Hurry up with those permits Chief (Read 19845 times)

Heavies

Re: Hurry up with those permits Chief
« Reply #480 on: September 20, 2022, 01:48:10 PM »

« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2022, 07:04:24 AM »
The good ol' symbolic bend the knee as part of COF.

changemyoil66

« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2022, 09:15:09 AM »
Article run that Logan intends to sign the CCWs by the end of October.  So the hearing for the new rules happen on 10/4. Lets assume they make zero changes and they take into affect that day.  Then any person who wishes to be qualified to administer the exams will have to get approved by either HPD or the State of Hawaii.  The instructor also has to submit what their examination (written) will be and this too has to be approved by either party.

Then the exam/class needs to take place because you cannot use the HI handgun safety class since more is required as stated in the chiefs rules.  Then the shooting portion has to take place and we all know KHSC is closed.  So to schedule an indoor with permission will have to take place.  And then all submitted to HPD, assuming the existing CCW app is still valid and no new form is needed or needs to be redone.

We have seen how long FFL's wishing to be approved to sell Tasers took.  I'm sure the instructors will be approved within a few days of 10/4.

Logan is lying for the 2nd time about when he plans to approve CCWs.  He is blowing more smoke up peoples asses so they don't get too upset at the delays.

Lets say for arguments sake he will just sign off on the CCW's as is and nothing further is needed despite it being in the new rules.  This means he could have signed them back in July.  This is what corruption looks like.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2022, 09:33:37 AM »
This morning HNN reported that Logan " thought that CCW licenses would NEVER be issued in the state of Hawaii."  Then the report goes on about since SCOTUS ruled in favor of right to carry, HPD has to implement a CCW program in place.

Hard to believe that the CCW program in Hawaii will be fair, honest, and non-discriminatory.  And most importantly un-biased to personal opinion.

HNN also reported that Logan plans to issue permits in October.  Maybe to his friends, family and mommy but in my opinion the common citizen will be waiting a long, long time.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2022, 10:33:53 AM »
shows how corrupt this state is
they've had the process for CCW for many years, but just did not hand out any permits bc they never planned on giving any out
I applied years ago and when I asked to apply for CCW the officer behind the widow told me, "what you going apply for?  you only going get denied." so all the cops know that they don't issue any CCW to civilians in Hawaii.  which is totally unconstitutional

Police chief Logan and all the gun hating politicians need to follow the law and the rulings of the courts, and not follow their own political agenda.
that's what they are sworn to do
but we all know better, that they are self serving BS artists

MarvintheMartian

« Reply #485 on: September 21, 2022, 11:23:23 AM »
Is each county’s CCW application criteria and firearms qualification test identical to each other?  If not, why not?  I would think that having dissimilar standards would open the counties and possibly the state to another drawn-out lawsuit (then again maybe that’s what they want).

Also, does the Hawaii County (and any other county) firearms qualification test require an emergency reload?  The video showed an emergency reload during the 3rd course of fire after 15 shots were fired.  What about the 10-round magazine limit or if someone is using a 5-shot revolver?

changemyoil66

« Reply #486 on: September 21, 2022, 11:41:00 AM »
Is each county’s CCW application criteria and firearms qualification test identical to each other?  If not, why not?  I would think that having dissimilar standards would open the counties and possibly the state to another drawn-out lawsuit (then again maybe that’s what they want).

Also, does the Hawaii County (and any other county) firearms qualification test require an emergency reload?  The video showed an emergency reload during the 3rd course of fire after 15 shots were fired.  What about the 10-round magazine limit or if someone is using a 5-shot revolver?

Each county is slightly diff. Kauai and BI are similar.  Maui is diff and Oahu looks to be diff.  Logan did say on radio that he got together with all the chiefs to make sure they are on the same page.  Apparently not. Esp since Maui has already issued 9 permits as of 2 weeks ago.

Other counties didn't have a hearing to give input to their rules. So make sure you write and if can, show up for Oahu's one.

aletheuo137

« Reply #487 on: September 21, 2022, 04:36:17 PM »
So, what is the list of requirements he came up with or is it more of a moving tatget?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #488 on: September 21, 2022, 05:32:54 PM »
So, what is the list of requirements he came up with or is it more of a moving tatget?

Its on the rules. Go pass the security/armored car type info.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

aletheuo137

« Reply #489 on: September 21, 2022, 06:16:59 PM »
Its on the rules. Go pass the security/armored car type info.

Do I get my get out of jail card if I pass go? It seems like they are expanding it or keep adding to it!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 07:09:53 PM by aletheuo137 »

zippz

« Reply #490 on: September 21, 2022, 07:05:17 PM »

Good shooting.  Now can he get his grandmother to pass the test?
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

groveler

« Reply #491 on: September 21, 2022, 07:12:19 PM »
Each county is slightly diff. Kauai and BI are similar.  Maui is diff and Oahu looks to be diff.  Logan did say on radio that he got together with all the chiefs to make sure they are on the same page.  Apparently not. Esp since Maui has already issued 9 permits as of 2 weeks ago.

Other counties didn't have a hearing to give input to their rules. So make sure you write and if can, show up for Oahu's one.
"Other counties didn't have a hearing to give input to their rules. So make sure you write and if can, show up for Oahu's one."

