Ukraine vs. Russia (Read 99209 times)

changemyoil66

Ukraine vs. Russia
« on: February 02, 2022, 01:26:04 PM »
Been seeing more and more pics/vids of the Ukraine military training civilians in preparation for a Russian invasion. Being trained on shooting/cleaning AK's, mines, grenades, CQB, etc...

IDK if these civilians are bringing their own weapons, or being supplied from the Ukraine gov.  Which brings me to the 2A and a militia.  If this were to happen here, 2A people would bring their own firearms, ammo, body armor, NODs, comms, preps, etc...

We shall see how this plays out.

macsak

Re: Ukraine vs. Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 04:01:39 PM »
Been seeing more and more pics/vids of the Ukraine military training civilians in preparation for a Russian invasion. Being trained on shooting/cleaning AK's, mines, grenades, CQB, etc...

IDK if these civilians are bringing their own weapons, or being supplied from the Ukraine gov.  Which brings me to the 2A and a militia.  If this were to happen here, 2A people would bring their own firearms, ammo, body armor, NODs, comms, preps, etc...

i wouldn't bring those since i don't own...

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 04:04:55 PM »

Why?  You looking for Gov't provided training or equipment? 

aaronc5362

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 04:09:34 PM »

I watched a vid bout a month or so back. The one group I was watching that was being trained was like a "tribe." Iirc they lived in a small town and they hunt for food with aks. Almost entirely cut off from a big city. They interviewed a husband and wife. The wife was joking around saying something like this was their bonding time. And the oldest son was part of this small militia too. Their daughter was sad tho, she looked young like less than 10 years old. But yeah, they all using their own weapons. Saw alot of mosins and aks. I think they were provided with other things like camo, chest rigs, armor etc. But I distinctively remember its their own weapons.

aaronc5362

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 04:14:08 PM »
Why?  You looking for Gov't provided training or equipment?

If it were my choice, id prob use an ar15 they provide. Afyer thoroughly inspecting it. And imma ask for ammo. Cause I wouldnt mind fucking their shit up. Plus that's just 1 more gun I can add to my arsenal. Gotta supply the fam too.

DocMercy

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 04:21:24 PM »
Unless the Ukranians have the heart and vigilance of the North Vietnamese or Taliban, they'll probably fold like a cheap suitcase. Just like some of our allies during WW2. I wish them good luck, but at this point in time, their only hope is to apply to become a U.S. protectorate, like American Samoa.
Here's another piece of advice. Should the Russian or Chinese commies ever attack Hawaii, they'll be using protective vests and heavy weapons that will crush most NRA members in the state. Unless, of course, if you own a $13K Barrett .50 cal BMG semi-automatic rifle. It weighs almost as much as a heavy dog. If you own one of these, count me in as your BFF.  :crazy: Watch this interesting comparison with the 3 amigos.

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 04:53:47 PM »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 05:05:49 PM by stangzilla »

Kuleana

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 05:22:38 PM »
Here's another piece of advice. Should the Russian or Chinese commies ever attack Hawaii, they'll be using protective vests and heavy weapons that will crush most NRA members in the state.
I wish, but don't think so.

If the Russians and/or Chinese ever attack Hawaii, think mushroom cloud.  Hawaii is not worth the ammo or boots on the ground.  Hence, the question is not how many guns, ammo, body armor, etc. should you have, but rather how many megatons will those nukes possess when they reach their target.

hvybarrels

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 05:55:33 PM »
I wish, but don't think so.

If the Russians and/or Chinese ever attack Hawaii, think mushroom cloud.  Hawaii is not worth the ammo or boots on the ground.  Hence, the question is not how many guns, ammo, body armor, etc. should you have, but rather how many megatons will those nukes possess when they reach their target.

This is still a strategically valuable position, and there are plenty of war scenarios that don’t involve nukes.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 06:22:01 PM »
This is still a strategically valuable position, and there are plenty of war scenarios that don’t involve nukes.

As a matter of fact, the US military war fighting doctrine shifted way from nuclear decades ago.  It's more probable that we will need to be fighting on 2-3 fronts at once (Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan?) in more Korea- or Vietnam-style scenarios.  Countries are reluctant to use nukes, even tactical nukes, unless there's an extreme justification. 

The enemy now embeds themselves in civilian population centers, making mass destruction less viable.  Some unintended casualties are accepted as the nature of warfare, but mass casualties with heavy weapons can, and probably should, be avoided.

While we still have a huge nuclear arsenal for deterrence, the current and future battlefields are still expected to be conventional -- and away from US soil.

I think the biggest fear of our military planners is the rogue terror cell or lone wolf that gets their hands on backpack-sized dirty bombs or buy/steal a decommissioned nuke from a (former?) Super Power.

If Iran ever gets their hands on a nuke that can be fired over Israel, that's when we'll need to point about 30 nukes in their direction as a deterrent.  AND we have to have a CinC in the WH with the balls to actually give the launch orders.  Biden never would, and that's a bad thing.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

aaronc5362

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 06:39:23 PM »
As a matter of fact, the US military war fighting doctrine shifted way from nuclear decades ago.  It's more probable that we will need to be fighting on 2-3 fronts at once (Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan?) in more Korea- or Vietnam-style scenarios.  Countries are reluctant to use nukes, even tactical nukes, unless there's an extreme justification. 

