Hawaii Gun Ranges (Read 50453 times)

xxRENDOGxx

Re: Hawaii Gun Ranges
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
are you trying to sight something in?
i would put 4-6 targets on your stand, and have a good spotting scope or even binoculars
that way you don't have to wait the whole cycle to check your target
i believe the cycles are 20 minutes or so of firing and 5 or so to change your target
someone will step in and correct me if i'm wrong :)

aloha

steve

no, just wanted to put some rounds through my virgin vz58.
i see wat you mean about the spotting scope & having the ability to make adjustments without waiting. i'll keep that in mind when i sight in my (future) 10/22.  ;D

xxRENDOGxx

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
This may not be good for your particular situation. For me, living in Kapolei, it also takes 45 mins to an hour to get to the range and sometimes more to get back. I have resided to the fact that going to the rifle range or the silhouette range is an all day affair. This includes lunch on the way home and cleaning guns after I get home. I bring what I need for at least 8 hours like water and snacks in a cooler. Also, I try to bring as many projects as I can so I can get as much done as possible. I plan and bring as many loads for testing and hardware to try. So I can shoot 5 rounds for one rifle and then switch rifles and test loads for the other. I come very early and stay to late morning/early afternoon as a rule. I had one unintended consequence to all of this. I have made a ton of new friends. I have made friends with people who are also good contacts for things that I need/want. And in return I do what I can do to help my friends/others. While the time I spent seems like a lot on the outside my time at the range seems to go by quite quickly and not boring at all. This may not be good for you but I found it is the only way that works for me so I can go to the range every weekend.

i can totally see myself doing this too, someday. i can bring my boys when they get older and we can have some father-son bonding time. plus i only have 1 rifle right now so i don't think it would be worth my time.
when my boys are older, and i have a bigger arsenal, this will definitely be an option. hopefully by then we will have more places to go and shoot. :thumbsup:

xxRENDOGxx

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »
Are you breaking in a new barrel?
yeah i recently picked up a vz58 & have yet to fire it. i'm just gonna sample the magnum range because i gotta scratch that itch nao. i don't have any optics to sight in plus i get to rapid fire, so i guess it makes more sense to go there. even though the price. :grrr: oh well

ren

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
I just joined Schofield rod & gun.
Deeds Not Words

GZire

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »

Yay!!!!

Lemme know when you want to try out my REPR/SPR.

Teichi

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
Build your frame about 8' high if you want to simulate NMC shooting with Rifle or Pistol. Shooting is done from the top of the berms at CR-2. KR-3 is the Tactical Plinker Range It goes out to 1200meters, but you cant set your own targets out there. Depleted Uranium and Impact Area usage prevent entry. Skeet and Trap Range is the best facility for competition minded shotgunners. They have a patterning wall and lighting for nightshoots till 9pm.

ren

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »
Yay!!!!

Lemme know when you want to try out my REPR/SPR.
maybe dec 9th?
Deeds Not Words

GZire

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
maybe dec 9th?

Very possibly doable.

numbertwo

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 05:51:11 PM »
Is OGC still building their indoor range?

JP12480

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »
Is there anywhere to shoot SA 12Ga over 2 rounds at a time? I need to break in my MKA1919 and don't want to take a week doing so.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
Is there anywhere to shoot SA 12Ga over 2 rounds at a time? I need to break in my MKA1919 and don't want to take a week doing so.

Honolulu firearms and range
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

JP12480

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
Honolulu firearms and range

Thank you Kingkeoni! I'll check them out.....

passivekinetic

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:47 AM »
You can bring your own firearms and ammo to the Waikiki Gun Club? I thought they just rent to the tourists and you can't bring your own gear?

"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

Kingkeoni

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 10:10:24 AM »
You can bring your own firearms and ammo to the Waikiki Gun Club? I thought they just rent to the tourists and you can't bring your own gear?

As far as I know, they do not allow you to bring your own guns anymore.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

macsak

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
kk's right
no private, only tourii

As far as I know, they do not allow you to bring your own guns anymore.

passivekinetic

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:05 PM »
Yup. OK. So basically near Honolulu we only got Koko Head and that famous LGS at Ward.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

808gmac

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
For Ukumehame Firing Range in Maui, open shooting days for the public are limited to 3-4 days/per month, 3-Sundays/per month for USPSA competitions, 2-Saturdays/month SASS/Cowboy, and 1 Sunday/month for Rifle Club.  The open days are ran by civilian clubs (volunteer RSOs), mainly Valley Isle Sport Shooters Club, and Ukumehame Rifle Club.  The range are used by other entities as well:  FBI, AIRPORT SECURITY, COAST GUARD, DLNR, NAT. PARK SRVICE, US CUSTOMS, LOOMIS ARMED GUARDS, SHERIFF, and others.  MPD has their on range there as well.

screen

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 09:40:14 AM »
So since the last post in this thread is years old,  I'm going to make sure I have up to date information. Is there any open to the public ranges still on Oahu other than X Ring,  Koko Head, and Waikiki Gun Club? Because that's all I can find.
Training available at AthenaeumTraining.com

shdws

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »
So since the last post in this thread is years old,  I'm going to make sure I have up to date information. Is there any open to the public ranges still on Oahu other than X Ring,  Koko Head, and Waikiki Gun Club? Because that's all I can find.

Never been to Waikiki Gun Club but I'd imagine that'd be one of those expensive touristy spots.  I recall there being some guys handing out flyers in Waikiki to tourists and this might be the place.

Anyway, another indoor range you missed is Honolulu Firearms and Range.

macsak

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »

waikiki gun club is tourist packages only

khsc, xring, and hnl firearms are your only choices