SDVA What if scenarios (Read 3210 times)

zippz

SDVA What if scenarios
« on: December 08, 2018, 12:31:57 PM »
Good video explaining why reviewing and analyzing video scenarios are important.  You don't have time to think when you're faced with a sudden life and death scenario so you think about it before it happens.  This is why I put these SDVA videos here so you can prep for the worst.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

Re: SDVA What if scenarios
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
He makes some good points.  One that caught my attention was that "survivability is predicated on ability to see the threat early and make quick decisions".  Recognition of the threat is something that I've found that is key. 

When I was more active training in combatives, we'd do drills or scenario based training.  Then we'd mix in some randomness and induced stress.  For example, there would be say 4-5 of us hitting bags and then have attackers with a variety of weapons staging behind them.  You'd have to turn and recognize the threat and react/disarm accordingly.  Many times, you know how to perform the disarm for a particular threat after many reps, but I've found that it's pretty common to have a sort of "brain pause/freeze" while recognizing the threat.  Take that a step further and the training is where you know there is going to be an attack, but whereas in reality it probably will be random, unprovoked, and happen very fast. That that pause in recognition can be the difference.   

I've noticed similar in real life with regard to lacking ability to ascertain the threat and make quick decisions.  For example, I've been at a venue where shots were fired a couple of times.  Both times, I didn't realize that shots had been fired until well after the threat had passed.  As it turned out, the group I was with was never in real danger, but none of us realized it until much later. 

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
I run through What If scenarios all the time. Nothing wrong with being prepared as long as it doesn't become an obsession.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 07:21:19 PM »
I run through What If scenarios all the time. Nothing wrong with being prepared as long as it doesn't become an obsession.
Some say paranoia. Until shtf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »
Some say paranoia. Until shtf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am usually carrying two knives, two sources of light, at least one source of fire, and a few other goodies.