Puuloa to host Kauai's Garden Isle Shooting Club Tactical Match (Read 11489 times)

mamalukino

Aloha Shooters,

PRPC TO HOST THE GISC (Garden Island Shooting Club

Tactical Rifle Fun Match

Date and Place: July 15th & 16th, 2017 at the Puuloa Range at Ewa Beach

Starting time on both days is at 0700
Range fee's will be $10.00 on Saturday and $20.00 on Sunday

Rifle's will be of bolt action or semi-auto type (AR15/ AR10) chambered for either .223 (5.56), 308 (7.62) or 30-06 caliber (per USMC Pu’uloa Rifle Range Rules).

No Muzzle Brakes.

Optic's permitted.

Bipod and rear bag rest permitted.

Saturday July 15th - Rifle Zero/Practice Day -

For all who wish to zero-in your rifles at 200, 300, 500 and 600 yards, a 20 minute time limit will be given at each distance.  During this time you may shoot as many or few rounds as you wish. Each shot will be marked by target pullers. This gives an opportunity to establish elevations for each distance.

Sunday July 16th - Match Day - 450 total aggregate

Course Of Fire:
300 yards- 17 shots. First two shots will be sighter's. 15 shots for record for a total time of 17 minutes.
500 yards- 17 shots. First two shots will be sighter's. 15 shots for record for a total time of 17 minutes.
600 yards- 17 shots. First two shots will be sighter's. 15 shots for record for a total time of 17 minutes.

Note: ALL FIRING WILL BE SLOW FIRE AND DONE IN THE PRONE POSITION

Targets will be the B27S silhouette with scoring rings from X, 10, 9, 8 and 7 ring.

Scores will be tallied at the end of match to determine winners.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophy plaques will be awarded as well as lucky number prizes.

All competitors will be required to pull targets unless other arrangements are made; i.e. paid or volunteer target pullers.

An informal potluck picnic will be held for all competitors and guests after the Sunday match at the range picnic area.

Any questions? call either Patrick Martin on Kauai at 808-278-8124, email  masterblaster53@hawaii.rr.com ;  or Mike Riley on Maui at 808-264-4144. email  mamalukino@gmail.com .

Deadline for registering is 1 July 2017

Make your reservations here: http://www.puuloa.com/gisc-registration.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:57:47 PM by mamalukino »
Life Member NRA

Teichi

Re: Puuloa to host Kauai's Garden Isle Shooting Club Tactical Match
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:30:15 PM »
We are adding a 20 minute 200 yard stage to begin with.

There have been shooters in the past that show up with a virgin rifle and have no idea where it will make holes at 200 yards.

We recommend at least have a 100 yard zero on your rifle when you try shooting at Puuloa.

Bushido

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:34:06 PM »
I will be there!!

Heavies

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 12:21:12 AM »
Looking forward to the match.  Need to get some practice in first, hopefully can find some time.

mamalukino

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 04:12:58 PM »
Here is an update with some more information:

PRPC TO HOST THE GISC (Garden Island Shooting Club

Tactical Rifle Fun Match

Date and Place: July 15th & 16th, 2017 at the Puuloa Range at Ewa Beach

Starting time on both days is at 0700
Range fee's will be $10.00 on Saturday and $20.00 on Sunday

Rifle's will be of bolt action or semi-auto type (AR15/ AR10) chambered for either .223 (5.56), 308 (7.62) or 30-06 caliber (per USMC Pu’uloa Rifle Range Rules).

No Muzzle Brakes.

Optic's permitted.

Bipod and rear bag rest permitted.

Saturday July 15th - Rifle Zero/Practice Day -

For all who wish to zero-in your rifles at 200, 300, 500 and 600 yards, a 20 minute time limit will be given at each distance.  During this time you may shoot as many or few rounds as you wish. Each shot will be marked by target pullers. This gives an opportunity to establish elevations for each distance.

Sunday July 16th - Match Day - 450 total aggregate

Course Of Fire:
300 yards- 17 shots. First two shots will be sighter's. 15 shots for record for a total time of 17 minutes.
500 yards- 17 shots. First two shots will be sighter's. 15 shots for record for a total time of 17 minutes.
600 yards- 17 shots. First two shots will be sighter's. 15 shots for record for a total time of 17 minutes.

Note: ALL FIRING WILL BE SLOW FIRE AND DONE IN THE PRONE POSITION

Targets will be the B27S silhouette with scoring rings from X, 10, 9, 8 and 7 ring.

Scores will be tallied at the end of match to determine winners.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophy plaques will be awarded as well as lucky number prizes.

All competitors will be required to pull targets unless other arrangements are made; i.e. paid or volunteer target pullers.

An informal potluck picnic will be held for all competitors and guests after the Sunday match at the range picnic area.

Any questions? call either Patrick Martin on Kauai at 808-278-8124, email  masterblaster53@hawaii.rr.com ;  or Mike Riley on Maui at 808-264-4144. email  mamalukino@gmail.com .

Deadline for registering is 1 July 2017

Make your reservations here: http://www.puuloa.com/gisc-registration.html

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:03:25 PM by mamalukino »
Life Member NRA

mamalukino

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 07:38:08 PM »
To register for this (either practice day or event day or both days) please register here:

http://www.puuloa.com/gisc-registration.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:51:13 PM by mamalukino »
Life Member NRA

zippz

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »
Anyone else coming to the practice and/or match on July 15/16th?  So far I only got 4 attendees from 2ahawaii.  I think we got around 30 shooters in total so far.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:50:52 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »
registered
though I'll be in a slight disadvantage shooting my optic "service rifle"
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »
Just a clarification, you can use almost any rifle within the caliber restrictions.  M4 type rifles with iron sights, M1 Garand, Mini 14, Winchester 70,....  Not going to win the match with these types of rifles, but you can shoot and participate.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 12:44:29 AM »
I just discovered that the www.puuloa.com July 15/16 registration form is broken.  Please resubmit all registrations for this event by emailing puuloaclub@gmail.com with the following information:

Which date attending: (July 15 and/or 16)
Name:
Email:
Membership: (Puuloa Club member, non-club military/dod, or civilian)
Comments:

If you RSVP'd on meetup, then I have your info already.

zippz

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
Had a great showing for today's rifle practice, about 40 shooters which was the most we've had in years.  There were a good number of Garden Isle Gun Club members who took the flight out from Kauai.  It was relatively cool for a summer day, some passing clouds and pretty windy with some 20mph gusts.  Tomorrow is the tactical fun match.

Heavies

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 06:57:18 AM »
Great turnout at the tac fun match!

Lihikai

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
Did anyone compete with iron sights?

ren

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »
Did anyone compete with iron sights?

I was tempted to. I transitioned over to optics per new CMP rules.
There were  2 of us service rifle shooters. Both of us used 4x power optics. Almost everyone shooting around us had higher mag optics. We couldn't see the scoring rings at all. I just cut the silhouette in half and placed the dot COM. I think I came in last. But in relation to other shooters the 2 of us shot with no rest other than a sling and glove. I was going in confident that I could keep up with those shooting a rest and higher mag scopes but I'm still struggling a bit shooting with an optic. head position, taking too long to break the shot etc.
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 12:31:40 PM »
2ahawaii represented with a 1st place finisher (not me).  And the end of match BBQ pics.

ren

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
2ahawaii represented with a 1st place finisher (not me).  And the end of match BBQ pics.

I'm guessing Heavies. Spotter was all buss up until the switch to golf tees  :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

mamalukino

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »
2 from Maui Represented also, both placing; 1 in 7.62 and 1 in 5.56.
Need to thank all of the folks from Kauai (Patrick Martin)and Oahu for putting this match together.
A big Mahalo for Jerry Yuen and crew.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:34:47 PM by mamalukino »
Life Member NRA

ren

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »
those are some nice plaques!  :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

mamalukino

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
Some plenny ono grinds on the beach after the match!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Life Member NRA

ren

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
Some plenny ono grinds on the beach after the match!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I saw that. I was so burnt and bummed over my shooting  :( had to go home and get some zzzz
Deeds Not Words