Why do you need more than 10 rounds? (Read 2628 times)

drck1000

Re: Why do you need more than 10 rounds?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2022, 08:51:35 AM »
Sounds like she's gonna run for office. Uses her situation to push an agenda, even though it's reaching.
Reaching?  Not to make light of one's pain, but survivor of gun violence is more than a reach. 

QUIETShooter

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2022, 08:58:30 AM »
You see more of this on the news lately:  Crowds of people will simultaneously assault a business and do the smash and grab on a large scale.

High capacity magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds will definitely make the crowd behave like good civilized people and even send some on their merry way towards nirvana, wherever that sh*t may be.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 09:04:56 AM »

drck1000

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2022, 09:08:13 AM »
You see more of this on the news lately:  Crowds of people will simultaneously assault a business and do the smash and grab on a large scale.

High Standard capacity magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds will definitely make the crowd behave like good civilized people and even send some on their merry way towards nirvana, wherever that sh*t may be.
FIFY   8)

If a gun mfr intended 15, 17, 21, etc rounds, that's the standard and what we all should have access to. 

stangzilla

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2022, 09:10:20 AM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 02:12:11 PM »
Sounds like she's gonna run for office. Uses her situation to push an agenda, even though it's reaching.

Sounds like she blames the daughter's military spouse for not locking the gun away so the daughter couldn't access it.

Also, how common is it for someone who commits suicide with a gun to aim at the back of the head?  Usually it's in the mouth or to the temple on the side in which they would hold the gun.  Even if you turn your head, guaranteeing you have a sure and lethal aim point will be harder.  If not having an open casket is a consideration, a round to the chest/heart is also popular.

What wasn't divulged is whether her daughter had a history of depression, mental illness, or suicide attempts.  If so, and the spouse knew, then a case can be made for keeping the gun "safely stored and locked away."  However, to assume an unlocked and loaded gun was the CAUSE of the suicide, not her daughter's state of mind, is just pure rationalization.

It's been ruled in court that laws requiring guns to be locked away are unconstitutional.  Some states bypassed that by placing the welfare of minors (living or routinely visiting there) above 2A rights.  With the new viewpoint via Bruen, that "safety first" justification will likely be challenged again.

If these people were really about safety, they would push for firearms training in public schools.  Kids who are educated are usually safer and less likely to "play" with guns once they are exposed to them on a range.  They are also more able to protect themselves at home should an emergency situation arise,

Adam Lanza's mother was unavailable for comment.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 02:44:23 PM »
Why do govt and local LE can have more than 10 round magazines?
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2022, 02:56:54 PM »
Had a German friend ask me why I own guns

I said “cause this is America”

He didn’t understand and moved back to Germany

Now his tiny town is overrun by young fighting age North African males and everyone is too afraid to come out at night because of all the rapes and violence
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

QUIETShooter

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2022, 03:20:16 PM »
Politicians no need worry about getting raped, killed, mugged, or assaulted.  They have their security detail to protect them and their loved ones.  And their security detail has more than 10 rd mags, lol!!

That's why they can talk sh*t about gun control and all the BS that comes with it.

Now his tiny town is overrun by young fighting age North African males and everyone is too afraid to come out at night because of all the rapes and violence

Germany and other European countries probably embraced the open borders ideology. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2022, 04:13:06 PM »

Those pesky "no-go" zones.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2022, 04:34:36 PM »

I had Australians ask similar.  They were so proud how guns were banned years ago.  I asked them about violent crime stats.  They looked it up and showed steadily on the rise since the ban. . .  :-X

stangzilla

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »

aieahound

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2022, 08:36:18 PM »

ren

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2022, 08:43:57 PM »

that lady...reminds me of someone in the military...someone else here may know who I'm talking about...

anyways this "gun violence" moniker is so illogical. We need to push back on this stupid sensationalist term.

violence, an act of physical force that causes or is intended to cause harm. The damage inflicted by violence may be physical, psychological, or both. Violence may be distinguished from aggression, a more general type of hostile behaviour that may be physical, verbal, or passive in nature.

since when can an inanimate object have any behavior.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2022, 12:16:33 PM »
[snip]

since when can an inanimate object have any behavior.

We see that from Joe Biden all the time...    :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »
We see that from Joe Biden all the time...    :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
Meat puppet for Øbowel.

robtmc

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2022, 12:57:03 PM »
Why do govt and local LE can have more than 10 round magazines?
Or AR-15 / M-16s?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2022, 07:54:44 AM »
Why? 

Because when the SHTF, no one will come. 

Rocky

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2022, 09:32:48 AM »
Her daughter committed suicide.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Suicide as tragic as it may be is a crime.
Mom raised a criminal.
I do not take advice from those who associate with criminals.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt