Trump can declassify things just by thinking about it (Read 2543 times)

drck1000

Re: Trump can declassify things just by thinking about it
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2022, 12:00:40 PM »
Says Jean when confronted about being wrong again.
#iknowyouarebutwhatami
#sticksandstones

That's an impressive level of online forum banter. . . impressive intelligence level. . .

Sodie

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2022, 05:10:31 PM »
Your wrong. Why do you choose to lie and spread misinformation?

Trump could be charged with obstruction in the Russia case and Bill Barr lied about the report. So there is that.
Hillary did not have any classified MARKED documents or emails on the server. That's why markings is part of the training employees received. Aggregation of unclassified information that while unclassified alone MAY become classified when combined.  Nothing is confirmed.

Now with Trump we have 179 specific classified documents that have been recovered and empty classified document folders for those that are missing.  You'll find out it's a simple case to prosecute.

“Hillary did not have any classified MARKED documents or emails on the server. That's why markings is part of the training employees received.”

Literally doesn’t matter.  What makes information classified is the damage it would do to national security if it were disclosed.  Mrs. Clinton, as Secretary of State, was what is known as an “Original Classification Authority,” or OCA.  As an OCA, she was given the authority to determine whether or not new information produced by her agency was classified.  She was trained on that, and should have recognized the information she was dealing with was, in fact, classified, regardless of whether it was marked.

And incidentally, it’s “you’re” in this case, not “your.”  :geekdanc:

Sodie

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2022, 05:14:42 PM »
Information that is unclassified remains unclassified.  If it is combined with other unclassified information that becomes sensitive when viewed together, it's STILL UNCLASSIFIED.

The term for such aggregated information that may become sensitive is EEFI -- Essential Elements of Friendly Information.

Not strictly true.  It is possible for unclassified information, when combined with other unclassified information, to become classified.  For example, the timeframe of an exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, and the location of the exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, but if you combine the timeframe and the location in one document, it becomes classified.  It’s called “classification by compilation.”

drck1000

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2022, 05:33:41 PM »
Not strictly true.  It is possible for unclassified information, when combined with other unclassified information, to become classified.  For example, the timeframe of an exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, and the location of the exercise, by itself, could be unclassified, but if you combine the timeframe and the location in one document, it becomes classified.  It’s called “classification by compilation.”

No, no, no. Your wrong. You misunderstood.

[sarcasm/]  ;D

What I was mentioning earlier. Where the “other one” was grasping at that concept. Also about the markings. Doesn’t matter the markings, removal, etc, particularly in the context of HRC. She knew the rules, her staff knew the rules, and even then, knowledge of the rules isn’t relevant to the misconduct. So claiming ignorance isn’t a mitigating circumstance.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2022, 09:50:27 PM »

In the example you gave, there would need to be a predetermined classification and protection level when the aggregated/compiled unclassified information is combined in the same document.

The example I found deals with reports -- specifically theater-wide operation failure reports.  A Security Classification Guide (SCG) could dictate that one such report alone is unclassified.  But, when 2 or more such reports are part of a compilation, the compiled document, not the individual reports, is classified SECRET.

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p2c9bed1/Classification-by-Compilation-1-Definition-Sometimes-combining-two-or-more/

This clarifies what I was saying.  The unclassified information remains unclassified.  It's the compiled document containing more than one unclassified report that becomes classified.  You can still disseminate and discuss each report individually and the information remains unclassified -- as long as you avoid disseminating or discussing more than one theater-wide operation failure report when doing so.

It's a little like mixing drinks.  You can talk about a bottle of vodka, a jug of orange juice, and a bucket of ice with no issues.  But as soon as you mix them together, they become a Screwdriver.  You wouldn't then treat the vodka, OJ and ice individually as a mixed drink.  Only when combined would you be correct in that "classification".
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

changemyoil66

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2022, 09:07:22 PM »
Yeah, I know.  Only the intelligent would pick up on that.  But you sure it was a joke?  ;D

bazinga
No focus

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rhayder

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »
Information that is unclassified remains unclassified.  If it is combined with other unclassified information that becomes sensitive when viewed together, it's STILL UNCLASSIFIED.

You are misinformed.

You may want to learn how compilation of unclassified information/data may create a classified compilation.

robtmc

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2022, 11:12:36 AM »

aletheuo137

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2022, 12:30:36 PM »

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2022, 01:08:20 PM »
You are misinformed.

You may want to learn how compilation of unclassified information/data may create a classified compilation.

Learn to read.

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=47426.msg440513#msg440513

A compilation does not make the independent unclassified information portions classified when not compiled.

What would the portion markings be?

Go read what I already posted.  I can try to teach you, but I can't understand it for you.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

changemyoil66

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »
Learn to read.

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=47426.msg440513#msg440513

A compilation does not make the independent unclassified information portions classified when not compiled.

What would the portion markings be?

Go read what I already posted.  I can try to teach you, but I can't understand it for you.
Feelings is greater than reading.

aletheuo137

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2022, 06:54:12 PM »
Feelings is greater than reading.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2022, 08:12:38 PM »
You are misinformed.

Jean says