Premature, but what gun would you carry if HI allows CCW/Open carry (Read 31795 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Premature, but what gun would you carry if HI allows CCW/Open carry
« Reply #240 on: September 16, 2022, 08:47:28 PM »
Fixed it. I used my punch set to push the roll pin in more. Now its flush.

Right now the dot sits halfway on the front post. Will zero later as KKSC is closed. Might have to go to 808GC.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2022, 04:59:30 AM »

Right now the dot sits halfway on the front post. Will zero later as KKSC is closed. Might have to go to 808GC.

Nice!

ren

« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2022, 08:54:50 AM »

cute gun
Deeds Not Words

aletheuo137

« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2022, 09:54:46 AM »
I'ma gonna "crotch carry"

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2022, 09:08:06 AM »
Carried the Shield Plus AIWB with sidecar and the weight diff and bulkyness was huge compared to the VP9.  Even with the additional with of the sidecar holster, it wasn't noticeable at all.  Glad I made the investment for a smaller gun.

Mrs. CMO is getting a P365XL with Romeo Zero (comes with the optic).  We may change it later to a 507K if she likes the RDS.  This would be her first RDS also.  If she doesn't like it, then we will go to irons.  SEC didn't have 1 without the RDS and all other stores for the XL without external safety were sold out and no ETA on when they could get it.  I gave DCT 1st draft choice and he couldn't bring it in.  Young Guns had the external safety.

drck1000

« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2022, 10:18:28 AM »
Carried the Shield Plus AIWB with sidecar and the weight diff and bulkyness was huge compared to the VP9.  Even with the additional with of the sidecar holster, it wasn't noticeable at all.  Glad I made the investment for a smaller gun.

Mrs. CMO is getting a P365XL with Romeo Zero (comes with the optic).  We may change it later to a 507K if she likes the RDS.  This would be her first RDS also.  If she doesn't like it, then we will go to irons.  SEC didn't have 1 without the RDS and all other stores for the XL without external safety were sold out and no ETA on when they could get it.  I gave DCT 1st draft choice and he couldn't bring it in.  Young Guns had the external safety.
The CMOs buying a lot of pistolas lately.  Ballah!

Now that will be a fun side-by-side or head-to-head competition!  Are you going to change trigger on your Shield?  Like an Apex?

changemyoil66

« Reply #246 on: September 27, 2022, 11:19:41 AM »
The CMOs buying a lot of pistolas lately.  Ballah!

Now that will be a fun side-by-side or head-to-head competition!  Are you going to change trigger on your Shield?  Like an Apex?

The plus comes with a much better trigger than the non-plus. So I wont be changing it.  The M&P line all had shit triggers.

drck1000

« Reply #247 on: September 27, 2022, 11:22:30 AM »
The plus comes with a much better trigger than the non-plus. So I wont be changing it.  The M&P line all had shit triggers.
Thought you said was Indian, not the bow?   8)

I only have one M&P.  I swear the trigger on my M&P 45 is 10-12 lbs. . . I don't shoot it much though. 

Ordered an Overwatch Precision for my 43x.  Heard really good things.  Was also checking out Johnny Glock triggers, but those can get pricey. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2022, 12:29:42 PM »
Thought you said was Indian, not the bow?   8)

I only have one M&P.  I swear the trigger on my M&P 45 is 10-12 lbs. . . I don't shoot it much though. 

Ordered an Overwatch Precision for my 43x.  Heard really good things.  Was also checking out Johnny Glock triggers, but those can get pricey.

I thought your 43X trigger was fine. But then again, I'm not a trigger snob.  :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2022, 12:49:12 PM »
I thought your 43X trigger was fine. But then again, I'm not a trigger snob.  :rofl:
Snob?  Moi?  Discerning taste in triggers. . .  You're too pahke to try. . .  ;D

I think it's fine, but there's better out there.  Quite a bit heavier than I've gotten used to.  I've shot it fine with the stock trigger.  The more research I did, got more interested in the O/P trigger.  I have been shooting my Gucci Glock 19s after the 43x and makes me appreciate the trigger on the 19 even more.

changemyoil66

« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2022, 01:26:45 PM »
Snob?  Moi?  Discerning taste in triggers. . .  You're too pahke to try. . .  ;D

I think it's fine, but there's better out there.  Quite a bit heavier than I've gotten used to.  I've shot it fine with the stock trigger.  The more research I did, got more interested in the O/P trigger.  I have been shooting my Gucci Glock 19s after the 43x and makes me appreciate the trigger on the 19 even more.

Yeah, I'm too pake to make gucci stuff.  Just don't let me try your gucci glock, this way I won't know what I'm missing out on.  Mrs. CMO picking up the Shadow 2 blue tomorrow. Lack of cute holsters is the problem. She may have to go with plain Jane black.

drck1000

« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2022, 02:22:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm too pake to make gucci stuff.  Just don't let me try your gucci glock, this way I won't know what I'm missing out on.  Mrs. CMO picking up the Shadow 2 blue tomorrow. Lack of cute holsters is the problem. She may have to go with plain Jane black.
I shot stock triggers for a LONG time.  Both pistols and ARs.  With Glock triggers, can get a wide range of OEM triggers.  Most of the after market triggers are tweaks on the OEM parts. 

Shooting the Shadow 2 will be interesting for you. . . I think. . .  ;D

changemyoil66

« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »
No focus. I forgot I have a laser training tool for 9mm handguns. I will use that to better zero until I can do live fire.

changemyoil66

« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2022, 08:30:42 PM »
Maybe mrs.cmo will carry this. Lol.

changemyoil66

« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2022, 08:49:54 AM »
Mrs. CMO might get the Holosun 407K.  She def won't keep the Romeo Zero on the P365XL, but unsure if she wants to RDS. This would be her first RDS.

