We need to protect ourselves. (Read 4059 times)

RSN172

Re: We need to protect ourselves.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2022, 01:05:34 PM »
Sounds more like a euphemism for "coerced just short of causing significant injuries", probably because she complied rather than suffer a beating on top of the sexual assault.

JMO
Well Sgt Chris Kim said to comply with their demands and when you get a chance, call 911.

To me, following police advice or even calling them is a good way to get yourself killed or seriously injured.

zippz

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »
What’s a weak compulsion?

Rubber bands and spitballs?

"Strong compulsion" means the use of or attempt to use one or more of the following to overcome a person:

(1)  A threat, express or implied, that places a person in fear of bodily injury to the individual or another person, or in fear that the person or another person will be kidnapped;

(2)  A dangerous instrument; or

(3)  Physical force."

"Compulsion" means absence of consent, or a threat, express or implied, that places a person in fear of public humiliation, property damage, or financial loss."
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Rocky

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2022, 09:28:45 AM »
Legal definition via "Law Insider"
Strong compulsion [sic] is any intrusion of any part of a person’s body into the genital opening.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

ren

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2022, 01:19:36 PM »
https://www.khon2.com/hawaii-crime/man-arrested-after-breaking-into-kapiolani-blvd-home/

The Honolulu Police Department arrested a man in his 40s on Monday on suspicion of burglary, unauthorized possession of confidential personal information and assault at a home on Kapiolani Blvd.
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2022, 06:41:14 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/09/13/ems-man-seriously-injured-apparent-stabbing/

A 35-year-old man was seriously injured in an apparent stabbing in Honolulu on Monday evening.

Authorities said the incident happened about 5:05 p.m. at Keeaumoku Avenue and South Beretania Street.

The man was apparently stabbed several times, and Honolulu EMS administered life-saving treatment before transporting him to a hospital.

Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2022, 07:25:06 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/09/14/hpd-investigating-stabbing-chinatown-that-left-man-serious-condition/

Honolulu police are investigating a stabbing in Chinatown that left a 32-year-old man serious condition.

Authorities responded around 12:40 p.m. to the scene on North Hotel Street.

Emergency Medical Services said they treated a man with abdominal wounds and transported him to a nearby trauma center.

HPD said the victim is uncooperative and no arrests have been made at this time.
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2022, 10:19:24 PM »
All kine stuff happening all over this fricken island.  Had one smash and grab at a jewelry store at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

This place going nuts.

Meanwhile, HPD Chief is busy figuring out how to make the CCW process A PAIN IN THE A$$ FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.

Wonderful.  Just wonderful.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2022, 09:58:42 AM »
All kine stuff happening all over this fricken island.  Had one smash and grab at a jewelry store at Hilton Hawaiian Village.

This place going nuts.

Meanwhile, HPD Chief is busy figuring out how to make the CCW process A PAIN IN THE A$$ FOR LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.

Wonderful.  Just wonderful.
=========================
yep, that's what I see.
To that end, I just got a bunch of pepper spray cans to give to friends and coworkers. (Especially the pretty gals)
I had to do something for these oblivious people.

What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2022, 10:28:12 AM »
yep, that's what I see.
To that end, I just got a bunch of pepper spray cans to give to friends and coworkers. (Especially the pretty gals)
How you filter out the cuckoo ones?   ;D

Rocky

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2022, 01:42:18 PM »
yep, that's what I see.
You are too kind but only enabling those "oblivious people".  :love:
If they come to harm, they will then realize the wisdom of your words and become pro 2a ! :D
Pretty gals need guns too !
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

ren

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2022, 04:34:00 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/09/16/suspect-arrested-after-allegedly-robbing-2-honolulu-businesses-2-days/

Honolulu police have captured a suspected gunman accused of holding up two businesses in two days.

Law enforcement sources say police used surveillance video to link the suspect to both crimes.

Along Kapahulu Avenue on Thursday, businesses were on high alert after the string of recent robberies.

The latest happened a little after 8 p.m. Tuesda
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2022, 07:00:08 PM »
So per sgt kim, the business owner must change things, like making deposits mid day instead of at night.

Funny how we dont see hpd making statements like keeping felons behind bars or stricter sentences for career criminals.

HPd wants u to be a victim and will only chime in if it affects their personal safety. Like how they pushed for theag bans after diamond head and other laws.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

oldfart

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2022, 08:24:29 AM »
How you filter out the cuckoo ones?   ;D
===========
All the pretty ones are cuckoo. This is a fact of nature. (google "hot-crazy matrix")
So therefore, pretty cuckoos attract the stupid male cuckoos, that's why the pretty cuckoos get my anti-cuckoo spray cans.
It's not rocket science. :rofl: :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 10:38:59 AM »
Nothing like getting an amber alert in the middle of the night just to remind me that my relaxing sleep was a lie and all the kidnappers, rapists, and human traffic slave traders seem to think it’s open season

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/09/17/hawaii-island-police-issue-alert-missing-15-year-old-girl-believed-be-danger/

https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/parents-raise-concern-over-campus-safety-following-recent-instances-at-hawaii-schools/article_c8cd2a12-33ec-11ed-b814-33d63b8e6da1.html
All Lives Matter

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 11:58:25 AM »
Nothing like getting an amber alert in the middle of the night just to remind me that my relaxing sleep was a lie and all the kidnappers, rapists, and human traffic slave traders seem to think it’s open season

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/09/17/hawaii-island-police-issue-alert-missing-15-year-old-girl-believed-be-danger/

https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/parents-raise-concern-over-campus-safety-following-recent-instances-at-hawaii-schools/article_c8cd2a12-33ec-11ed-b814-33d63b8e6da1.html

I received the Amber Alert via my RING App's "Neighbors" Feed.  It came in about 15 hours ago, so sometime around 7:30PM.

I then got the blaring alarm on my phone at 1:43am.

Typical government actors keeping the people of Hawaii "safe!"  Why did it take from around 7:30pm until 1:43am to get the Amber Alert through the phone?  Did someone lose the password again?

Seriously, imagine being a child abductor in Hawaii and knowing you have about 6 extra hours to evade detection before the public is alerted.  Saves the government from immediately letting him back out on the street with no bail....

I have to wonder if the airport was alerted earlier than 2am so they could be looking for them in the 6 hours that passed before the public was alerted?

:wtf:
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2022, 12:30:01 PM »
Gee, in the time lapse between the incident and the public being alerted he could have been in Vegas by then. ::)

QUIETShooter

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2022, 12:34:54 PM »

P.S. Toads and Lee and whatever the new chief’s name is should take their heads out of the sand and put it up…….
This is insane. They need to meet the guys applying for permits at the range.
Not for the crazy qualifying that over 50% of the cops couldn’t pass. Just to see how responsible and upstanding these folks are.

Yeah, they picking on the wrong guys.  They should go after and spend resources on the criminals.  We are the good guys.

While they are figuring out how to keep us down, the criminals are running amok all over the place.

oldfart

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2022, 02:35:32 PM »
Yeah, they picking on the wrong guys.  They should go after and spend resources on the criminals.  We are the good guys.

While they are figuring out how to keep us down, the criminals are running amok all over the place.
===========
I wish the chief of police could see this
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »
So they found the missing girl now who was with the perp.
Curious to know the rest of the story
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2022, 03:10:36 PM »
So they found the missing girl now who was with the perp.
Curious to know the rest of the story

Who was Hunter Biden?
Deeds Not Words