24%
Dan (Kaneohe GS).
28.1%
Dale (YoungGuns).
2.3%
One of the other guys.
8.2%
Total Members Voted

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu? (Read 98809 times)

macsak

Re: Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »
oh....my.....gawd.....
all this was about an ICON?
you need to go pray, or take more meds
or both...

Please.

Ok last reply.

What is the ICON next to the tissue?   A happy face?

Please.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »
What we should do is start banning members who have more than 1 account and post non constructive posts on threads.

:stopjack:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Trumper

« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »
What we should do is start banning members who have more than 1 account and post non constructive posts on threads.

:stopjack:

wah wah wah...you can dish it out but cant take it

Kingkeoni

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2013, 10:16:47 PM »
Why don't you mind your own business and allow this thread to do what it was intended to do. Make the public aware that not all gun stores are created equal.

This thread has basically set the bar and said that good prices are great but customer service is the priority.

Much like EVERY other business out there, customer reviews help people decide where to spend their money.

Have you ever heard of yelp, or google reviews, or yahoo reviews?

When you buy a car, go to Walmart or buy a burger com McDonald's, you're given the opportunity to voice your opinion on the level of customer service.

Everywhere you turn there are polls and reviews that expose bad customer service and reward good customer service.

The gun business is one of the few businesses out there that doesn't have the main stream reviews like most other businesses do.

A forum like this is a valuable tool that helps prospective buyers.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Q

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:06 PM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:55:13 AM by Q »

Q

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2013, 10:20:58 PM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:49:44 AM by Q »

Kingkeoni

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »
This thread has basically set the bar and said that good prices are great but customer service is the priority.

Much like EVERY other business out there, customer reviews help people decide where to spend their money.

Have you ever heard of yelp, or google reviews, or yahoo reviews?

When you buy a car, go to Walmart or buy a burger com McDonald's, you're given the opportunity to voice your opinion on the level of customer service.

Everywhere you turn there are polls and reviews that expose bad customer service and reward good customer service.

The gun business is one of the few businesses out there that doesn't have the main stream reviews like most other businesses do.

A forum like this is a valuable tool that helps prospective buyers.

ButtNutt

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
Dude, you got some fckin problems. He used a wacko SYMBOL. No where in this thread did he call you a wacko.

And as Macsak said, you are a guest here. If you don't like what is being said, either ignore the thread or remove yourself from the forum. You won't find any support if you ever unnecessarily disrespect any of the senior members like that again, and I'm pretty sure you will be banned from the site.

oh....my.....gawd.....
all this was about an ICON?
you need to go pray, or take more meds
or both...

Please.

I don't know if anyone figured this out yet, so this may not be news, but if you read posts on TAPATALK and someone uses various icons, you don't see the icons.  TAPATALK doesn't even recognize emoticons. So what we TAPATALK readers see when someone uses an icon on a post in a regular browser, is a word between two colons. So if you use the whacko icon in a post in safari or chrome or IE, TAPATALK users see :whacko:  you'll see :popcorn: :stopjack: :sleeping: :shake: :shaka: :cool: :thumbsup: those are most popular.  ......jus sayin....

TeamMidori

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
He's right. No emoticons. Jus those colons and words. Like :shakka:

I don't know if anyone figured this out yet, so this may not be news, but if you read posts on TAPATALK and someone uses various icons, you don't see the icons.  TAPATALK doesn't even recognize emoticons. So what we TAPATALK readers see when someone uses an icon on a post in a regular browser, is a word between two colons. So if you use the whacko icon in a post in safari or chrome or IE, TAPATALK users see :whacko:  you'll see :popcorn: :stopjack: :sleeping: :shake: :shaka: :cool: :thumbsup: those are most popular.  ......jus sayin....

sannixinc

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »
Time told the truth.
As KK stated, this was merely an informational thread. For you(anyone) to get offended by it, means that you have mistook/misunderstood/misread what this thread is about.

I'm 22 years old, am proud to be American, a Christian, and a firearms owner. And I also am proud to be able to decipher from informational, and harmful.

If this thread were harmful, three years ago, this thread would have been destroyed. But, being that it ISN'T, it is still open to this day for DISCUSSION, INFORMATION, and EQUALIZATION.

Every shop has a chance to stand up for themselves, or see what's being said  here and right the wrong.

It's up to you to see it.

#youngkid.
REALTALK.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »
Time told the truth.
As KK stated, this was merely an informational thread. For you(anyone) to get offended by it, means that you have mistook/misunderstood/misread what this thread is about.

I'm 22 years old, am proud to be American, a Christian, and a firearms owner. And I also am proud to be able to decipher from informational, and harmful.

If this thread were harmful, three years ago, this thread would have been destroyed. But, being that it ISN'T, it is still open to this day for DISCUSSION, INFORMATION, and EQUALIZATION.