Got the XL from SEC as they had it in stock.  We gave DCT 1st draft choice, but he was unable to bring 1 in.  Then went to Young Guns, but they only had the thumb safety model and unable to bring more in.

drck1000

« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2022, 09:10:03 AM »
Mrs. CMO might get the Holosun 407K.  She def won't keep the Romeo Zero on the P365XL, but unsure if she wants to RDS. This would be her first RDS.

Got the XL from SEC as they had it in stock.  We gave DCT 1st draft choice, but he was unable to bring 1 in.  Then went to Young Guns, but they only had the thumb safety model and unable to bring more in.
What's wrong with the Romeo Zero? 

Some dots will sit higher depending on the plate.  I was thinking about trying an EPS in place of the RMR06 on one of my Gucci Glock 19s, but since the slide is milled for the RMR, the plate would make the RDS sit ever so slightly higher.  Would prob be ok, but not my preference. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2022, 09:28:36 AM »
What's wrong with the Romeo Zero? 

Some dots will sit higher depending on the plate.  I was thinking about trying an EPS in place of the RMR06 on one of my Gucci Glock 19s, but since the slide is milled for the RMR, the plate would make the RDS sit ever so slightly higher.  Would prob be ok, but not my preference.

The housing isn't metal, but a polymer (plastic). The lens is also plastic, which would be prone to scratches over the years.  Like how I have scratches on my glasses from wiping them often. Then the battery is bottom load, which means need to re-zero and since there's no rear sight to align the front sight so you know where  your dot sat prior, you will have to actually shoot to re-zero.

Then add in many legit YTers said it's trash.  So add all the above in, we rather go with something more reliable since this will be her new CCW gun.

I mean, it's a good RDS for the price.  But I wouldn't trust my life on it.  So if it was just a range gun or never left the house, you're probably OK. But an EDC gun especially with lint/smudges getting on the "glass" which would mean wiping often, I don't have confidence.

1 Good and bad thing about the XL is that the optic cut is flat.  So no plate needed for the 407K. But the bad part is no raised notches to help take the recoil force.  So all the force are on the 2 screws.  Like the Walther PDP V1.  V2, they added the notches.  But this is no difff from the optic plated I got from CHPWS for the Shield Plus.  It's now a flat surface that my 507K sits on.  DPP Titanium kept the notches, but they are sold out and have been for a while now.

Walther stated that the V1 cut is fine and the screws can take it.  Also no vids of screws breaking on the PDP. But they listened to their consumers and added them on V2.  Also I'm sure CHPWS knows what they're doing.

drck1000

« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2022, 09:41:33 AM »
The housing isn't metal, but a polymer (plastic). The lens is also plastic, which would be prone to scratches over the years.  Like how I have scratches on my glasses from wiping them often. Then the battery is bottom load, which means need to re-zero and since there's no rear sight to align the front sight so you know where  your dot sat prior, you will have to actually shoot to re-zero.

Then add in many legit YTers said it's trash.  So add all the above in, we rather go with something more reliable since this will be her new CCW gun.

I mean, it's a good RDS for the price.  But I wouldn't trust my life on it.  So if it was just a range gun or never left the house, you're probably OK. But an EDC gun especially with lint/smudges getting on the "glass" which would mean wiping often, I don't have confidence.

1 Good and bad thing about the XL is that the optic cut is flat.  So no plate needed for the 407K. But the bad part is no raised notches to help take the recoil force.  So all the force are on the 2 screws.  Like the Walther PDP V1.  V2, they added the notches.  But this is no difff from the optic plated I got from CHPWS for the Shield Plus.  It's now a flat surface that my 507K sits on.  DPP Titanium kept the notches, but they are sold out and have been for a while now.

Walther stated that the V1 cut is fine and the screws can take it.  Also no vids of screws breaking on the PDP. But they listened to their consumers and added them on V2.  Also I'm sure CHPWS knows what they're doing.
You do you.  Annnnywaaaays. . . recommend you and Mrs. CMO shoot the gun with the Romeo Zero.  Hope you can find a purple Holosun. . .  ;D

Interesting that the Holosun K footprint is a direct fit.  Might have to look into one. . .  O0

changemyoil66

« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2022, 09:50:11 AM »
You do you.  Annnnywaaaays. . . recommend you and Mrs. CMO shoot the gun with the Romeo Zero.  Hope you can find a purple Holosun. . .  ;D

Interesting that the Holosun K footprint is a direct fit.  Might have to look into one. . .  O0

What's good about the K is that it has a rear sight notch on the optic.  Cause with the XL, you lose your rear sight totally.  The Romeo Zero has a notch as well.  Bascially the XL would fit any RDS that is the same length as the 407K/507K.  IDK the length of RMR or RMRcc. But those too buku for me.

changemyoil66

« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2022, 02:07:53 PM »
I decided to read into the DPP Titanium for the Glock MOS on Amazon and looks like it would fit the Shield Plus. The only diff is that the screws it comes with isn't long enough.

I'm looking into what length the Shield Plus screws are.

https://www.amazon.com/DPP-Titanium-Adapter-Hellcat-Holosun/dp/B09G9VVYLB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3G16KY85FWGQN&keywords=dpp+titanium&qid=1664496440&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjY1IiwicXNhIjoiMy40MiIsInFzcCI6IjIuNjYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=dpp+tita%2Caps%2C749&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1