We need to protect ourselves. (Read 7244 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

aieahound

Re: We need to protect ourselves.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 09:56:01 PM »
  :thumbsup:
Bingo !

Still hope I make it to hearing but preparing testimony.
This is all like in the past two weeks !
Obviously there’s a need/justification for carrying.

Thanks Ren.  :shaka:

P.S. Toads and Lee and whatever the new chief’s name is should take their heads out of the sand and put it up…….
This is insane. They need to meet the guys applying for permits at the range.
Not for the crazy qualifying that over 50% of the cops couldn’t pass. Just to see how responsible and upstanding these folks are.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:04:45 PM by aieahound »

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 10:31:55 PM »
Make sure your taxes are up to date so that as your lifeblood oozes out on the pavement you’ll die knowing you were a good and loyal citizen.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 05:58:45 AM »
These restrictions, protocols, and training that "they" are implementing into the CCW permit process shows that "they" do not trust the law-abiding citizen.

It also shows their personal ideologies and beliefs as far as gun ownership and rights.  As professionals they cannot do this but then again, this is Hawaii with its immature leadership.

The typical law-abiding citizen of the United States know what is right or wrong.  They believe strongly in their rights and know the difference between rights and priviledge.

Hawaii's LE and Politicians are afraid of this.  Their courage, actions, and demeanor depend solely on the fact that they are the only ones with guns and the rest of us can suck wind.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 06:57:13 AM »
Ren, you're preaching to the choir, but it's ok.
Maybe some elected official will catch the hint.
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 07:59:17 AM »
Another reason.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/02/10/live-shopo-holds-news-conference-discuss-chronic-understaffing-hpd/

“This dangerous understaffing is an open secret within the department,” he added, calling the shortages a “dire public health crisis.
"Right now, the HPD has over 300 vacancies and that’s expected to grow over the next several years.
The police union said another 193 officers are eligible to retire and there aren’t enough replacements in the current pool of new recruits."

Well I guess if you want to carry, you can always join HPD  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 08:04:29 AM »
we should also add the shooting down at Hau Bush last night as evidence that crackheads are rampant
What, Me Worry?

aletheuo137

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 08:39:03 AM »

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 08:46:39 AM »
Another reason.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/02/10/live-shopo-holds-news-conference-discuss-chronic-understaffing-hpd/

“This dangerous understaffing is an open secret within the department,” he added, calling the shortages a “dire public health crisis.
"Right now, the HPD has over 300 vacancies and that’s expected to grow over the next several years.
The police union said another 193 officers are eligible to retire and there aren’t enough replacements in the current pool of new recruits."

Well I guess if you want to carry, you can always join HPD  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Police officers are probably getting tired and discouraged when their efforts end up with the prosecution failing to follow through with convictions and the same criminals are released.  Again and again.

The Hawaii revolving door syndrome.

Also Hawaii's Best and the Finest no longer see Law Enforcement as a satisfying career where they can make a difference. 

And if Hawaii's Best and Finest are not filling the ranks of HPD, just guess who and what are filling those ranks.

Yep......

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 10:25:04 AM »
Police officers are probably getting tired and discouraged when their efforts end up with the prosecution failing to follow through with convictions and the same criminals are released.  Again and again.

The Hawaii revolving door syndrome.

Also Hawaii's Best and the Finest no longer see Law Enforcement as a satisfying career where they can make a difference. 

And if Hawaii's Best and Finest are not filling the ranks of HPD, just guess who and what are filling those ranks.

Yep......

Maybe the "Best and the Finest" are now realizing they can't get away with their old tactics on the street due to all the video cameras in their cars, on their bodies, on people's phones, installed on homes and businesses, ...

Time to look for another ego-satisfying occupation that requires no formal training, like Governor, or lawmaker, ....
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 11:08:38 AM »
These restrictions, protocols, and training that "they" are implementing into the CCW permit process shows that "they" do not trust the law-abiding citizen.

It also shows their personal ideologies and beliefs as far as gun ownership and rights.  As professionals they cannot do this but then again, this is Hawaii with its immature leadership.

The typical law-abiding citizen of the United States know what is right or wrong.  They believe strongly in their rights and know the difference between rights and priviledge.

Hawaii's LE and Politicians are afraid of this.  Their courage, actions, and demeanor depend solely on the fact that they are the only ones with guns and the rest of us can suck wind.
"Their courage, actions, and demeanor depend solely on the fact that they are the only ones with guns and the rest of us can suck wind."

I got really really BAD NEWS FOR THOSE GUYS.
I'm pretty damn certain everyone here follows the law.
I even more certain that we are way outnumbered by those that ignore their silly assed un-constitutional laws.
 :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 11:23:28 AM »
Maybe the "Best and the Finest" are now realizing they can't get away with their old tactics on the street due to all the video cameras in their cars, on their bodies, on people's phones, installed on homes and businesses, ...

Time to look for another ego-satisfying occupation that requires no formal training, like Governor, or lawmaker, ....

Dan Goo who would testify often prior to his passing stated something like: "When I first started HPD, I was excited that I would be able to help people. But I learned within the first few weeks that instead I was a glorified note taker. Almost every call, I would arrive after the fact.  WHen I retired, I had to turn in my badge, gun, radio, and handcuffs.  Now I'm a regular guy like everyone else".

s15project

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 05:13:42 PM »

ren

Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »
https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/19-year-old-woman-sexually-assaulted-in-dark-public-stairwell-in-kalihi/article_594499e0-3154-11ed-969c-d7eede18cf70.html

Honolulu Police are looking for two male suspects after a woman was sexually assaulted in the Kalihi area late Wednesday night.

Police say the 19-year-old woman was walking home along the 2300 block of Wilson Street when she was pulled into a public stairwell and was sexually assaulted by 'strong compulsion.' The victim did not know the suspects.
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2022, 01:36:03 PM »
https://www.kitv.com/news/crime/19-year-old-woman-sexually-assaulted-in-dark-public-stairwell-in-kalihi/article_594499e0-3154-11ed-969c-d7eede18cf70.html

Honolulu Police are looking for two male suspects after a woman was sexually assaulted in the Kalihi area late Wednesday night.

Police say the 19-year-old woman was walking home along the 2300 block of Wilson Street when she was pulled into a public stairwell and was sexually assaulted by 'strong compulsion.' The victim did not know the suspects.

Too bad she cant ccw anyways due to being under 21.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 01:54:09 PM »
Too bad she cant ccw anyways due to being under 21.

Ask yourself whether the perps know how old she is.

If everyone eligible to carry is issued a license when they apply, the perps won't know who is carrying and who isn't.  They'd have to have more information to be sure their intended target can't fight back.

Her age is irrelevant, because right now NOBODY can CCW.  She could have been 26 and just as defenseless.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 10:21:44 AM »
Strong compulsion sounds like weasel words for “they beat her up pretty bad”
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 11:55:00 AM »
Strong compulsion sounds like weasel words for “they beat her up pretty bad”

Sounds more like a euphemism for "coerced just short of causing significant injuries", probably because she complied rather than suffer a beating on top of the sexual assault.

JMO
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2022, 12:16:42 PM »
What’s a weak compulsion?

Rubber bands and spitballs?