWB (In the Waist Band), crossdraw, under my shirt or jacket.  (Hawaiian shirts are great for that.)

I get a lot of grief from all the "pros" and firearms instructors for carrying Mexican Style, as if it were a mortal sin, so any time I want to liven up a thread, I'll mention that I carry Mexican Style crossdraw.   It's just like lighting a fuse!

After a while, if the fury dies down and I want to perk things up some more I'll mention that I never carry a 1911 with a round in the chamber except when I'm out in the boonies.

That gets them all excited again, and we have some more fun with that bone of contention!  Tee-hee!

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here!

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 08:59:30 AM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

tuor

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »
Hello I found out about this site from 2aHawaii's post at Oleg's THR.  I'm also from Honolulu, and am a Life NRA member as well as an HRA member.  I've found only a couple of other firearms forums specifically for Hawaii, and one of them is a combined Alaska/Hawaii forum at ar15.  I hope this one does well. 
Life NRA Member
Life SAF Member

Anubis

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 06:58:08 AM »
Hello I found out about this site from 2aHawaii's post at Oleg's THR.

Me too!  It's good to see such a site for Hawaii.  I have a son who lives on the island of Hawaii, and I occasionally visit him, so I would like to keep up with any 2A-related progress here.

2A-relevant facts about me:  I've had a Colorado CC permit for 5 years and a FL permit for 2 years, carry either a Glock 21 or 27, am also a member of NRA, IDPA, SAF, Colorado State Shooting Association(affiliate of NRA), and Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (affiliate of GOA).
located in Arapahoe County, CO

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »
Welcome to all the new people.

Even though I didn't expect to get many people from the mainland, we did, and it is nice to hear their perspective on things as well. For some background on me, I grew up in a restrictive state/home thinking that only criminals had guns and have only recently been introduced to the culture. In a PM from 230RN, it appears I'm not alone.

Not at all.. I was the same way, coming from New York City. I remember our Scoutmaster showing us trusted Scouts* a Polish Radom he had obtained in the Battle of the Bulge. All secretive and furtive and "don't tell anyone." If he had been discovered by the New York City Police he would most definitely have gone to jail. We all handled it (similar to a .45 automatic) and felt like gangsters. I too, grew up with the stilted notion that only cops and crooks were supposed to have guns.

Unfortunately, we all have the same idea that the way things are where we live is the same everywhere, and if you look at my introduction in your "general" forum, I was floored when I came out to Colorado and found guns, even handguns, for sale in hardware stores, Sear and Roebuck, and even drug stores, out here.

I distinctly remember feeling guilty and "shady" when I asked a sales clerk if the guns in the glass counters were just for the Police, and he told me no, anyone can buy one with proof of residency. A month later, when I obtained a Colorado Driver's license, just about the first thing I did was go buy one of these --admittedly an "El Cheapo," but it was a "guhhhhn":

Do any of you have similar experiences? Totally different ones?
I am not a lawyer.

Redtail

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »
Hi,

Chris here from north shore.  Proud to support 2a.  I'd like to see 2a here as a right rather than a privilege.
‘‘I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.’’
‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’
-George Mason

www.campaignforliberty.com   www.lewrockwell.com