What would you do if you were the richest in the world? (Read 3177 times)

changemyoil66

What would you do if you were the richest in the world?
« on: December 13, 2023, 08:05:27 AM »
This is meant to be a fun topic. So no "I'll buy a house" or "buy a Ferrari" stuff, BORING.  I got this idea after watching an interveiw with Dan Bilzarian. Basically he said he's worth $350mill and got bored. He would buy a Ferrari and get bored after 24 hours. He then turned to drugs, but 1 pill then turned into 2 pills, then into 3 and so on. So now he just enjoys hanging with his friends at his house. So I thought, maybe he should spend his money on other stuff, like even helping people.

I'll start.

I would book various theme parks for my friends and family and close it down for the day.  Offer them cash double or triple what they make in 1 day for revenue.  And the parks have to be fully staffed, so food places and stuff all operational like normal.

I would approach random people and give them like $100K or more cash depending on their situation.  Like at a Target and see a mom of 3 shopping for stuff. Start a convo that leads to how she's paying the bills and if she's doing OK. 

Go to a jewlrey store and see whos shopping for an engagement ring. After chatting, and if they're cool and can't afford much, buy what ever they want. Maybe even pay for the wedding.  But gotta talk to the other half first to see if they're cool too.

Go to a childrens hospital and payoff balances.

My fav food places, ask the owner how much loans they got and pay them off.

The next big film like Twilight, book the entire theater so no one can watch the opening day screening.

When the next douchey clothing line emerges, like Ed Hardy.  Buy the clothes and give them to homeless people in popular areas. Thus devaluing the clothing.

Some celebs do the above, which is how I got some of the ideas.  Shaq did the engagement ring thing and so did Paul Walker.  Mr. Beast does the random cash thing. 

macsak

Re: What would you do if you were the richest in the world?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 08:08:06 AM »
buy my first gun and ammo...

This is meant to be a fun topic. So no "I'll buy a house" or "buy a Ferrari" stuff, BORING.  I got this idea after watching an interveiw with Dan Bilzarian. Basically he said he's worth $350mill and got bored. He would buy a Ferrari and get bored after 24 hours. He then turned to drugs, but 1 pill then turned into 2 pills, then into 3 and so on. So now he just enjoys hanging with his friends at his house. So I thought, maybe he should spend his money on other stuff, like even helping people.

I'll start.

I would book various theme parks for my friends and family and close it down for the day.  Offer them cash double or triple what they make in 1 day for revenue.  And the parks have to be fully staffed, so food places and stuff all operational like normal.

I would approach random people and give them like $100K or more cash depending on their situation.  Like at a Target and see a mom of 3 shopping for stuff. Start a convo that leads to how she's paying the bills and if she's doing OK. 

Go to a jewlrey store and see whos shopping for an engagement ring. After chatting, and if they're cool and can't afford much, buy what ever they want. Maybe even pay for the wedding.  But gotta talk to the other half first to see if they're cool too.

The next big film like Twilight, book the entire theater so no one can watch the opening day screening.

When the next douchey clothing line emerges, like Ed Hardy.  Buy the clothes and give them to homeless people in popular areas. Thus devaluing the clothing.

Some celebs do the above, which is how I got some of the ideas.  Shaq did the engagement ring thing and so did Paul Walker.  Mr. Beast does the random cash thing.

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 08:32:21 AM »
buy my first gun and ammo...

what about coms, reloading equipment, preps, body armor?  You're the richest in the world, so you got the money for said items.

macsak

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 08:39:27 AM »
i'd equip myself and all my friends
but i also have no friends...

what about coms, reloading equipment, preps, body armor?  You're the richest in the world, so you got the money for said items.

stangzilla

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 10:03:41 AM »
I would buy Lanai
make it have hunting areas, and a huge all purpose shooting range.  long range, short range, pistol, rifle, shotgun
first thing is I would invite all my 2AHawaii comrades over for a huge BBQ and bring your BBQ guns, open carry
the whole island is ccw or open carry, no permit required  :shaka:

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 10:09:19 AM »
2nd thing I would do is buy Tantalus and make it into a Pike's Peak-like race track, but paved with guard rails, and weekends we race!!! :geekdanc:

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 10:09:31 AM »
I would buy Lanai
make it have hunting areas, and a huge all purpose shooting range.  long range, short range, pistol, rifle, shotgun
first thing is I would invite all my 2AHawaii comrades over for a huge BBQ and bring your BBQ guns, open carry

Would you not provide free shuttle 24/7 to Lanai for said comrades?

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 10:14:44 AM »
I would also have a 24/7 chef on call to make me what ever I want.  Including food at places I like to go to.  Pay them for their recipe. If they say no, then keep increasing the amount. Like Rainbow Drive Inn BBQ beef, I'll give you $10K for the recipe. No, Ok how's $50K, $100K, etc...And I won't sell it, but for personal use and explain my situation.

Said chef would obviously live on site in a separate home on my property.  And have more than 1 so they can have their days off.  It would be a lot of down time, so buying every ingredient needed to make my list of food dishes will have to be upkept.  And before they expire, buy new stuff to replace and donate to food bank the rest.

Sometimes I want food, but don't want to go to leave the house. And to send a driver, some food might get soggy on the way home.

