Was Lahaina part of the Agenda 2030 plan? (Read 9881 times)

Jl808

Re: Was Lahaina part of the Agenda 2030 plan?
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2023, 10:07:38 AM »
I can appreciate that position, but who really knows what are “conspiracy theories” and what are “conspiracy facts”?   

What was “conspiracy theories” 2 years ago are just being swept under the rug now by the people who should be held accountable.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2023, 10:10:37 AM »
In my opinion conspiracy theories like these are counter productive and insulting.  And people wonder why the democrats are in power.

Why is this a partisan issue?  And why is it only people other than Democrats you think agree with conspiracy theories?

So many conspiracy theories have been proven to be true lately, one should be skeptical whenever someone labels an opinion as such.  Is it really a crazy theory, or is it that the theory merely lacks publicly available evidence to prove it true?

I'm old enough to remember when Hillary called the attacks on her husband "a vast right wing conspiracy."  As far as I can see, every one of those conspiracies were correct.  Look at all the scandals from Clinton's 8 years.  Most were proven, and the rest were never disproven.

Why is it everything the Democrats accuse Republicans of warrants an investigation or impeachment, yet everything the Democrats are accused of are "conspiracy theories?"

I blame people who still trust the media.  If that's all you get from the "news", then that's what you will believe.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Jaco808

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2023, 10:15:07 AM »
did  a CTRL F for Democrat in this thread.....

Which side do you think is posting these ridiculous conspiracies?

Do you really think the government used lasers to destroy maui?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2023, 10:17:25 AM »

is it beyond the realm of possibilities that the radical left are posting these theories as if they are on the right so they can use them to smear the right?

Or is that just some crazy conspiracy theory?

"Ridiculous" is your opinion.  Most theories are based at least in part on fact.

Who spread the lie that Hunter Biden's laptop had all the earmarks  of a Russian misinformation campaign?  I believe that was the FBI and the Democrats who support Joe Biden.
-- Melvin Udall

QUIETShooter

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2023, 10:22:38 AM »
The passage of time will unveil many truths.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Jaco808

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2023, 10:22:50 AM »
I can appreciate that position, but who really knows what are “conspiracy theories” and what are “conspiracy facts”?   

What was “conspiracy theories” 2 years ago are just being swept under the rug now by the people who should be held accountable.

Most conspiracies are proven false, but the few more realistic ones that are true give too much credibility to them all.  We should be skeptical of many things but government officials drinking baby blood and using lasers to start fires are just ridiculous.   Just giving more fuel to the democrats to sway the independents. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2023, 10:32:58 AM »
Most conspiracies are proven false, but the few more realistic ones that are true give too much credibility to them all.  We should be skeptical of many things but government officials drinking baby blood and using lasers to start fires are just ridiculous.   Just giving more fuel to the democrats to sway the independents.

You think the people posting these crazy stories believe them?  Or do they just find them entertaining?

I think you take too many things on the Internet more seriously than intended.  And the media blows these things out of proportion.

When the people in government stop conspiring, maybe the theories will decrease.  Right now, they are doing everything in their power to stop Trump, including trying to schedule his court appearance in GA the week of Super Tuesday.  Isn't that election interference?  Or am I a nut for even considering it to be the case?
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2023, 10:52:13 AM »
If Democrats were any good at running the State then they wouldn't have to steal elections

"Elections have consequences, and stolen elections have catastrophic consequences." -Steve Bannon
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2023, 10:59:33 AM »

Do you really think the government used lasers to destroy maui?

did a CTRL F and the only person  that posted about lasers is you
Deeds Not Words

Jl808

Was Lahaina part of the Agenda 2030 plan?
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2023, 11:13:12 AM »
Best to find out is from the folks at Lahaina themselves.   Some of them have perished but there are a lot that are currently living like refugees. 

Before labeling their current trouble as just “conspiracy theories”, reach out to the affected to see what kind of plight they are in right now.  Maui is just a short flight over and you may know some people who have been affected by this.

> Permits to rebuild being stalled (told for a few years).

> Insurance companies being difficult in processing claims.

> Prevented by federal and state government from going back to their homes.

> No comms (internet or phones not working in the area)

> Neighbors or relatives having 20+ people stay with them

> State govt wanting to take control of the rebuilding of Lahaina

Lahaina folks have just been hit by a life changing event.   If the gov’t cant help, then at least get out of the way and let the Lahaina community start to rebuild. 

With them getting in the way and stating their plans for rebuilding Lahaina, it just makes them appear even more suspicious and malicious.

Perhaps a lot of the speculation is wrong.   Only time will tell.

The question is… who benefits?   Will the folks of Lahaina actually benefit or be harmed by government actions and inaction?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 11:21:12 AM by Jl808 »

QUIETShooter

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2023, 11:23:36 AM »
Conspiracy theories will continue to flourish as long as there is corruption in government.

Conspiracy theories start when people distrust their government.

Conspiracy theories are here to stay because government officials continue to game the system to their benefit, not the people they swore to protect and serve.

People used to say mainstream media being influenced by politics was a conspiracy theory.  Some people say it still is a conspiracy theory, but it looks pretty evident it's not.

Time always reveals the truth.

hvybarrels

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2023, 11:59:55 AM »
There used to be a gap of about a decade before the conspiracy theorists proved the fact checkers wrong. Now it's down to a few days.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Sodie

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2023, 12:41:36 PM »
Best to find out is from the folks at Lahaina themselves.   Some of them have perished but there are a lot that are currently living like refugees. 