Every shop has a chance to stand up for themselves, or see what's being said  here and right the wrong.

It's up to you to see it.

#youngkid.
REALTALK.

Exactly.

Honolulu firearms has managed to take the "Worst gun store" on Oahu and turned it around to one of the best gun stores.

They did this with superior customer service.

How do I know this?

Because many people have gone on this very thread and informed the public about the great experience they had there.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mmmorgalis64

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50:15 PM »
I've bought several guns, ammo, and accessories from different shops here in Oahu. Being from the mainland and Mississippi to be exact, it's a little difficult for me to get adjusted to the laws here. I'm used to going to the gunshow with a firearm and trading it or selling it with no paperwork, so this place came was a shock to me. But I do try to help the guys out that want to get a firearm or bring one to the islands and promote the LGS at work whenever I can.

Here's my experiences:

OGC: Bought 2 guns from them and did an FFL (my 1st) and it went smoothly. Those guys were very helpful and never had a problem with them, except parking at certain times, but i've learned that parking+Oahu=craptastic.
Young Guns: Very helpful, bought a lot of ammo from them, parking sucks sometimes, I park at ben Franklins and walk over.
Magnum: Bought 1 gun and was going to buy another, but whoever the salesman was told me he would have to go and see if they had it in the warehouse? But didn't feel like checking at the time, so I walked out. But other than that one time they've been very helpful.
KGS: I was told by the local guys I work with he was kinda off, I went and found that out for myself. Haven't been back.
Security HI: Very helpful guys.

I haven't been to the other shops yet, but I'm sure i'll make it around.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »
I've bought guns from every gun store in Hawaii except a couple of the very new ones.

Prices can be good at every gun store but I usually spend my money where I have the most fun.

For me that means, where I enjoy talking story with the employees or owners of the particular gun store.

I enjoy shooting and enjoy sharing and hearing stories about shooting and past or upcoming shooting events.

Bottom line for me is that I'll spend my money where I receive the best service and where the friendliest workers are.

sannixinc

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »
Exactly.

Honolulu firearms has managed to take the "Worst gun store" on Oahu and turned it around to one of the best gun stores.

They did this with superior customer service.

How do I know this?

Because many people have gone on this very thread and informed the public about the great experience they had there.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#1 Example, and best proof of what this thread, and threads like this, have done for the firearms economy on our island.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
I've bought guns from Honolulu Firearms and from Magnum.

Truth is that Brian was always super cool to talk to and very helpful. (Magnum days)

I knowingly overpaid for many guns there just because of that.

Customer service is king in any business where you're in front of customers.

TeamMidori

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »
Can someone please tell me who is who? I'm confused :wacko: :))
Funtimes,

I have a feeling a lot of the people causing all the BS on this forum share the same IP address.

flaboy808

« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2013, 11:06:14 PM »

I'm not surprised.   ;D
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

Kingkeoni

« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »

Honolulu firearms is located on queen st.

OGC is located on Kahai st.

X-Ring is located on Pupuole Pl.

Young guns is located on Paa st.

Security Equipment is located on Young St.

TeamMidori

« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2013, 11:09:23 PM »
Ur killin me bro

ButtNutt

« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »

He's right. No emoticons. Jus those colons and words. Like :shakka:
K....let me diffuse the tension in this thread with one off topic post, if the mods allow....
So you wanna hear da potogee moment of the year? 
Wen I first joined the forum recently, i immediately started using TAPATALK, and I saw all those words in colons.......so I started doing it too.  I didnt know what the hell i was doing but i was all cool like, yeah, im using the lingo....uhraight!  but had no idea they were originally icons! 
So anyway, I always got the thumbs up, shaka, cool, but I didn't know what some others were.  So i was like 'whats this :popcorn: shit' and said fuckit - im gonna google for online lingo or urban slang, and see what this is about. 
so, like a first class babooze, I looked up 'popcorn'........it said it alludes to drama........and it said sometimes people use popcorn icons or a string of them to signify someone's creating drama.......so I was like aw man, all these low rent posters, won't even shell out for the emoji keyboard app for their iPhones.....cheeeep city! LOL
So then for my next post, I was like, no more typing words in colons....im gonna use emoticons....yeah baby.  so i opened my emoji emoticons keyboard, and was like...yo, where's the friggin shakes, the popcorn, and the shakas, and the stopjack......then I was allll confused!
So I said, lemme go on safari and go post on the website so I could use "THEIR" icons......and when I started typing, and saw the icon selection......all of a sudden it hit me......and all that typing of words in colons, and thinking people were cheap for not using emoji, etc, all crystallized....and I said out loud...."IM A DOUCHE UH-BAAAGGG, and was rolling on the floor laughing......or I should say :ROFL:
K.....if no body laughed at that potogee story, they ain't got NO sense of humor........sorry mods.