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »
I would buy Lanai
=============
I would buy Maui back from Oompah Windy.
Especially my grandparent's properties and houses.
I would also do like Stang says and have my friends come over to my own shooting range for a BBQ.
Furthermore, I would open up my shooting range to the people of Maui for free, especially kids.
I would have good instructors and have fun shooting contests and activities for kids to foster their interest in the hobby.
In this way, the next generation will remember that old fart guy and my legacy will continue beyond my lifetime.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 10:58:11 AM »
I'd start a Youtube channel called Hickok45's Neighbors.

As you might guess, i would have to buy the property adjacent to his.  I'd pay experts to design and build a state-of-the-art gun range like none other.  It would have DisneyLand-style "Lands" -- Rimfire Land, Revolver Land, Pistol Land, Assault Weapon (or AR) Land, Hunting Land, Sniper Land, Cowboy Land, etc.

Each area would be a place designed for enthusiasts for each style of firearm and shooting, where people with similar shooting interests can shoot for fun, compete and try new toys.  There would be a snack bar and a lounge where patrons can enjoy each others' company and talk about whatever.

Basically, it's a gun club, but with more capacity and facilities than any in the country (world?).  There would be expert trainers, tactical "rooms", laser tag for the kids and adults, gunsmith classes and services, etc, etc, etc.

The idea is to piggyback on Hickok45's name recognition to attract shooters.  Of course, he'd be invited to give lectures, story telling times, instructional classes, and so on.

Use of the place would be free of charge, but there would be a foundation to solicit donations from the public to keep it running perpetually.

There would be armed security -- uniformed guards and plain clothes safety officers -- keeping watch to make sure everyone is safe.  If a nut job shows up with bad intentions, I'd want him stopped before his trigger resets for a second shot. All security would be wearing state-of-the-art soft body armor and armed with 9mm's and Tasers -- Tasers for crowded areas.  All security would work in teams of 2 or more.

The place would advance the education and training for the public re: 2A rights, firearms and self defense.  It would provide an experience like no other place.  It would create many, many jobs for people who enjoy shooting and helping others enjoy it, too.  It would have its own factories for producing ammo for the range's use and for sale to visitors.  There would be pro shops to help shooters pick out firearms and accessories with hands-on demonstrations and "test drives".  Small businesses and Vets would be given a place to market and demo their products.

I was serious about the DisneyLand-like model.  Secure parking, shuttles to/from your car, lots of staff to help you find what you're interested in, valets to help carry larger gun cases and stuff who can also watch your belongings as you enjoy your time there, giveaways, door prizes, and awards for competitions, ....

If it get's big enough, maybe even a monorail and stage coach to carry visitors between various "Lands."

At some point, I was thinking of making a West World theme park, too, but the technology hasn't quite gotten there.

:geekdanc:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 08:07:51 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

stangzilla

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2023, 12:29:53 PM »
Would you not provide free shuttle 24/7 to Lanai for said comrades?

sure. on my own private jet, an A10 Warthog!
my other private plane would be a P51 Mustang, of course.  ;)

stangzilla

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »
sure. on my own private jet, an A10 Warthog!

those would be more of my personal planes. can't carry many passengers
a yacht would work better to transport my 2A comrades. something like one of these:

HalfBreed2

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 01:19:34 PM »
I would buy the FBI from the Bidens

stangzilla

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2023, 01:43:37 PM »
I would buy Lanai

and on Lanai, I would make a huge BBQ area to cook and to just hang around. with circular bench seating to gather around the fire and talk story, show off your bbq guns, cook and eat the day's harvest of pig and deer. and an indoor dining area in case it's raining or too windy or something like that
with a cigar smoking area, and a bar with my own BeerLab brewery and whiskey distillery. drinks on the house   :geekdanc:

stangzilla

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2023, 01:53:26 PM »
a few times a year, on Lanai, I would host a camp for kids featuring shooting rifle and pistol and revolver, archery, slingshot, axe throwing, tell ghost and Hawaiian legends stories around the campfire, ATV riding, dirt bikes
basically do something for the youth of Hawaii.

hvybarrels

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2023, 01:57:00 PM »
 I would buy all the uncontaminated farmable land I could afford in this state and fund tropical agriculture research with the goal of helping the rest of the world adapt as their climate zones transition and sea levels rise.

My employees would be encouraged to open carry of the job of course

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

QUIETShooter

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2023, 02:19:38 PM »

I'll start.

Yep.  Fun topic!  I would do a lot of the things you mentioned.  The others who chimed in got some great ideas also!

Great to read some light hearted stuff instead of the usual doom and gloom. :thumbsup:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2023, 04:30:34 PM »

So can I sit on your lap like the movie Pearl Harbor style in the P40 as the Mustang is a single seater.

changemyoil66

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2023, 04:31:44 PM »
Yep.  Fun topic!  I would do a lot of the things you mentioned.  The others who chimed in got some great ideas also!

Great to read some light hearted stuff instead of the usual doom and gloom. :thumbsup:

So what would u do?

dogman

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2023, 05:20:39 PM »
Can a civilian own a fully armed Aircraft Carrier? I would staff with retired military and learn how to fly fighter jets. Set it up for recreational use.