Who's ready for the AWB (Assault Weapons Ban 2021 HR 1808) (Read 5755 times)

Bota-CS1

Re: Who's ready for the AWB (Assault Weapons Ban 2021 HR 1808)
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2022, 12:48:43 PM »
213-217

Senate will take it up next.  With 15 Republican senators having voted with the Dems on the last gun control bill, expect a very hard fight to keep this from getting passed.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

changemyoil66

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2022, 12:53:48 PM »
And we know Biden will sign this automatically.

rpoL98

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2022, 01:25:29 PM »
will this start panic buying of AR's?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2022, 01:52:32 PM »
Wonder if it's worth it to e-mail Mazie the Bozo or Brian Shitz and ask them to consider voting no to this bill.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2022, 02:04:50 PM »
will this start panic buying of AR's?

Any ban that includes grandfathering will cause a spike in transfers as people try to scoop up rifles to qualify for that exclusion.

There's usually a short window between the bill being passed and the President signing it into law.  There should also be a specific date the grandfathering covers giving time for current owners to register weapons as "grandfathered."  Without registration, there's no way to know if a privately-sold or -transferred gun was acquired pre-ban or not. 

In either case, any spike will be short-lived.  Once the deadline to register grandfathered weapons passes, the publicly advertised demand for ARs will drop to nothing in favor of the not-so-legal black market demand.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2022, 04:51:47 PM »
I will never comply.

They want to kick off a war, let them go for it. 
Arizona is a sanctuary state.
One flight away from being untouchable.

hvybarrels

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2022, 08:53:37 PM »
Poor congress critters. They spent so much time pretending to be victims of the fake insurrection that they forgot how scary the real thing is.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Bota-CS1

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2022, 09:22:12 PM »
They will come for everything eventually, just like they did in California.  Frist they said, you could keep your grandfathered items.  Then, they used the excuse that you didn't need those items at all so now you needed to register them or turn them in.  This includes their famous magazine ban.  It's not hard to see that this is the first step.  Bruen will not stop this - another legal battle up to SCOTUS will be required and as you all know, that will take years.  In that time, they'll legislate everything out of existence.  There are provisions to have manufacturers microstamp their products so they can tell what was produced before and after the ban.  Don't believe me?  Would you believe a pro-2a attorney?

Our own reps won't listen to us, so I'm going to write those that may listen and whose support is critical in killing this bill.

(Here's the list of the 15 Republican Senators that voted FOR the last gun control bill)

Senator Mitch McConnell
Senator Roy Blunt
Senator Richard Burr
Senator Shelley Capito
Senator Bill Cassidy
Senator Susan Collins
Senator John Cornyn
Senator Joni Ernst
Senator Lindsay Graham
Senator Lisa Murkowski
Senator Rob Portman
Senator Mitt Romney
Senator Thom Tillis
Senator Pat Toomey
Senator Todd Young

Subject: HR1808 Crossover

Dear Senator,

I am writing as a concerned citizen residing outside of your area.  I feel the matter important enough to reach out to you despite the fact you are not my direct representative.  I have tried to get my own senators to listen to no avail on the matter.  I am pleading with you to not let the rest of the country succumb to the evil that walks our streets with impunity and to preserve our Constitutionally protected 2nd Amendment right.  I humbly ask that you not support HR 1808 when it arrives in the Senate.  The Left continues to believe the falsehood that bans are panacea, you and I know they are not.  Bans will only empower criminals to prey on the law abiding.  As we saw in Illinois the other week, it takes bravery, courage, and the right tools to fight evil.  Do not let the Democrats take away the tools we would use to protect our families and the preservation of life.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

robtmc

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2022, 06:54:23 AM »
They will come for everything eventually, just like they did in California.  First they said, you could keep your grandfathered items.  Then, they used the excuse that you didn't need those items at all so now you needed to register them or turn them in.  This includes their famous magazine ban.
Never forget that those laws produced nothing more than non-compliance, much the same as NY encountered with it's attempt to outlaw everything.

