Dillon swager 600 (Read 1773 times)

Brystont1

Dillon swager 600
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:58:36 PM »
Anyone familiar with the dillon super swager? I bought a swager and the rod where you insert the case doesn’t  line up with the swager. If I insert the case and attempt to swage it seems to line itself up but it just doesn’t look right. Is this normal?

Lihikai

Re: Dillon swager 600
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:39:29 AM »
the swager should have come with small and large rods to accommodate pistol and rifle necks

Brystont1

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 06:45:17 AM »
the swager should have come with small and large rods to accommodate pistol and rifle necks

It has the rod to fit 223. But when the case is off and look from the top down the rod is slightly off to the left of the swager. I can shift the rod with my fingers to line it up but when I let it go the rod will shift back to the left.

ren

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 07:55:20 AM »
Did you tighten the locknut on the rod? It shouldn't be loose. You may need to center the case a bit because some cases have a burr on the inside of the case.
I printed a piece to help center the case but I can't find it on www.yeggi.com or www.thingiverse.com
Deeds Not Words

Brystont1

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 09:20:58 PM »
Did you tighten the locknut on the rod? It shouldn't be loose. You may need to center the case a bit because some cases have a burr on the inside of the case.
I printed a piece to help center the case but I can't find it on www.yeggi.com or www.thingiverse.com

Yeah it’s tight. There seems to be something wrong with the detent ball and spring because it keeps pushing the locator rod to the left of the unit. I swaged a piece of brass and it swaged fine but I’m not sure it’s supposed to be like this. I’ll probably give Dillon a call.

OldMose

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 09:59:13 AM »

What Ren said.  You can look at mine, see what parts you might need or call Dillon to send the unit back.

ren

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »
I just remembered that replacing the swaging rod is a bit tricky. If the cam bolt didn't go into the relief cut on the lever it may wiggle.
Deeds Not Words

Brystont1

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
What Ren said.  You can look at mine, see what parts you might need or call Dillon to send the unit back.

I called Dillon up they are sending me new parts. The groove that was machined into the pin might be off so I’m gonna try replace it see if it works

Vbc

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 12:52:38 PM »
I picked up a used 600 and it wasn’t swaging the military 308 properly.  Ended up the swage was worn, Dillon replaced it and it’s good too go.