Maunakea TMT Protests (Read 171565 times)

Kuleana

Re: Maunakea TMT Protests
« Reply #980 on: September 19, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »
I'm in then.  Though, I am not sure I can produce the proper documentation to adjudicate. . . I'll be undocumented then. . .

Seriously though.  I believe my grandparents on one side and great-grandparents on the other side all had legal status in Hawaii prior to 1898.  I may even have birth certificates, or whatever it was called back then.

If this is true, you, your legal wife, and children all have rights to claim legal citizenship when the political authority of Hawaii is restored from the US, should you choose too.

Kuleana

« Reply #981 on: September 19, 2019, 04:12:24 PM »
I identify as Hawaiian -- if and when the US takes action that grants land or other forms of reparations to Hawaiians.

YOU don't have the right to tell ME who I must identify as.   O0

You can identify yourself as anything you want, but your ancestors must show they had legal status in Hawaii prior to 1898, if you wish to be considered a Hawaiian national.   :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #982 on: September 19, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »
If this is true, you, your legal wife, and children all have rights to claim legal citizenship when the political authority of Hawaii is restored from the US, should you choose too.
Dammit.  Gonna have some 'splainin' to do. . .  ;D

Just kidding

Serious recommendation.  Take a step back and breathe.  Getting this worked up about this isn't healthy.  Anyways, have a good weekend!   :shaka:  :thumbsup:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #983 on: September 19, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »
You can identify yourself as anything you want, but your ancestors must show they had legal status in Hawaii prior to 1898, if you wish to be considered a Hawaiian national.   :shaka:

Nope.  You have to accommodate my identity, similar to calling a transgender by their preferred pronouns.  To do otherwise is a hate crime.   :shake:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #984 on: September 19, 2019, 06:00:22 PM »
Nope.  You have to accommodate my identity, similar to calling a transgender by their preferred pronouns.  To do otherwise is a hate crime.   :shake:
So you’re saying he has to recognize you as transgender?  ???   :shake:

:rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #985 on: September 19, 2019, 06:01:43 PM »
So you’re saying he has to recognize you as transgender  Hawaiian National???   :shake:

:rofl:

Fixed.
-- Melvin Udall

Kuleana

« Reply #986 on: September 19, 2019, 06:54:25 PM »
Dammit.  Gonna have some 'splainin' to do. . .  ;D

Just kidding

Serious recommendation.  Take a step back and breathe.  Getting this worked up about this isn't healthy.  Anyways, have a good weekend!   :shaka:  :thumbsup:

Much Mahalo.

I actually do like engaging in discourse about this topic.  There are TOO MANY wannabe Kamehameha the Great, hate everybody except Kanakas, religious fanatics, 24 hrs. olelo / oli reciting, tattooed till you're blue, looking for money-only (OHA) Hawaiians sharing their legally incorrect views on this issue and only creating enemies, instead of sharing the truth based on laws that can be verified by anyone.

My sharing of the nation status of Hawaii from a legal perspective was to help clear up the damage from those misguided Hawaiians.  I know my interpretation of the laws are unsettling to many, but at least everyone can double check the applicable laws for themselves.

Have a great weekend Hawaiian national!   :shaka:

Wow, I must be anti-Hawaiian for saying those things above.    :shake:

aieahound

« Reply #987 on: September 20, 2019, 12:02:38 AM »
Funny No?

So many guys willing to dispute Hawaiian Sovereignty and argue the Second Amendment but won’t refer to the Constitution in their dispute of Sovereignty.

Still a pipe dream though.
Pro-TMT. Get the protesters off the hill and let them protest at the capital.

Kuleana

« Reply #988 on: September 20, 2019, 07:21:05 AM »
Funny No?

So many guys willing to dispute Hawaiian Sovereignty and argue the Second Amendment but won’t refer to the Constitution in their dispute of Sovereignty.

That's actually what is concerning with some 2nd Amendment supporters.  There are some of them who think the "Right to Bear Arms" is the US Constitution and the Bill or Rights altogether.  Moreover, those same people can recite the 2nd Amendment verbatim, but are at a loss of naming at least five of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights.

