Build-an-AR lower (Read 1699 times)

ren

Build-an-AR lower
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
Deeds Not Words

GZire

Re: Build-an-AR lower
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »
I believe you still have to register it.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
In hawaii you still have to have a permit to aquire before it is a functional reciever. Then you have to register it.  Also according to the atf you yourself need to complete it.  If a machine shop finishes the reciever they could be in a lot of trouble for not having the proper licence.  You can have build parties like they have now. As long as you do the finishing holes its all good.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

waimea2006

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »
I see the media, in this case ABC, putting their subtle spin on this story by saying, "The shop is busy because more people are finding out about the chance to build your own gun without having to go through any registration or government signups of any kind...When asked about the issue of bad guys building these guns..." Anti-gunners will more than likely pick these sentences and use biased news reporting to push their agenda to the extreme just for the sake of their cause. Because this is in California I don't believe this manufacture/dealer would risk his livelihood to break the law. Looks like he has a CNC machined to build lowers, but he still has to abid by ATF rules and imprint a serial number, manufacturer, model, caliber, etc...and MUST be registered to make it legal own. Bottom line it's all about perspective.