KHSC closed starting today 9-16-22 (Read 24178 times)

zippz

KHSC closed starting today 9-16-22
« on: September 16, 2022, 10:55:13 AM »
All ranges at KHSC are closed starting today due to staff shortage.  Range will remain closed until renovations are completed likely sometime in November.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 08:04:25 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

Re: KHSC closed starting today 9-16-22
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 11:06:53 AM »
Deeds Not Words

WTF?Shane

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 11:20:50 AM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
Theres a match this weekend with 200 participants. And Bows N. Bullets on Sunday.

stangzilla

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 11:34:30 AM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 11:35:59 AM »
dam!
its not october yet

I just bought a crap load of 22 ammo too

Desk pops

ren

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 11:44:59 AM »
must have been the lead testing
Deeds Not Words

M450N91

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 12:17:58 PM »
Damn!

MrJones

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 01:17:27 PM »
Drove from the north shore got there at 12:15. Range closed. You think they could have told us ahead of time. Wasted time and gas. Typical lame state of hawaii bs.

Jones out.

zippz

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 02:15:42 PM »
Wonder if this is due to more lead poisoning cases by the RSOs?  Mike the rangemaster is still out.  It takes months or years for lead to clear out of someones system.  Along with the county's slow hiring practices, this could be an ongoing problem.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

hvybarrels

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 02:22:05 PM »
Looks like I’ll be spending more time with Uncle Benjamin and Princess Diana
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2022, 02:27:05 PM »
Wonder if this is due to more lead poisoning cases by the RSOs?  Mike the rangemaster is still out.  It takes months or years for lead to clear out of someones system.  Along with the county's slow hiring practices, this could be an ongoing problem.

From what I have heard the City did test the employees but had a lower threshold than national standards so some employees may have been out of range duties.
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 03:14:03 PM »
I'm a hopeless conspiracy theorist and it's kicking in big time.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2022, 03:23:31 PM »
I'm a hopeless conspiracy theorist and it's kicking in big time.

there is that one person who Ed Masaki called out and is a Youtube star. He is no longer on the HK neighborhood board but he had a disdain for the range. He would sit in his car all day waiting for that one negative photo op of a shooter shouldering their rifle and accuse us of purposely shooting at the sky. If you like shooting at Kokohead go ahead and get in those comments.
With all the corruption going on here who knows?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 03:28:38 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

mrgaf

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2022, 04:05:37 PM »
Drove from the north shore got there at 12:15. Range closed. You think they could have told us ahead of time. Wasted time and gas. Typical lame state of hawaii bs.

Jones out.

Yup this place is a fucking third world wack job.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

robtmc

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2022, 04:27:51 AM »
there is that one person who Ed Masaki called out and is a Youtube star. He is no longer on the HK neighborhood board but he had a disdain for the range. He would sit in his car all day waiting for that one negative photo op of a shooter shouldering their rifle and accuse us of purposely shooting at the sky. If you like shooting at Kokohead go ahead and get in those comments.
With all the corruption going on here who knows?
That Knudsen orifice?  The magic bullet guy?

He was heavily involved in the effort to stop the BI range from being built, go figure.

RSN172

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2022, 07:15:36 AM »
I have my own range. Shoot when I like and how I like.  Neighbors do the same.

One of the few advantages of living in a remote area on the BI.

randay

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2022, 07:43:03 AM »
If its from lead poisoning I have no complaints and neither should any of you. Lead poisoning is serious stuff. If all the RSOs are being exposed to lead just doing their job at the range then we have a much bigger problem than ricochets.

zippz

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2022, 08:01:44 AM »
Hi guys & gals,

I’m sure you’ve heard by now that the Koko Head Shooting Complex will be closed from 9/16/22 (Friday) until completion of the backstop restoration project.  All shooting ranges & the archery range will be closed.  All law enforcement training has been suspended as well.   
I did not see this closure coming, caught me completely by surprise.  The official statement is staff shortage, and that’s about all I can tell you, as AdMin is sticking to the statement.  Not being hands on at the Range, I need to rely on info that is passed down to me.

The official press release is attached.

I’m still at Hanauma Bay due to my elevated lead blood levels.  Having fun herding the tourists into the Bay!
So different from being at the Range. 
In hindsight it might have been a blessing in disguise.  Murvyn will be temporarily transferred to Kapiolani Park. 
Think he’ll be a “park ranger”, patrolling the park.  So if you see him there make sure to say Hi!

If there is any new information, I’ll be sure to pass it along. 

Aloha,

Mike Muramoto

groveler

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2022, 10:04:23 AM »
I have my own range. Shoot when I like and how I like.  Neighbors do the same.

One of the few advantages of living in a remote area on the BI.
I can also, but I end up with a house full of dogs, and I won't see my
cattle, donkey, and horse for a week.
But I will say full auto fire across the gulch from me sounds like "victory".
Cowboys having fun.
 :popcorn: