Trump can declassify things just by thinking about it (Read 5484 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump can declassify things just by thinking about it
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2022, 01:05:05 PM »
Hillary not only stored AT LEAST 110 classified emails on her server, but she also used portable devices to discuss and send/received classified information. 

Classified information doesn't become unclassified just because it lacks markings.  She knew what was classified.

But no charges because she didn't "intend" to break the laws she did -- which is not an element of the NDA she signed.  She was responsible for proper storage and protection of that information, and failure to do so intentionally OR THROUGH NEGLIGENCE is a serious national security breach and against the law.

She also failed to leave those emails and documents at the state department when she left.  That's a major violation of the law -- theft of government documents.

She also is responsible for the destruction of 30,000+ files on her computers and the physical destruction of government devices such as tablets and cell phones.

No charges for willful destruction of government property and records.

The reason many of the emails and files are known to the FBI is because Anthony Weiner's laptop had COPIES of everything his wife -- Clinton's Chief of Staff -- sent and received.  That constitutes unauthorized disclosure.  Weiner did not have clearance to access state department communications.

Comey testified under oath that Clinton made many false statements to the FBI and the public about her emails and storage of classified. 

No charges of obstructing the investigation or lying to the FBI.

If your name is Clinton or you are in their circle, the laws just don't apply.

If Hillary can skate on the "I didn't mean to" defense, so can Trump.   :thumbsup:

Almost every government official tied to this criminal activity was given immunity by the DOJ.  Why?  Immunity is a tool used to motivate someone to be a witness against someone else or to provide evidence to make a case against someone else.  Immunity is never offered unless there is some benefit to the prosecution. 

Since nobody was prosecuted, it sure looks like immunity was being offered to protect the players, not to help make a case against anyone.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 01:10:50 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »
SNIP

If Hillary can skate on the "I didn't mean to" defense, so can Trump.   :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2022, 01:09:27 PM »

This is where TDS kicks in and will say he cannot use that defense. 

robtmc

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2022, 03:58:51 PM »

drck1000

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2022, 04:29:18 PM »
Markings were never removed because the documents were never marked because per the creator they were not classified. Now someone can come in after the fact and make a determination that the information should be classified. If that was done you would not need to know. You are obviously ignorant of the rules which is understandable.
Not sure why I'm wasting my time. . . anyways

That's not what you said previously.  And just because markings are removed, doesn't automatically change the sensitivity of the document.  You said it yourself, information in aggregate can affect/change classification.

I am ignorant?  You have ZERO direct personal experience or training on the subject.  It's obvious. . . yet you continue to try to parrot crap you read on the interwebs. . . go peddle your BS elsewhere. . .

drck1000

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2022, 04:48:59 PM »
You have no reason to feel shameful for being ignorant of something you have no exposure to. Markings are not removed because they markings never existed in the first place. Obviously people should be aware of the topic in email and in public. Don't discuss work when having lunch in town.  Also probably shouldn't decorate your downtown bar with classified documents.

SNIP
That's not what you stated "as fact" previously.  You better check your facts.  And I'm not talking about Drumpf. . .

Shameful?  pffft. . . thinking you know is different than knowing. . .

changemyoil66

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2022, 04:57:41 PM »
Markings were never removed because the documents were never marked because per the creator they were not classified. Now someone can come in after the fact and make a determination that the information should be classified. If that was done you would not need to know. You are obviously ignorant of the rules which is understandable.
Jean says:

"In my mind theyre TS , thus that is enough to make it so. Due to the classification of classifying , classified clearance of claasification."

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2022, 04:58:57 PM »
Not sure why I'm wasting my time. . . anyways

That's not what you said previously.  And just because markings are removed, doesn't automatically change the sensitivity of the document.  You said it yourself, information in aggregate can affect/change classification.

I am ignorant?  You have ZERO direct personal experience or training on the subject.  It's obvious. . . yet you continue to try to parrot crap you read on the interwebs. . . go peddle your BS elsewhere. . .
Its not wasting time. Its showing others that this topic is above xis paygrade.

robtmc

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2022, 10:04:09 AM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2022, 10:40:42 AM »
Your wrong. Why do you choose to lie and spread misinformation?

[snip after OP accuses others of that which xhe is guilty]

information that while unclassified alone MAY become classified when combined.  Nothing is confirmed.
Information that is unclassified remains unclassified.  If it is combined with other unclassified information that becomes sensitive when viewed together, it's STILL UNCLASSIFIED.

The term for such aggregated information that may become sensitive is EEFI -- Essential Elements of Friendly Information.

-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2022, 11:00:37 AM »
Its not wasting time. Its showing others that this topic is above xis paygrade.

It's not about paygrade.  It's about basic intelligence and ability to think for one's self and form rational thought, and not just parroting what they heard because it fits what they THINK is the truth.  Nevermind the TRANSCRIPTS of a Liberal led investigation confirmed much of what we're bringing up and goes against the crap that is being thrown on the board.  Don't even have to bring up facts, just point out the contradictions in the "statements of fact". 

For those that don't have time to dive into the transcripts, see two articles that cover the above.  One from arguably an "center" site and another from a known left biased site.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/08/hillary-clintons-claim-that-zero-emails-were-marked-classified/
https://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/clintons-handling-of-classified-information/

Not that what is stated in those articles are fact.  One would think that anyone with half a brain could see the differences between Clinton and Trump.  And I'm no fan of Trump.  Again, just pointing out stuff that folks who are blinded by TDS seem to just gloss over, especially when it doesn't fit their narrative. . .

drck1000

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2022, 11:09:58 AM »
Information that is unclassified remains unclassified.  If it is combined with other unclassified information that becomes sensitive when viewed together, it's STILL UNCLASSIFIED.

The term for such aggregated information that may become sensitive is EEFI -- Essential Elements of Friendly Information.

Think it is parroting and mixing parts and portions of aggregate, compilation, etc.  Feynman. . .

Easy to see how the ignorant and uneducated on the issue can believe/feel they are always right.  Ya know, because momma told 'em. . . 

changemyoil66

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2022, 11:56:35 AM »
It's not about paygrade.

This was a joke about paygrade.

changemyoil66

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2022, 11:57:00 AM »
You better check your facts because they are wrong. You misunderstood.

Says Jean when confronted about being wrong again. 

drck1000

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2022, 11:59:46 AM »
This was a joke about paygrade.
Yeah, I know.  Only the intelligent would pick up on that.  But you sure it was a joke?  ;D

bazinga

drck1000

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2022, 12:00:40 PM »
Says Jean when confronted about being wrong again.
#iknowyouarebutwhatami
#sticksandstones

That's an impressive level of online forum banter. . . impressive intelligence level. . .

Sodie

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2022, 05:10:31 PM »
Your wrong. Why do you choose to lie and spread misinformation?

Trump could be charged with obstruction in the Russia case and Bill Barr lied about the report. So there is that.
Hillary did not have any classified MARKED documents or emails on the server. That's why markings is part of the training employees received. Aggregation of unclassified information that while unclassified alone MAY become classified when combined.  Nothing is confirmed.

Now with Trump we have 179 specific classified documents that have been recovered and empty classified document folders for those that are missing.  You'll find out it's a simple case to prosecute.

“Hillary did not have any classified MARKED documents or emails on the server. That's why markings is part of the training employees received.”

Literally doesn’t matter.  What makes information classified is the damage it would do to national security if it were disclosed.  Mrs. Clinton, as Secretary of State, was what is known as an “Original Classification Authority,” or OCA.  As an OCA, she was given the authority to determine whether or not new information produced by her agency was classified.  She was trained on that, and should have recognized the information she was dealing with was, in fact, classified, regardless of whether it was marked.

And incidentally, it’s “you’re” in this case, not “your.”  :geekdanc:

Sodie

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2022, 05:14:42 PM »

Not strictly true.  It is possible for unclassified information, when combined with other unclassified information, to become classified.  For example, the timeframe of an exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, and the location of the exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, but if you combine the timeframe and the location in one document, it becomes classified.  It’s called “classification by compilation.”

drck1000

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2022, 05:33:41 PM »
Not strictly true.  It is possible for unclassified information, when combined with other unclassified information, to become classified.  For example, the timeframe of an exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, and the location of the exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, but if you combine the timeframe and the location in one document, it becomes classified.  It’s called “classification by compilation.”

No, no, no. Your wrong. You misunderstood.

[sarcasm/]  ;D

What I was mentioning earlier. Where the “other one” was grasping at that concept. Also about the markings. Doesn’t matter the markings, removal, etc, particularly in the context of HRC. She knew the rules, her staff knew the rules, and even then, knowledge of the rules isn’t relevant to the misconduct. So claiming ignorance isn’t a mitigating circumstance.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2022, 09:50:27 PM »

In the example you gave, there would need to be a predetermined classification and protection level when the aggregated/compiled unclassified information is combined in the same document.

The example I found deals with reports -- specifically theater-wide operation failure reports.  A Security Classification Guide (SCG) could dictate that one such report alone is unclassified.  But, when 2 or more such reports are part of a compilation, the compiled document, not the individual reports, is classified SECRET.

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p2c9bed1/Classification-by-Compilation-1-Definition-Sometimes-combining-two-or-more/

This clarifies what I was saying.  The unclassified information remains unclassified.  It's the compiled document containing more than one unclassified report that becomes classified.  You can still disseminate and discuss each report individually and the information remains unclassified -- as long as you avoid disseminating or discussing more than one theater-wide operation failure report when doing so.

It's a little like mixing drinks.  You can talk about a bottle of vodka, a jug of orange juice, and a bucket of ice with no issues.  But as soon as you mix them together, they become a Screwdriver.  You wouldn't then treat the vodka, OJ and ice individually as a mixed drink.  Only when combined would you be correct in that "classification".
-- Melvin Udall