Gift ideas for female shooter (Read 12502 times)

Teichi

Re: Gift ideas for female shooter
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »
5.11 Tactical leggings

Bushido

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 07:35:51 PM »
Thank you all for the suggestions. I bought her a Blue Force Gear Med Kit, TQ and a holder. She just ordered a Grey Ghost MPC on Black Friday so this will go good with that.

I tried to order her a case of ammo from Brownells. At checkout, it said something about shipping or billing address does not allow ammo shipment. WTF? It's shipping to her address. Who cares about the billing address? Anyplace else with ammo deals (9mm Luger or 5.56X45)?

2ahavvaii

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 12:08:33 AM »
Thank you all for the suggestions. I bought her a Blue Force Gear Med Kit, TQ and a holder. She just ordered a Grey Ghost MPC on Black Friday so this will go good with that.

I tried to order her a case of ammo from Brownells. At checkout, it said something about shipping or billing address does not allow ammo shipment. WTF? It's shipping to her address. Who cares about the billing address? Anyplace else with ammo deals (9mm Luger or 5.56X45)?

Virtually all ammunition is automatically blocked from shipping to hawaii.  we do not get to participate on the great ammunition sales as the rest of the continental US.

Needs to go by boat, and you need a special permit.  That's why only the dealers bring in ammo, powders, and primers, and it costs more than the mainland deals.

The only place where you can direct ship to your home address in hawaii is through CMP.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 12:12:29 AM »
Virtually all ammunition is automatically blocked from shipping to hawaii.  we do not get to participate on the great ammunition sales as the rest of the continental US.

Needs to go by boat, and you need a special permit.  That's why only the dealers bring in ammo, powders, and primers, and it costs more than the mainland deals.

The only place where you can direct ship to your home address in hawaii is through CMP.

He's not shipping to Hawaii, but I'm sure the billing address for his payment card is Hawaii.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 12:12:49 AM »

Those are some mighty awesome xmas gifts. Wish my dad was into guns.

I kept my billing for my cc's my parents home (moved out 3 years ago), but on occassion i put my place as billing addy by mistake. The transaction always goes through. But not sure if illegal to intentionally put wrong addy when ordering ammo.

The wife did get me a gieselle handguard for xmas so cant complain to much.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 12:21:31 AM »

Try Aim Surplus.  American Eagle 9mm has a rebate now, making 50-rd boxes $7.46 each.  Max rebate is $5/box or $50/household.  At the $9.95 regular price, that's a savings of $2.49/box.  So, you should be able to buy 20 boxes (1,000 ads) and still be within the $50 limit.

Worth a shot.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AFED9FMJ115&name=Federal+American+Eagle+9mm+115grn+FMJ+50rd+Box&groupid=46
-- Melvin Udall

2ahavvaii

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 12:44:44 AM »
That makes sense.    I was wondering how he didn't know that.   Lol

Probably something they didn't consider when setting  up the system.   

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 01:43:48 AM »
That makes sense.    I was wondering how he didn't know that.   Lol

Probably something they didn't consider when setting  up the system.

Not really an oversight.  People buy from places the seller won't ship to, request to have it sent to a friend or relative, then that recipient ships it to the buyer.  Checking the credit card billing address helps them prevent that, but it also prevents us from buying gifts for friends and relatives in other states.
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 08:02:20 AM »

That's awesome!   :thumbsup:

Yeah, sucks that we can't take advantage of the ammo deals.  Kills me every time I get an email for sales of 9 mm in the $150-170/1000 price range!  Sometimes I envy my buddies that live in WA and AZ.  One of my buddies that lives in AZ works in a gun shop and they get to shoot all sorts of stuff. 

drck1000

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 08:06:49 AM »
double tap

Bushido

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 08:30:24 PM »
Those are some mighty awesome xmas gifts. Wish my dad was into guns.

It's all about her being Daddy's Girl. The bad thing is this is just the Birthday Gifts. Christmas is a whole different journey.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bushido

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 08:32:23 PM »
Try Aim Surplus.  American Eagle 9mm has a rebate now, making 50-rd boxes $7.46 each.  Max rebate is $5/box or $50/household.  At the $9.95 regular price, that's a savings of $2.49/box.  So, you should be able to buy 20 boxes (1,000 ads) and still be within the $50 limit.

Worth a shot.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AFED9FMJ115&name=Federal+American+Eagle+9mm+115grn+FMJ+50rd+Box&groupid=46

Thanks I'll look into that. I had that deal at Brownells too and the Blazer Brass was crazy cheap too. Maybe I got to teach her how to reload already.

changemyoil66

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 09:14:31 AM »
Thanks I'll look into that. I had that deal at Brownells too and the Blazer Brass was crazy cheap too. Maybe I got to teach her how to reload already.

Reloading equipment for xmas gift

drck1000

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »
It's all about her being Daddy's Girl. The bad thing is this is just the Birthday Gifts. Christmas is a whole different journey.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So what are you getting her for Christmas?   ;D

Bushido

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »
So what are you getting her for Christmas?   ;D

G-Code

drck1000

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
G-Code
Nice. They are running a special in GCs where they increase by 20%.