The enemy now embeds themselves in civilian population centers, making mass destruction less viable.  Some unintended casualties are accepted as the nature of warfare, but mass casualties with heavy weapons can, and probably should, be avoided.

While we still have a huge nuclear arsenal for deterrence, the current and future battlefields are still expected to be conventional -- and away from US soil.

I think the biggest fear of our military planners is the rogue terror cell or lone wolf that gets their hands on backpack-sized dirty bombs or buy/steal a decommissioned nuke from a (former?) Super Power.

If Iran ever gets their hands on a nuke that can be fired over Israel, that's when we'll need to point about 30 nukes in their direction as a deterrent.  AND we have to have a CinC in the WH with the balls to actually give the launch orders.  Biden never would, and that's a bad thing.

True. Biden wouldn't. But his puppeteers might. Give him ice cream and he will sign anything.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 06:46:04 PM »
This is what Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto said in 1941 Japan:

"I would never invade America, there is a gun behind every blade of grass......"

An example as to why the US 2nd amendment is so important.

Yeah, they might have better weapons and armor vests and shit like that but we have the home field advantage.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Kuleana

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 07:12:30 PM »
As a Hawaiian that looks towards the de-occupation of Hawaii by the US empire, I SINCERELY pray you are right that any military action against Hawaii for whatever reason is not nuclear, chemical, or biological for that matter, since there is nowhere to run.

However, with all the latest self-containing military installations built deep into both Waianae and Ko'olau mountain ranges, most Hawaiians are not stupid in recognizing why they are built so robust and for what possible scenario.

Keep-in-mind that if there is any military conflict between the US empire, Russia, and/or China it is very incautious to think it will not go nuclear at some point or, at the very least, territory that houses US imperial bases will not be subject to nuclear strike AND that Hawaii has tons of military bases.

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 07:55:46 PM »
If either were to invade, we know who would sell/collaborate.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Kuleana

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 10:25:11 PM »
If either were to invade, we know who would sell/collaborate.
Standing side-by-side and dying with Democrats who will take away your guns if there is WWIII...

I guess there is no hope for a restoration of an American republic.

macsak

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 11:00:55 PM »
Unless the Ukranians have the heart and vigilance of the North Vietnamese or Taliban, they'll probably fold like a cheap suitcase. Just like some of our allies during WW2. I wish them good luck, but at this point in time, their only hope is to apply to become a U.S. protectorate, like American Samoa.
Here's another piece of advice. Should the Russian or Chinese commies ever attack Hawaii, they'll be using protective vests and heavy weapons that will crush most NRA members in the state. Unless, of course, if you own a $13K Barrett .50 cal BMG semi-automatic rifle. It weighs almost as much as a heavy dog. If you own one of these, count me in as your BFF.  :crazy: Watch this interesting comparison with the 3 amigos.

i don't think you understand what NRA means...

Kuleana

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 11:09:22 PM »
For those supporting the US empire's goading WWIII with Russia via Ukraine, you are a step away from getting what you wanted.

hvybarrels

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2022, 11:11:29 PM »
Keep-in-mind that if there is any military conflict between the US empire, Russia, and/or China it is very incautious to think it will not go nuclear at some point or, at the very least, territory that houses US imperial bases will not be subject to nuclear strike AND that Hawaii has tons of military bases.

Nukes are deterrents, not weapons. CCP knows how to play the long game.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/china-undermining-us-through-elite-capture-author

"The United States is currently traveling down a losing path in its battle against China because the communist regime has co-opted many American elites in Washington, Wall Street, corporate America, and the U.S. tech sector, warned author Peter Schweizer."
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

macsak

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2022, 11:32:07 PM »
For those supporting the US empire's goading WWIII with Russia via Ukraine, you are a step away from getting what you wanted.

please show me where anyone said they support that...

Kuleana

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2022, 08:06:25 AM »
please show me where anyone said they support that...
Just because no one has directly stated that they support the US empire's goading WWIII to Russia and China for that matter, that does not mean there are some who silently support this insane march-to-war.  There have been at least two or three forum members that have expressed reservations about the current US/NATO military antagonistic moves in Eastern Europe, but there has also been dead silence regarding direct open criticism and/or call for an end to the US empire's drive to subjugate Russia, China, Iran, and all the other nations that refuse US imperial hegemony on this planet.

Inaction is action.

Case-in-point, the US Navy has majorly doomed the water supply for Oahu residents for years or even decades to come.  Everybody on Oahu is angry and wants those tanks out, as that is the right thing to do.  Since this affects everyone, including many on this forum, where are the posts in solidarity for this action against the US Navy?  The deafening silence can only be attributed because the many pro-US military posters here can't bring themselves to openly criticize what they know is right for whatever their reason to the detriment of everybody else who has to drink potentially contaminated water, including themselves.  Consequently, those people quietly assent to the US Navy's human-poisoning position regarding this matter.  As far as the US imperial military is concerned, the people living in Hawaii are inconsequential and collateral damage in the name of the US empire, right?

The World is very close into entering WWIII and the US empire is leading the way to this insanity.  However, the overwhelming absence of direct vocal opposition to this path towards human extinction is what clearly exemplifies that there are some on this forum who are OK with that just because of their personal denial that the once-great American republic has longed ceased to exist.