H&K P30L and HKparts.net (Read 1315 times)

stangzilla

H&K P30L and HKparts.net
« on: September 12, 2022, 07:21:09 AM »
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30l/

https://hkparts.net/product/rail-mount-compensator-hk-p30l-p19067.htm/ 
HKparts was a great online site to buy from.  it shipped out in 2 days after ordering, and then arrived in another 3 days via priority USPS mail. 

there are many configurations that you can get with the P30L,  mine is the P30LS specifically. it comes with ambi safety and ambi slide release, DA/SA trigger, night sights, manual safety, decocker
have not shot this yet, but I did install the rail mounted compensator
I can feel that just the weight on the end of the barrel will help with muzzle rise, maybe the comp cuts will help too
now its a heavy gun, but I'm not intending to carry it
got it bc I wanted a full size 9mm bc I other than this, I don't have one
I have a couple other HK pistols and I like them a lot, so I figure the P30 can't be too far off
will update once I actually shoot this   :shaka:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:46:54 AM by stangzilla »

changemyoil66

Re: H&K P30L and HKparts.net
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
I've tried this comp on a VP9 and could not tell the diff. I also tried the VP9 long slide and could not tell the diff in recoil. Unsure about accuracy as it was on the plinking side (50yards).

But tacticool factor is 1000X.

I'm curious to see if there is any big diff on the P30.

stangzilla

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 04:25:23 PM »
I've tried this comp on a VP9 and could not tell the diff. I also tried the VP9 long slide and could not tell the diff in recoil. Unsure about accuracy as it was on the plinking side (50yards).

But tacticool factor is 1000X.

I'm curious to see if there is any big diff on the P30.

me too .  interested to see if any difference
but if just tacticool, that's good too!  :shaka:

but there are different types of compensators.  ones that are just weighted front end attachments and ones that have the compensator vents

I also have a muzzle brake on my 22LR bolt action rifle.  not sure it does anything functional, but looks cool   :shaka:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 04:32:57 PM by stangzilla »

ren

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 05:34:30 PM »

Deeds Not Words

Bota-CS1

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 07:37:40 PM »
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30l/

https://hkparts.net/product/rail-mount-compensator-hk-p30l-p19067.htm/ 
HKparts was a great online site to buy from.  it shipped out in 2 days after ordering, and then arrived in another 3 days via priority USPS mail. 

there are many configurations that you can get with the P30L,  mine is the P30LS specifically. it comes with ambi safety and ambi slide release, DA/SA trigger, night sights, manual safety, decocker
have not shot this yet, but I did install the rail mounted compensator
I can feel that just the weight on the end of the barrel will help with muzzle rise, maybe the comp cuts will help too
now its a heavy gun, but I'm not intending to carry it
got it bc I wanted a full size 9mm bc I other than this, I don't have one
I have a couple other HK pistols and I like them a lot, so I figure the P30 can't be too far off
will update once I actually shoot this   :shaka:

Stang is going to change his name to John Zilla or Stang Wick now.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 07:52:13 AM »

:rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 12:41:30 PM »
Stang Croft, or Lara Zilla  ;D

drck1000

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 12:47:01 PM »
me too .  interested to see if any difference
but if just tacticool, that's good too!  :shaka:

but there are different types of compensators.  ones that are just weighted front end attachments and ones that have the compensator vents

I also have a muzzle brake on my 22LR bolt action rifle.  not sure it does anything functional, but looks cool   :shaka:
Let us know how that comp works for you.  A couple of folks that I shoot with here and there have HKs with comps.  I think P30 and maybe Expert.  Anyways, they seem to have issues.  Not sure if it's the comp because onf of the folks with the comps does all sorts of mods, so tough to isolate to any one item. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 02:14:02 PM »
Let us know how that comp works for you.  A couple of folks that I shoot with here and there have HKs with comps.  I think P30 and maybe Expert.  Anyways, they seem to have issues.  Not sure if it's the comp because onf of the folks with the comps does all sorts of mods, so tough to isolate to any one item.

What would cause an issue for a bolt on (to the light rail) comp that the top is wide open?  I'm leaning toward the other mods they made.

The more I look at this comp, the more cooler it looks.

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 02:33:03 PM »
What would cause an issue for a bolt on (to the light rail) comp that the top is wide open?  I'm leaning toward the other mods they made.

Go try and find out. . . Cool story bro. . .

I've read reports of Glock 22 (maybe 23) malfunctioning with addition of a WML.  I never witnessed it, nor do I own a Glock in fotay.  I am thinking what I saw was mostly stuff like action or striker spring related.  If a comp ever so slightly changes how much pressure on slide to barrel interface, I think it could lead to malfunctions. . .

stangzilla

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 12:27:29 PM »

from HKparts.net:   https://hkparts.net/product/rail-mount-compensator-hk-p30l-p19067.htm/
HK P30L 9mm (recommended by the manufacturer to use 124+ grain ammunition), and HK P30L .40 cal (180+ grain ammunition recommended)

maybe bullet weight has something to do with the malfunctions

at first I didn't want to put the comp on the gun bc I thought it wasn't necessary.  but after looking at a bunch of videos with the comp, it grew on me and I had to have it.

stangzilla

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 09:46:00 AM »
Shot the P30L for first time last week
With the comp I got a stove pipe on every round with 124 grain blazer ammo
Took off the comp and still got stove pipes almost once every mag on the last round
I cleaned it and lubed with dry lube in September, and it looked very dry when I field stripped it after the recent shoot
So I gave it a good cleaning and lube the slide with some go juice, ALG defense thin grease, great stuff
Also racked the slide 300 times at home and will lock back the slide overnight before I test it again this week
Will update after. Hopefully just needed some breaking in