The idiots that did comply were fools.  The state said they would not share that info with local police, but I know for a fact that local dispatchers all had "registered" owners pop up on their computers if that person's name was run for anything.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2022, 09:00:06 AM »
Never forget that those laws produced nothing more than non-compliance, much the same as NY encountered with it's attempt to outlaw everything.

The idiots that did comply were fools.  The state said they would not share that info with local police, but I know for a fact that local dispatchers all had "registered" owners pop up on their computers if that person's name was run for anything.

Yeah, I'm still a little suspicious of that "national firearm registry" that doesn't exist.

In NC, my sister was being a b**ch and called the cops because we were having an argument over her spending our mother's money.   :wacko:

One of the 2 Cops that arrived asked me, "Where do you have your firearm?" 

I asked point blank, "How would you know if I own firearms?"

He stammered a little and said, "Well, maybe your sister said you own guns when she called."

Seemed rather fishy then, and it's not gotten any better over the years.  Somehow he KNEW I owned guns.  They were all in Hawaii, so there's no reason my sister would have told the Cops I have a gun.  Of course, she's bi-polar, so there's no telling what she told the dispatcher.

That incident proved to me that there's information about firearms owners being shared among state policing agencies.  It would not surprise me to learn that Hawaii makes our registration info available to LE nationwide.  Once a government agency gets your info, they act like they own it.
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2022, 09:09:07 AM »

I'm sure this is no longer true, but one of the game wardens I knew( I worked with his brother) told me the registered guns were listed on a Rolodex and the lady that maintained the "file"
did not work weekends.  The only time you can hunt on public lands on the BI,  is on weekends.
It sounded so "Hawaiian" I believed that to be true.  Probably still is.
 :shaka:

groveler

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2022, 09:23:47 AM »
Yeah, I'm still a little suspicious of that "national firearm registry" that doesn't exist.

In NC, my sister was being a b**ch and called the cops because we were having an argument over her spending our mother's money.   :wacko:

One of the 2 Cops that arrived asked me, "Where do you have your firearm?" 

I asked point blank, "How would you know if I own firearms?"

He stammered a little and said, "Well, maybe your sister said you own guns when she called."

Seemed rather fishy then, and it's not gotten any better over the years.  Somehow he KNEW I owned guns.  They were all in Hawaii, so there's no reason my sister would have told the Cops I have a gun.  Of course, she's bi-polar, so there's no telling what she told the dispatcher.

That incident proved to me that there's information about firearms owners being shared among state policing agencies.  It would not surprise me to learn that Hawaii makes our registration info available to LE nationwide.  Once a government agency gets your info, they act like they own it.
My sister carries a 357 Magnum in her purse and her husband is retired USMC,  he was among other things
a firearms instructor.  I try not to argue with my sister very much.
 :wave:

Rhed

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2022, 10:32:51 AM »

Bota-CS1

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2022, 04:10:28 PM »
HR 1808 was sent to the Senate Judiciary committee today.

Rhed

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2022, 11:16:00 AM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2022, 02:53:45 PM »
Joe let it slip -- he admitted in a rally that "assault weapons" are used "to defend America, to defend people."

From Twitter (go watch the video):
Biden: "What in God's name do you need an assault weapon for? It's an assault
weapon designed to kill people, to defend America, to defend people."
https://tinyurl.com/ysz97dpa

This is the textbook definition of "cognitive dissonance" ... the "holding of two opposing ideas in your mind at the same time."

"During cognitive dissonance it is common for people to experience mental stress or
discomfort as they process new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas,
or values. "

Joe knows what he's saying, but he's too far gone -- after lying for 50 years in politics and his obvious mental decline -- to recognize his own hypocrisy.

He sure was excited about killing Bin Laden.  I guess using a weapon to "kill people" isn't always a bad thing.
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2022, 03:05:39 PM »
I believe joe biden will say anything that will end up lining his pockets.

He's been bullsh*tting for decades.  I bet he owns AR-15's and Glocks with 15,17,and 30 rd. mags.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.