Before labeling their current trouble as just “conspiracy theories”, reach out to the affected to see what kind of plight they are in right now.  Maui is just a short flight over and you may know some people who have been affected by this.

> Permits to rebuild being stalled (told for a few years).
They have to get through initial recovery and debris cleanup first, which is likely to take the better part of a year… at least.  If someone were to apply for a permit to rebuild right now, I would expect the county to not approve immediately.

> Insurance companies being difficult in processing claims.
Of course they are.  They ALWAYS are; they’ve got to protect themselves against fraud, or else EVERYBODY’S rates go up.

> Prevented by federal and state government from going back to their homes.
Maybe because the area is still very hazardous, and there are likely many many more sets of remains left to be recovered?

> No comms (internet or phones not working in the area)
Well, the entire infrastructure burned, so that might take a minute to come back.

> Neighbors or relatives having 20+ people stay with them
Would you rather have them in a “FEMA camp”?

> State govt wanting to take control of the rebuilding of Lahaina
Who said they wanted “to take control of the rebuilding,” and when?  The government is going to have a role in rebuilding, without a doubt.  “Taking control” seems like a bit of a stretch.

Lahaina folks have just been hit by a life changing event.   If the gov’t cant help, then at least get out of the way and let the Lahaina community start to rebuild. 

With them getting in the way and stating their plans for rebuilding Lahaina, it just makes them appear even more suspicious and malicious.

Perhaps a lot of the speculation is wrong.   Only time will tell.

The question is… who benefits?   Will the folks of Lahaina actually benefit or be harmed by government actions and inaction?

Jl808

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2023, 12:46:53 PM »
Thanks, Sodie.  I appreciate the response.

Sodie

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2023, 12:59:16 PM »
Conspiracy theories will continue to flourish as long as there is corruption in government.

Conspiracy theories start when people distrust their government.

Conspiracy theories are here to stay because government officials continue to game the system to their benefit, not the people they swore to protect and serve.

People used to say mainstream media being influenced by politics was a conspiracy theory.  Some people say it still is a conspiracy theory, but it looks pretty evident it's not.

Time always reveals the truth.

Conspiracy theories start, and thrive, for a number of reasons.  Some (a few?) are started by charismatic “true believers” that grossly overestimate their ability to weigh evidence and think critically, while ironically also believing that they’re the ONLY ones who can weigh evidence and think critically.  Some (a lot?) start when somebody realizes they can gain influence, money, or both, by trotting out a theory backed by ambiguous evidence and speculation.  (“Want to know the real truth? Buy my book/gadget/cure and/or subscribe to my social media feed!”). Some are started and/or spread by people who “just want to watch the world burn.”  Some are true (think global communist conspiracy during the Cold War), most don’t ever pan out.  In many cases, people sign on to them because they don’t want to believe that really bad things can just randomly happen; somebody MUST be behind it… and if they can only take the power back from those elites, they can stop the bad things from happening.

But they can’t, because bad things DO happen due to random chance, and if they’re exacerbated, it’s more often because of incompetence rather than malice.

You may think differently, and that’s ok… :shaka:

Jaco808

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2023, 01:32:36 PM »
Conspiracy theories start, and thrive, for a number of reasons.  Some (a few?) are started by charismatic “true believers” that grossly overestimate their ability to weigh evidence and think critically, while ironically also believing that they’re the ONLY ones who can weigh evidence and think critically.  Some (a lot?) start when somebody realizes they can gain influence, money, or both, by trotting out a theory backed by ambiguous evidence and speculation.  (“Want to know the real truth? Buy my book/gadget/cure and/or subscribe to my social media feed!”). Some are started and/or spread by people who “just want to watch the world burn.”  Some are true (think global communist conspiracy during the Cold War), most don’t ever pan out.  In many cases, people sign on to them because they don’t want to believe that really bad things can just randomly happen; somebody MUST be behind it… and if they can only take the power back from those elites, they can stop the bad things from happening.

But they can’t, because bad things DO happen due to random chance, and if they’re exacerbated, it’s more often because of incompetence rather than malice.

Perfectly put,  thanks. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2023, 01:42:49 PM »

You left out the #1 reason conspiracy theories start.  QUIETShooter was hitting on it, but he didn't get to the root problem.

If government were open, honest and as transparent as they claim, there would be no "information void."  Conspiracy theories and other assumptions develop in that void.

If we can't get the straight story early on, then people are going to deduce and assume whatever makes the most sense to them.  Sometimes it might seem what makes sense to the "nuts" is just crazy talk, but without the actual story, anything is possible.  Maybe not the most likely, but definitely possible.

Anyone who worked in a large organization should understand this.  Rumors start because the real information is not being shared below the top echelon.  Rumors can destroy a company faster than bad news that's real.
-- Melvin Udall

ren

Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2023, 03:47:57 PM »
https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-news/2022/12/the-year-in-review-maui-county-weathers-inflation-elections-and-public-corruption/

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/06/16/debrief-how-end-corruption-hawaiis-government-key-lawmakers-weigh/

Since someone mentioned Democrats. They've been in control forever - I think that is the problem.

The HNN article ended with "And it's time we stop this behavior".

Gee, maybe it's just me but I get the impression these asshats knew this shit was going on but did nothing about it till now.

Damn.  Government officials talking about moral compass.  Only in Hawaii.

My opinion of course.

hvybarrels

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2023, 04:19:57 PM »
“Conspiracy theorists” is a term invented by the CIA to smear anyone who notices that the government regularly works hand in hand with industry to commit crimes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird