Deputy Sheriffs, corrections officers using guns and ammo that violate state policy (Read 5145 times)

6716J

Another case of rules for the, not for me.

So will the state take away all those evil death kill guns from the state employees? Or... Will they be allowed to continue to break policy?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/04/24/deputy-sheriffs-corrections-officers-using-guns-ammo-that-violate-state-policy/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here is the current policy
https://dps.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/COR.08.05.pdf
It ONLY references revolvers
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:02:50 AM by 6716J »
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Heavies

This has to be a joke.... 

punaperson

Oh, come on... rules schmules! We don't need no stinkin' rules!

I'm sure that shortly the AG will issue a "clarification letter" demonstrating that it's all a big misunderstanding... of the rules. Where the rules say "cannot" or "must" it really means "may". Anyone who can't understand that, well... you no can.

What a joke!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

zippz

More evil guns
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

punaperson

Legal, Department approved handgun:

Illegal, Department NOT approved handgun:

"I dunno, they look the same to me."

changemyoil66

Ambulance chaser atty getting in line. They used a "more deadly" bullet.

Heavies

Ambulance chaser atty getting in line. They used a "more deadly" bullet.

I really laughed at the report.  I'd rather have the 147grn, and that's what I use.  better penetration, less recoil.  right bullet for the job needed IMHO.  I thought the 124s was standard issue anyway.  I have a case of it, but research showed it doesn't perform too well out of shorter barrel pistols. 

Even the other "report" was idiotic.  They bought SIG ARs instead of Colt ARs....   it's the same F*kn thing... lol,  bean counters don't know any better I guess...

hvybarrels

Rules are for plebs
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

oldfart

sounds like an admin problem.

DPS transitioned to 9mm a long time ago.
I'm surprised they got issued Sig v-crown ammo... Pricey stuff.

What, Me Worry?

macsak

sounds like an admin problem.

DPS transitioned to 9mm a long time ago.
I'm surprised they got issued Sig v-crown ammo... Pricey stuff.

recent federal requests for proposals like the MHS initially contained wording that said the system had to include ammo
this led to a few proposed licensing deals, for example, HK branded ammo
 :geekdanc:

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
This has to be a joke....
No the joke is the state of Hawaiis administration! And didnt they just vote on the top guy keeping his job Espinda? Voted yes STILL! Yes heavies it is a joke run by a bunch of jokers! Lose money.... Literally

changemyoil66

So fire sales on P320s and ammo?

Flapp_Jackson

So fire sales on P320s and ammo?

Close ..... they'll be thrown in a really hot fire/furnace.

Can't let more guns out on the "streets."
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

G35soldier

They should ask the criminals which round they would prefer to be shot with.  Seems as though criminals get a lot of consideration here🤷🏽‍♀️

oldfart

They should ask the criminals which round they would prefer to be shot with.  Seems as though criminals get a lot of consideration here🤷🏽‍♀️
Good one :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

Now I ask you ...
Would you give a fuck whether the son-of-a-bitch
who shot you used an approved bullet?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

Now I ask you ...
Would you give a fuck whether the son-of-a-bitch
who shot you used an approved bullet?

It's more for the ambulance chaser attorneys.  "My client was shot with a non-approved firearm and a "more deadly" non-approved bullet by an officer".

Let's not include that the guy was trying to escape.  Always start the blame with the gun being fired and not what lead to the shot.

tillamook

how about silver bullets?
(the rhino I used to own)

RSN172

how about silver bullets?
(the rhino I used to own)

You need them to kill vampires.

Rocky

They also claim the 12 ga to e a "Less Lethal" weapon.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/video/2019/03/27/public-safety-admits-it-has-dozens-less-lethal-weapons-none-available-deputies-patrol/

Energy at the muzzle of a personal-defense .45 ACP round is usually about 400-450 ft.-lbs.,
Hornady offers a .45 ACP +P load that sends a 200-grain bullet out of the barrel at a scorching 1,055 fps, resulting in muzzle energy of 494 ft.-lbs.
9mm is negligible when both are compared to a 12-gauge shotgun
Standard personal-defense shotgun load throws nine 00-buckshot pellets at a muzzle velocity of 1,200 fps.
Starting with the overall payload of 1.107 ounces, we find an almost frighteningly high energy of 1,547 ft.-lbs.    :o
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt