We need to protect ourselves. (Read 7557 times)

QUIETShooter

Re: We need to protect ourselves.
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2022, 03:33:37 PM »
Civil strife may very well be right around the corner.....

So we must PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!

But KHSC is CLOSED, CLOSED, CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!

So how are we to PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Like the young nephew in the movie "The Last Samurai" advised Tom Cruise when Tom was getting frustrated trying to beat the samurai master:

"Don't think.......do........"
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

drck1000

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2022, 03:56:49 PM »
Civil strife may very well be right around the corner.....

So we must PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!

But KHSC is CLOSED, CLOSED, CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!

So how are we to PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Like the young nephew in the movie "The Last Samurai" advised Tom Cruise when Tom was getting frustrated trying to beat the samurai master:

"Don't think.......do........"
"You too much mind. . . no mind"  ;D

QUIETShooter

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2022, 06:33:48 PM »

That's it!  My bad.  I had a feeling I didn't get it quite right..... :rofl: :oops:

But yeah, that's what I was trying to get at, lol!!

RSN172

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2022, 08:45:51 PM »
You can practice in your garage or home. Get a BB or airsoft clone of your defensive weapon. You can practice cheaply and quietly.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2022, 07:52:00 AM »
Natural disasters can strike at any time.  Hurricanes, Winter storms, you name it.  In severe situations, like what happened with Katrina in New Orleans and now potentially with Ian going up the Florida coast, how effective will LE be during these times?

These asshat millionaire Politicians forget that for the common citizen, hunkering down is probably one of the few options available to them.

They don't have security details to protect them, nor the ability to just jump on a plane to get out of there.

We definitely need to protect ourselves.  LE will be non-existent or extremely stretched to rely on.

And then there is the other catastrophe.  The social melt-down of law and order.  I don't know which is worse, natural or man-made disasters.  But the bottom line is when the SHTF, no one will come.

Rocky

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2022, 09:34:54 AM »
Lost in translation  :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Pancakes

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2022, 07:05:02 PM »
Literally just called 911 because some kids were trashing a car on the street got a video of their car speeding away showed them the video, they took my name and number said they didn’t need a copy of the video and that’s it. I can’t say for 100% sure they won’t go after them or investigate it but seems like it. I’m hopeful they knew who it was and will catch them, but the vibe I got was they’re just going to let it go. It was a nice newer Acura SUV too.

ren

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2022, 07:06:59 PM »
Literally just called 911 because some kids were trashing a car on the street got a video of their car speeding away showed them the video, they took my name and number said they didn’t need a copy of the video and that’s it. I can’t say for 100% sure they won’t go after them or investigate it but seems like it. I’m hopeful they knew who it was and will catch them, but the vibe I got was they’re just going to let it go. It was a nice newer Acura SUV too.

I'd leverage social media against these crumbs. Post it on Stolen Stuff HI and youtube
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2022, 05:10:27 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/10/06/investigation-underway-after-2-injured-apparent-home-invasion-aina-haina/

Honolulu police are investigating a violent home invasion in Aina Haina on Wednesday evening that left two women injured.

Authorities said the incident happened around 6:30 p.m. on the mauka side of Kalanianaole Highway.

Police said a woman was watering her plants when a male suspect pushed her to the ground and held her at gunpoint. A second male suspect ran inside and attacked another woman in her bedroom demanding money.

Sources said the attackers fled in a white BMW.
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2022, 05:30:00 PM »
Can happen anywhere
https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/6-stabbed-1-dead-in-attack-on-las-vegas-strip/

Las Vegas police are investigating a stabbing attack on the Las Vegas Strip that left two people dead and six injured on Thursday. Police said the suspect used a large kitchen knife and was taken into custody.
Deeds Not Words

aieahound

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2022, 11:00:34 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-had-never-fired-gun-194601375.html

McAllister was stunned to find a man attempting to steal some of her items —including her dog. It was at that moment that she took matters into her own hands.

