Honolulu PD permit/reg. by appointment only (Read 70874 times)

Phazuka

Re: Honolulu PD permit/reg. by appointment only
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2020, 07:01:15 PM »
This is from the HPD site.

Valid photo identification.
    Permit to acquire application. You will need the Make, Model, Caliber, Type/Revolver/Semiautomatic etc, Barrel Length, and Serial Number. (Handguns only)
    Name, address, and telephone number of the seller.

Mental Health Waiver
    Medical Information Waiver
    Firearms Application/Questionnaire

Original Hunters Education card or an original Handgun Safety Training Course Affidavit. (Handguns only)
    Original documentation of proof of U.S citizenship if born outside the United States. (U.S. Passport, Naturalization Certificate, Born Abroad Birth Certificate)

You will also have to pay for the background check Fee (All permit applicants, firearms registration, out of state applicants, and law enforcement officers with personal firearms will be assessed a $43.25 one time fee. Cash / exact change or Credit Card.

There is a 14 day waiting period on all permits. After the 14-day waiting period, the permit will be valid for only 6 calendar days. Permits not picked up by the 6th day will be voided. Applicants will need to reapply and go through another 14-day waiting period, so please plan accordingly.

I am hoping that you booked your registration appointment already.  Normally you would pick up your permit, then go pick up your handgun, then come back within 5 days of picking up the gun to register it.  When you register it, you would bring the firearm and your permit.  They check it and have you sign the permit to acquire, then issue you the registration form.

Hope that makes sense.
It's crazy, my driver's license expires on the day after, May 14th, then I have to renew my license next week.  I'm going thru b. Hamazaki and x-ring securities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2020, 01:15:31 PM »
permit to acquire is out to 7 weeks now

changemyoil66

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »
Read iges 7th proc. Section about firearm reg and the 5 days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2020, 06:23:04 PM »
Read iges 7th proc. Section about firearm reg and the 5 days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You know what page it's on? That thing is 75 pages long

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2020, 08:20:21 PM »
You know what page it's on? That thing is 75 pages long

Sections 134-3(a) and (b), HRS, registration, mandatory, exceptions, to
the extent necessary such that the chiefs of police of the counties, in their sole
discretion, may suspend the deadline whereby a person must register a firearm
within five days after arrival in the State of the person or firearm, whichever
arrives later, and the deadline whereby a person acquiring a firearm pursuant to
section 134-2, HRS, must register the firearm within five days of acquisition.

SEVENTH* SUPPLEMENTARY PROCLAMATION
RELATED TO THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY
pg 18 of 34

*Also in the 6th supplement

https://governor.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2005024-ATG_Seventh-Supplementary-Proclamation-for-COVID-19-distribution-signed-1.pdf

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2020, 08:56:40 PM »
Gotta love that "may" word.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

stangzilla

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2020, 11:48:01 PM »

spz1

« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »
8 weeks now for handgun permit application appointment.

I skimmed this thread and saw it should schedule you for 3 appointments.  Made the first appointment and was only confirmed for 1 appointment so I manually added the other two, 2 weeks later (1 for permit pickup and 1 to register).    Anyone go through all this yet?

19pontiac79

« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2020, 12:33:28 PM »
8 weeks now for handgun permit application appointment.

I skimmed this thread and saw it should schedule you for 3 appointments.  Made the first appointment and was only confirmed for 1 appointment so I manually added the other two, 2 weeks later (1 for permit pickup and 1 to register).    Anyone go through all this yet?

My cousin scheduled his first to aquire and then he called the firearms dept about the pick up they said no need appt you pick up your permit between said date (2 weeks later) on the reg side but at the traffic records window not the firearms room. So he scheduled the reg appointment accordingly.

First thing I asked him was "did you get anybody's name"

Cousin:"no"

Me: long "you dumb ass" silent stare

Cousin: "shit"

Lol see what happens. He picks up the permit next week hopefully (no appointment)  and he scheduled the reg same day.

I'll quote myself and update here when he tells me how it goes :shaka:
"if can. Can. If no can. No can" - Uncles 😆
"Why? The ring no block the hole." - Uncle's 😘
"You can throw a rock any distance and you will hit a double standard. = LIFE" 🤷🏽‍♂️

stangzilla

« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2020, 01:47:08 PM »
I made 3 appts. 1 to acquire, 1 to pick up, 1 to register
When I went to pick up they asked if I had an appt
It depends who you ask down there, each officer has their own laws

BraddahJay

« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2020, 07:20:46 PM »
I went to renew my long gun permit about a week ago, and one of the officers said I didn't need to make an appointment to pick up, as long as I pick up within the given 5-day time frame. Oh well, now I gotta tell my girl that I have to buy a gun on the 26th since I made a registration appointment the same day I submitted an appointment for permit acquirement because I too was unsure about pick-ups needing appointments, but now I know no need. Hopefully, my "AR-14" PSA lower comes before the 26th.

nahp01

« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »
I've got a permit to acquire appointment for tomorrow morning at 9 am, that I won't be able to make due to work, if anyone wants/needs it. PM me and I'll go ahead and cancel it for you.

Kaikzilla

« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2020, 09:14:46 PM »
I need to renew my long gun permit but can’t find the link on HPD’s page to set an appt. can anybody steer me in the right direction. TIA

dogman

« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2020, 09:26:54 PM »
http://www.honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain

download 4 different forms from their website and fill them out before you go. will save some time when you get there.

Kaikzilla

« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »

Got it. Do I need to make an appt also or can I just go down with the forms?

stangzilla

« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2020, 05:12:54 AM »
Got it. Do I need to make an appt also or can I just go down with the forms?

You need appt to apply for permit to acquire and need appt to register. You may not need appt to pick up permit to acquire.

jomama

« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
Having HPD mail the permit to me worked ok.  If you don’t mind waiting the extra 3 days for it to arrive. Plus you gotta be home to sign for it.

Craig B

« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2020, 06:43:52 AM »
I am about to cancel the following appointment for tomorrow afternoon. If you have a need please feel free:

Permit to Acquire Firearms - 3 guns or less. Wednesday, May 27, 2020 1:50pm (10 minutes)

Craig B

19pontiac79

« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2020, 09:31:29 AM »
I am about to cancel the following appointment for tomorrow afternoon. If you have a need please feel free:

Permit to Acquire Firearms - 3 guns or less. Wednesday, May 27, 2020 1:50pm (10 minutes)

Craig B

Curious. Has anybody seen their cancelled time pop back up on the available times list?
"if can. Can. If no can. No can" - Uncles 😆
"Why? The ring no block the hole." - Uncle's 😘
"You can throw a rock any distance and you will hit a double standard. = LIFE" 🤷🏽‍♂️

changemyoil66

« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
Curious. Has anybody seen their cancelled time pop back up on the available times list?

You're expecting too much from HPD.