In fact, I would offer that the argument that the annexation of Hawaii by the US in 1898 was illegal; is less ambiguous than the peoples right to own guns inferred by the exact verbiage in the 2nd Amendment.

Rocky

« Reply #989 on: September 20, 2019, 07:36:31 AM »
That's actually what is concerning with some 2nd Amendment supporters.  There are some of them who think the "Right to Bear Arms" is the US Constitution and the Bill or Rights altogether.  Moreover, those same people can recite the 2nd Amendment verbatim, but are at a loss of naming at least five of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights.

In fact, I would offer that the argument that the annexation of Hawaii by the US in 1898 was illegal; is less ambiguous than the peoples right to own guns inferred by the exact verbiage in the 2nd Amendment.
:popcorn:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

RSN172

« Reply #990 on: September 20, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »

Still a pipe dream though.
Pro-TMT. Get the protesters off the hill and let them protest at the capital.
Good idea.  I like see them park along King St even during tow away hours with the upside down flags and 1000 people on the sidewalk.  I want to know if HPD will enforce parking regulations despite the large crowd and if Oahu tow companies get more balls than the BI ones.  The BI tow companies all said they not going tow from Mauna Kea.  They afraid the peaceful non violent protesters will vandalize their vehicles later.

groveler

« Reply #991 on: September 20, 2019, 02:38:57 PM »
Good idea.  I like see them park along King St even during tow away hours with the upside down flags and 1000 people on the sidewalk.  I want to know if HPD will enforce parking regulations despite the large crowd and if Oahu tow companies get more balls than the BI ones.  The BI tow companies all said they not going tow from Mauna Kea.  They afraid the peaceful non violent protesters will vandalize their vehicles later.
I'm on the big Island and I know how things work here.
The cops won't enforce many laws
because we know where they live.
Tow trucks same thing.
You big city Honolulu guys don't
have a clue.
You pass stupid laws,
we will just ignore them.
as do most other outer islands.
Don't ask a cop to arrest his "Auntie"
or Hanai "uncle".

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #992 on: September 20, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »

That is so inaccurate, it's scary.

The first 10 amendments to the Constitution are called "The Bill of Rights"  and protect (not grant) the rights of the people -- rights which exist WITH OR WITHOUT a Constitution.  They are intended to limit the power of the government to prevent violation of those rights.

There is no NATURAL RIGHT to sovereignty when the leaders of those annexed agreed to it.  You're arguing about the technicalities and legalities involved.  That's outside of any rights that the INDIVIDUAL enjoys -- i.e. the bill of Rights.

The US can (and has) killed foreign soldiers without holding a trial (no due process in accordance with Constitutional law).  Why?  Because a nation does not have natural rights.  Nations are man-made entities that represent the individuals.  However, a nation which is sovereign is not under the jurisdiction of the Constitution.  It is up to the foreign nation to protect THEIR citizen's rights, not up to the US. 

You're wanting to pretend the Constitution protected a sovereign nation's rights?  Doesn't work that way. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 03:00:14 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #993 on: September 20, 2019, 02:54:02 PM »
this is about TMT stay on topic.
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #994 on: September 20, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »
Don't know why they even bothered to appear at a U.S. court when they don't recognize the illegal US occupation.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/09/21/kupuna-who-were-arrested-tmt-protest-july-plead-not-guilty-obstruction/
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #995 on: September 20, 2019, 03:02:04 PM »
I'm on the big Island and I know how things work here.

So am I.  Happy resident of Puna, where the law fears to thread alone.  Always 2 or more.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #996 on: September 20, 2019, 03:05:11 PM »
this is about TMT stay on topic.

Sorry.  Too easy to get sucked into the "Kuleana Sovereignty Circus."   :wave:   :popcorn:

#NoWaycist
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #997 on: September 20, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »
Sorry.  Too easy to get sucked into the "Kuleana Sovereignty Circus."   :wave:   :popcorn:

#NoWaycist

eh.

but since I've grown up here that video captures the basic premise of Hawaiian sovereignty. "Visit. Go home, no stay"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:42:40 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #998 on: September 21, 2019, 01:39:25 PM »
Caravan was going along Ala Moana Blvd maybe 45 mins ago.

ren

Deeds Not Words