Lahaina Burning (Read 4399 times)

Jl808

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

hvybarrels

Re: Lahaina Burning
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »
Kai Lenny is sneaking in supplies with his wave runner trying to not get arrested due to the slow and ineffective “official donations only” policy

It’s almost like they want people to leave and never come back

https://beachgrit.com/2023/08/daring-hawaiian-surfer-kai-lenny-savages-government-response-to-absolute-tragedy-in-maui-as-bureaucrats-block-urgent-deliveries-of-life-saving-medicine/
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

oldfart

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2023, 04:52:48 PM »
This island (Oahu) is ready to burn. There is a gulch near my house that burned about 20 years ago. It is super brown and dried up. Also, I drove down to Kapolei today and saw the entire countryside completely brown and ready to burn. Then I heard there was a brush fire and rescue at Kaena point.

Take a look at your own situation and take appropriate precautions.
What, Me Worry?

RSN172

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2023, 06:11:13 PM »
This island (Oahu) is ready to burn.

Take a look at your own situation and take appropriate precautions.

Where I live in rural Puna is not going to burn.  Real estate value here is too low for the ultra rich to bother with.

On the other hand, just about all of Oahu is worth bothering with.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2023, 07:12:48 PM »
The Andaya guy said that the sirens are for tsunamis.  Here in Mililani we have sirens.  I have one about a quarter mile away up the street.

I neva know tsunamis can reach the central part of Oahu.  But must be.  That's what the Andaya guy said.  Sirens are for tsunamis.  So we gotta believe and not question his credentials because he is a government official and is duly qualified.

Because if the sirens go off, I'm expected to run to the mountains.  Even if there is a wall of fire racing down towards me.  I supposed to say Ainokea.  I going run into the fire.

Because the sirens are for tsunamis.  And that's what the Andaya guy said.

In other words, no think for yourself.  Just do.  Let government think for you.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2023, 08:08:32 PM »
The Andaya guy said that the sirens are for tsunamis.  Here in Mililani we have sirens.  I have one about a quarter mile away up the street.

I neva know tsunamis can reach the central part of Oahu.  But must be.  That's what the Andaya guy said.  Sirens are for tsunamis.  So we gotta believe and not question his credentials because he is a government official and is duly qualified.

Because if the sirens go off, I'm expected to run to the mountains.  Even if there is a wall of fire racing down towards me.  I supposed to say Ainokea.  I going run into the fire.

Because the sirens are for tsunamis.  And that's what the Andaya guy said.

In other words, no think for yourself.  Just do.  Let government think for you.

Maybe Andaya should check the Hawaii government website for a quick review:

The all-hazard siren system can be used for a variety of  both natural and human-caused events;
including tsunamis, hurricanes, dam breaches, flooding, wildfires, volcanic eruptions, terrorist
threats, hazardous material incidents, and more.
https://dod.hawaii.gov/hiema/all-hazard-statewide-outdoor-warning-siren-system/
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2023, 06:19:11 AM »
Andaya and the water equity guy better move out of Hawaii. I think there might be a target on their back.

ren

Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2023, 06:57:28 AM »
Andaya and the water equity guy better move out of Hawaii. I think there might be a target on their back.

The water equity guy has "supporters" he ain't goin' nowea...
https://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Articles-Main/ID/39694/Buried-News-What-was-with-that-Hawaii-water-official-getting-showered-with-leis-from-supporters
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2023, 10:55:35 AM »
RE: the water guy...
I saw a report that said the water source that he controlled was not connected to the municipal water system and water drops were not possible due to high winds.
I don't know if this is true or not. There is so much BS nowadays.

I do however believe my classmate who worked for the Maui board of water supply though.
He told me that the fire melted gaskets on the hydrants, causing loss of water pressure.
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2023, 11:26:30 AM »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

RSN172

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2023, 01:19:25 PM »
Just read Josh Green showed his insensitivity when he showed up at a shelter eating shaved ice.LOL.

ren

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2023, 02:58:12 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/08/22/lawsuit-filed-over-reassignment-state-water-regulator-wake-maui-wildfire/
his supporters

Two Maui residents are suing the state Land Board chair over the reassignment of the state executive in charge of regulating surface water on Maui.

Kaleo Manuel was relieved as first deputy in charge of the state Water commission after a Maui landowner complained Manuel withheld permission to recharge some west Maui reservoirs to fight the Lahaina wildfire. Firefighters have said hydrants were dry, but the cause wasn’t clear.

Environmental and water rights advocates say they suspect pressure from developers led to Manuel’s removal.

The lawsuit said only the water commission can decide who acts as its chief regulator.
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2023, 07:18:41 PM »
Just read Josh Green showed his insensitivity when he showed up at a shelter eating shaved ice.LOL.

There's going to be a reckoning and I'm curious to see how he goes down.  :popcorn:

Politically of course. I do not wish violence on any person.

Rocky

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2023, 09:18:36 AM »
The Andaya guy said that the sirens are for tsunamis. 

The state's first sirens date back as early as 1940.
At the time, they were designed for military use in case of enemy attacks.
SJ Day anyone ?  ::)
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

zippz

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2023, 12:17:40 PM »
RE: the water guy...
I saw a report that said the water source that he controlled was not connected to the municipal water system and water drops were not possible due to high winds.
I don't know if this is true or not. There is so much BS nowadays.

I do however believe my classmate who worked for the Maui board of water supply though.
He told me that the fire melted gaskets on the hydrants, causing loss of water pressure.

It's plausible, and it should be investigated.  If he's innocent, then an apology is due.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2023, 05:18:48 PM »

i hope he brought enough for everybody.   :geekdanc:

https://youtu.be/bcokL59jeqU?si=IavPhbC1k8_EFhZ6
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 09:45:43 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2023, 05:53:04 PM »

When your heart is not in the right place, these things fly under the radar for these insensitive people.  His idol the POTUS just mentioned almost losing his corvette and cat from a 20 minute fire.

Like I said, you lose your empathy when your heart was never in the right place to begin with.  All show and no go.  SMH. :grrr:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2023, 07:09:23 PM »
Deeds Not Words

aieahound

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2023, 12:44:12 PM »
^
The likeness is uncanny