The 29-year-old yelled for the intruder to get out, but he was unphased. Fortunately, within her reach was the gun she kept stored. And although she had never used it before, she put her nervousness aside and grabbed it.

“All I did was turn around and grab the gun,” McAllister told WRAL. “I was fumbling with it. It’s my first time using it.”

McAllister added that she lifted the safety and did what she had to do.

“I just lifted it up, and I started shooting at him, wherever he was moving to, I just shot him out of the house,” she said.

When the police arrived to the scene, they found the thief, who has been identified as 20-year-old Malihk Giles, only about 200 yards from McAllister’s home with two gunshot wounds, one on his right lower leg and the other on his right side.

“ I know a lot of women are scared of guns,” says McAllister. “I feel those are the best protectors for us because we can’t fight a man. We can’t fight an intruder off.”

Although she’s still shaken up and it’s difficult for her to be alone at the moment, McAllister feels “stronger” now and ready for any other attempt at a home invasion in the future.

ren

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2022, 11:11:36 AM »

McAllister was stunned to find a man attempting to steal some of her items —including her dog. It was at that moment that she took matters into her own hands.

The 29-year-old yelled for the intruder to get out, but he was unphased. Fortunately, within her reach was the gun she kept stored. And although she had never used it before, she put her nervousness aside and grabbed it.

“All I did was turn around and grab the gun,” McAllister told WRAL. “I was fumbling with it. It’s my first time using it.”

“I just lifted it up, and I started shooting at him, wherever he was moving to, I just shot him out of the house,” she said.

When the police arrived to the scene, they found the thief, who has been identified as 20-year-old Malihk Giles, only about 200 yards from McAllister’s home with two gunshot wounds, one on his right lower leg and the other on his right side.

“ I know a lot of women are scared of guns,” says McAllister. “I feel those are the best protectors for us because we can’t fight a man. We can’t fight an intruder off.”

Although she’s still shaken up and it’s difficult for her to be alone at the moment, McAllister feels “stronger” now and ready for any other attempt at a home invasion in the future.

Women should take heed of that advice
Deeds Not Words

groveler

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2022, 01:29:07 PM »
Women should take heed of that advice
My wife will do a double tap on an intruder,  put a third in the head
and then bitch about the mess.
Then we call the neighbor with the backhoe.
We know lots of discreet cleaning ladies.
Y'all just got to do it right.

punaperson

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2022, 01:32:27 PM »

Never fired a gun. Zero training. Stopped a criminal engaged in criminality. Hit a moving target twice. I don't wanna hear any bullsh*t about "proficiency testing". F*ck off.

changemyoil66

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2022, 01:39:21 PM »
Can happen anywhere
https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/6-stabbed-1-dead-in-attack-on-las-vegas-strip/

Las Vegas police are investigating a stabbing attack on the Las Vegas Strip that left two people dead and six injured on Thursday. Police said the suspect used a large kitchen knife and was taken into custody.
Why we both ccw in vegas

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2022, 01:54:16 PM »
My wife will do a double tap on an intruder,  put a third in the head
and then bitch about the mess.
Then we call the neighbor with the backhoe.
We know lots of discreet cleaning ladies.
Y'all just got to do it right.

step away from Borderlands
Deeds Not Words

groveler

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2022, 03:07:13 PM »
step away from Borderlands
Hey Ren,
Not sure what that means?
My point is do not depend on the government,
for local crime issues.
We are on our own.
 :thumbsup:

ren

Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2022, 05:38:21 PM »
Can happen anywhere

Also an illegal alien and came from CA 1 day prior .

oldfart

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2022, 08:09:05 AM »
Also an illegal alien and came from CA 1 day prior .

================
I had dinner with my son last night.
He recently moved his family to Vegas.
He said that since most businesses on the strip prohibit firearms, no law-abiding citizen is likely to have a firearm in that area.
His ccw application is pending.
What, Me Worry?