Question for NRA Instructors (Read 2169 times)

bushidoaa808

Question for NRA Instructors
« on: September 01, 2019, 08:48:16 PM »
Question(s) for NRA Instructors.

If there was a place available to teach your certification class, that was VERY close to KHSC, would you use the facilities? If so, how much would you be willing to pay per session? Please give the maximum you’d be willing to pay. And remember that you’d be using the classroom for at least 4 hours.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Question for NRA Instructors
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »
Question(s) for NRA Instructors.

If there was a place available to teach your certification class, that was VERY close to KHSC, would you use the facilities? If so, how much would you be willing to pay per session? Please give the maximum you’d be willing to pay. And remember that you’d be using the classroom for at least 4 hours.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not an instructor, but basic specs on the facility might help instructors answer that question.  Details that might help could be:

- How many students can it accommodate per class?
- Is there ample free parking?
- Are classroom-appropriate furnishings provided, such as tables & chairs, AV equipment, and so on?
- is it air conditioned?
- Are there restroom facilities onsite?

I'm not saying these are critical or even major factors, but if someone is being asked to name a price they are willing to pay, I think the space needs to be described in more detail than "VERY close to KHSC", in particular the number of students who can attend and cover that cost.

Hope that's helpful.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 01:20:28 AM »
I presume you are talking about classroom only?
Then use khsc for the live fire portion.
What, Me Worry?

bushidoaa808

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 06:43:36 AM »
I'm not an instructor, but basic specs on the facility might help instructors answer that question.  Details that might help could be:

- How many students can it accommodate per class?
- Is there ample free parking?
- Are classroom-appropriate furnishings provided, such as tables & chairs, AV equipment, and so on?
- is it air conditioned?
- Are there restroom facilities onsite?

I'm not saying these are critical or even major factors, but if someone is being asked to name a price they are willing to pay, I think the space needs to be described in more detail than "VERY close to KHSC", in particular the number of students who can attend and cover that cost.

Hope that's helpful.

Here’s my response in FB:

If there’s enough interest by other instructors, the place would have a common area with 2-3 private rooms. So that’s means 2-3 Instructors can teach their classes at the same time.

Each room would have a table with chairs, whiteboard, and monitor with HDMI input. Place would be open during range schedules (since you need to do range time after), Wednesday to Sunday.

To reserve a spot, I’m thinking that you can book up to a month ahead by calling the office to check availability.

bushidoaa808

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 07:05:43 AM »
I presume you are talking about classroom only?
Then use khsc for the live fire portion.

Yes. The idea is that instructors can have a place to teach the classroom portion, and then head up the road to KHSC. No 1 instructor can generate enough business to make leasing a place feasible. But if a number of instructors use it even once a month, then the cost of an office becomes more manageable.

zippz

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 07:44:39 AM »
I'd pay $3 per student per hour.  I usualy teach up to 4 to 6 students at a time for a 6 hour class +1 hour setup so about $80 to $120 for a day.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

bushidoaa808

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 09:03:35 PM »
I'd pay $3 per student per hour.  I usualy teach up to 4 to 6 students at a time for a 6 hour class +1 hour setup so about $80 to $120 for a day.
Thanks! That’s the kind of information I was looking for.