We need to protect ourselves. (Read 4058 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: We need to protect ourselves.
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2022, 03:19:21 PM »
So they found the missing girl now who was with the perp.
Curious to know the rest of the story

What's been reported so far ...

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/09/17/breaking-news/hawaii-island-police-issue-amber-alert-for-missing-15-year-old-girl/
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

oldfart

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2022, 07:22:47 AM »
What's been reported so far ...

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/09/17/breaking-news/hawaii-island-police-issue-amber-alert-for-missing-15-year-old-girl/
=======================
That star advertiser story keeps using the term "alleged" kidnapping.
HNN story says they went to a popular Hilo cafe where there were many people.

It's pretty obvious that there is more to this story.
==========================
Apparently, the perp actually drugged and raped the girl.
I say we protect ourselves by giving this dude the deluxe boat ride.
I wanna start a charter boat company giving free swimming lessons.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:42:53 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

ren

Deeds Not Words

stangzilla

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2022, 12:04:12 PM »
yesterday I see a moped rider with a Samurai sword strapped on his back
balisong is illegal, but if you want to pack a Samurai sword, you are more than welcome to

QUIETShooter

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2022, 12:10:43 PM »
balisong is illegal, but if you want to pack a Samurai sword, you are more than welcome to

Sgt. Kim said that as soon as you're able to, call 911.  If I ever get attacked by someone with a sword, I won't be able to call 911.

My hands or arms will probably be hacked off and I haven't practiced to dial with my tongue or nose.  Or maybe my head will be hacked off too so no matter.  I'm dead.

Sgt. Kim, the only way I'll be able to call 911 is after I do a mag dump on that f**ker.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2022, 12:33:04 PM »
Sgt. Kim said that as soon as you're able to, call 911.  If I ever get attacked by someone with a sword, I won't be able to call 911.

My hands or arms will probably be hacked off and I haven't practiced to dial with my tongue or nose.  Or maybe my head will be hacked off too so no matter.  I'm dead.

Sgt. Kim, the only way I'll be able to call 911 is after I do a mag dump on that f**ker.

Sgt. Kim hasn't been to the Waikiki 7/11.

changemyoil66

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2022, 12:34:16 PM »

Balisongs will soon be legal along butterfly knives. HIFICO has a lawsuit already filed and  pending.

hvybarrels

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2022, 01:34:26 PM »
In Fiji there were plenty of guys walking down the road with big machetes just in case the sugarcane decided to make a surprise attack
All Lives Matter

changemyoil66

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »
In Fiji there were plenty of guys walking down the road with big machetes just in case the sugarcane decided to make a surprise attack

They are legal here to carry open or concealled.  But in NV, they are illegal to conceal.  Yet 1 can open carry without a permit.

drck1000

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2022, 01:43:10 PM »
Work tools! 

A Filipino family (mom, dad, and son) did yard maintenance at my dad's house.  I saw the dad make short work of some decently thick shrubs with his machete.  Was  :o

ren

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2022, 09:49:15 PM »
https://www.kitv.com/news/robberies-shootings-assaults-residents-say-crime-in-kalihi-is-exploding/article_99179d2a-3a27-11ed-8f07-ff0e8981ee0e.html

Kalihi Valley residents are concerned with a major uptick in crime and they're pleading with state leaders for help.

"We had a 19 year old that was assaulted -- sexually assaulted -- about a week and a half ago," said Kalihi Valley resident Michael McDonald. "And we've had other general crime in the area, you know, so everybody's kind of concerned in my neighborhood."

Surveillance videos from McDonald's neighbors show trespassers looking through mailboxes, trying to get into cars and stealing things right off front porches.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2022, 12:10:47 AM »
https://www.kitv.com/news/robberies-shootings-assaults-residents-say-crime-in-kalihi-is-exploding/article_99179d2a-3a27-11ed-8f07-ff0e8981ee0e.html

Kalihi Valley residents are concerned with a major uptick in crime and they're pleading with state leaders for help.

"We had a 19 year old that was assaulted -- sexually assaulted -- about a week and a half ago," said Kalihi Valley resident Michael McDonald. "And we've had other general crime in the area, you know, so everybody's kind of concerned in my neighborhood."

Surveillance videos from McDonald's neighbors show trespassers looking through mailboxes, trying to get into cars and stealing things right off front porches.

Hypothetically:

Crimes rises & gov't is unable to stop it.  When they do catch the perps, property crimes normally go unpunished or with a minor wrist-slap.  Violent offenders get probation or no jail time because people are afraid to testify or there's nothing other than witness testimony to present at trial: no weapon, no video, etc.

Enter the Supreme Court.  With the state's "good cause" rule shot down (pun intended), the state must now make it possible for people to be armed in public.

Result:  If the issuance of Concealed Carry Licenses gets a few perps shot and/or killed, then crime suddenly takes a downward trend, the correlation will be a huge win for gun rights and a kick in the teeth for gun control activists. 

This exact scenario has played out in many cities across the US.  Arm the public, stop the criminals.

I remember the Detroit Police Chief telling people about 8 years ago to go out and buy a gun, because "we can't keep you safe."

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/aug/17/police-guns-detroit-crime-race-cost-issues

I think other city police have issued similar announcements in the wake of the pandemic and increases in violent crime.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2022, 05:54:27 AM »
But.....but.....but....Sgt. Kim said......... ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, I agree with Flapp.  Arm the public, stop the criminals.  I believe that once the criminal element knows citizens can carry firearms crime will go down.

MarvintheMartian

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2022, 06:14:57 AM »
Agree.  An armed society is a polite society.

oldfart

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2022, 08:51:53 AM »
Guy gets shot with arrow down Chinatown last night.

Bad people will find a way to do bad things with or without a gun.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2022, 11:54:30 AM »
Chinatown has been getting a lot of bad rap lately.  Who da hell is in charge there?  Is it that toads guy?

changemyoil66

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:17 PM »
Chinatown has been getting a lot of bad rap lately.  Who da hell is in charge there?  Is it that toads guy?

Winner winner, we have a winner.

hvybarrels

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2022, 06:17:27 PM »
“I’m okay with the events that are unfolding currently.”

All Lives Matter

ren

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2022, 05:37:09 PM »
Crime is up but not bad compared to mainland...
https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/new-report-shows-crime-rates-up-in-hawaii-but-low-compared-to-mainland/article_d137f2de-3beb-11ed-97a0-bb0972d0c86f.html

Hey, its not that hot compared to the surface of the sun
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2022, 02:57:11 PM »
https://www.khon2.com/hawaii-crime/increase-in-homicide-rape-other-violent-crimes-on-oahu/

According to the MCCA survey, the Honolulu Police Department reported an increase in all four areas.
HOMICIDE
    2022: 15
    2021: 11

RAPE
    2022: 136
    2021: 112

ROBBERY
    2022: 428
    2021: 360

AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
    2022: 607
    2021: 592