The BI don't need no stinking hearings, the Democrats already know what is best for you.
My only comment would be,
" Since when do I have to justify to anybody my natural born rights?"
 :wtf:

Heavies

« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2022, 05:47:51 AM »
Good shooting.  Now can he get his grandmother to pass the test?

That is exactly what I was thinking. Looking at the comments, seems the guy supports the somewhat strict test. I’m all for proficiency and believe responsible people will practice and get good. However, all that is NOT in the 2A

QUIETShooter

« Reply #493 on: September 22, 2022, 06:03:25 AM »
Proficiency, knowledge, training.  Confidence in your firearm(s) and what it can and cannot do.  Confidence in what you can do and cannot do as a concealed carry citizen.

I believe this is more important.  Just as a law-abiding citizen will make the commitment to responsible and safe gun ownership, this same citizen will make the commitment to be a responsible CCW holder through classes and training.

LE and the asshat politicians just need to distinguish us from the bad guys.  They either cannot or don't want to.  I tend to believe the latter.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #494 on: September 22, 2022, 08:43:37 AM »
That is exactly what I was thinking. Looking at the comments, seems the guy supports the somewhat strict test. I’m all for proficiency and believe responsible people will practice and get good. However, all that is NOT in the 2A

IDK if people know who he is, but he recently moved out of HI.  He does stippling as a business and I think some cerakote.  I'm going to assume he moved away due to HI's problems and 2a violations being one of them.

zippz

« Reply #495 on: September 22, 2022, 01:13:29 PM »

If the BI and Kauai policies were given by the AG, then it's possible Logan already decided he's going with the same policy.  Good in a way that it gets rid of a lot of the HPD crap, but the shooting test is difficult for most people.

For someone taking a CCW class with a little extra practice, I think less than 25% could pass the test.  There's some people, elderly and disabled, and some setups like airweight revolvers, that can't pass the test at all.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #496 on: September 22, 2022, 01:27:42 PM »
If the BI and Kauai policies were given by the AG, then it's possible Logan already decided he's going with the same policy.  Good in a way that it gets rid of a lot of the HPD crap, but the shooting test is difficult for most people.

I'm referring specifically to the shooting qual, Oahu's one in the Chiefs rules is much different from BI/Kauai. Oahu's one is do-able with minimal practice.  BI/Kauai would be much harder, even with moderate practice.

So there is no way "they're all on the same page" like Logan stated since the un-passible qual is a huge part of the process.

MarvintheMartian

« Reply #497 on: September 22, 2022, 06:08:55 PM »
Not that the counties or the state will take this into consideration, but here is the firearm qualification standards for Nevada:

NEVADA CONCEALED HANDGUN TRAINING STANDARDS
Revised October 1, 2013 by the NVSCA

Nevada CCW Firearms Qualification

A total of 30 rounds for 6 shot or larger capacity and 25 rounds for 5 shot capacity must be fired. Firearms with less than a 5 shot capacity will have to be reloaded at each stage to comply with the 5 shot capacity standards. A minimum score of 70% is required to pass, and shall be indicated on the certificate as “Pass/Fail” only. A humanoid style target such as the B27, B21 or FBI Q shall be used.

6 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards / 6 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
5 yards / 12 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
7 yards / 12 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip

5 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards / 5 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
5 yards / 10 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
7 yards / 10 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip

The Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association (NVSCA) establishes the minimum training standards required for the issue and renewal of carry concealed handgun permits (CCW) and the minimum standards required to become an instructor for concealed handgun permits
Authority for the NVSCA to establish these standards is provided in Nevada Revised Statute 202.3657

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/3976e12a-da21-4fa4-b94b-5f48dff7a7b7/downloads/1cgsne841_444906.pdf?ver=1626717066502

changemyoil66

« Reply #498 on: September 22, 2022, 06:54:43 PM »
Not that the counties or the state will take this into consideration, but here is the firearm qualification standards for Nevada:

NEVADA CONCEALED HANDGUN TRAINING STANDARDS
Revised October 1, 2013 by the NVSCA

Nevada CCW Firearms Qualification

A total of 30 rounds for 6 shot or larger capacity and 25 rounds for 5 shot capacity must be fired. Firearms with less than a 5 shot capacity will have to be reloaded at each stage to comply with the 5 shot capacity standards. A minimum score of 70% is required to pass, and shall be indicated on the certificate as “Pass/Fail” only. A humanoid style target such as the B27, B21 or FBI Q shall be used.

6 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards / 6 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
5 yards / 12 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
7 yards / 12 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip

5 Shot Capacity Course

3 yards / 5 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
5 yards / 10 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip
7 yards / 10 rounds / No time limit / Freestyle stance and grip

The Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association (NVSCA) establishes the minimum training standards required for the issue and renewal of carry concealed handgun permits (CCW) and the minimum standards required to become an instructor for concealed handgun permits
Authority for the NVSCA to establish these standards is provided in Nevada Revised Statute 202.3657

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/3976e12a-da21-4fa4-b94b-5f48dff7a7b7/downloads/1cgsne841_444906.pdf?ver=1626717066502
Per my NV ccw instructor, its very difficult to fail. Mrs. Cmo scored like 98%. This was b4 she corrected her flinch.

Cain57

« Reply #499 on: September 22, 2022, 07:20:47 PM »
Does anybody know the Maui course of fire?