. (Read 13240 times)

BUD

Re: Selling Price of Firearms
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 08:17:56 AM »
I am Chinese.....Start high and bargin....

or if youre selling I automatically low ball the crap out of you.

It's not my fault. Its in the blood.

Nice one!  :thumbsup:
It is what it is.

splice21

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 11:37:49 AM »
Not going to bitch about prices being unfair and what not, as I wholeheartedly believe that if you do not like what is posted in classifieds, and if the seller does not like your offer, you simply go away. But I will acknowledge that contrary to popular belief these days, firearms depreciate in value, just like cars, the minute you step out the door. It may not be as substantial, but they lose value nonetheless. And used firearms depreciate at an even faster rate. News to those who don't know: the craze is over, prices and availability are starting to stabilize, and if you were panic buying and/or looking to capitalize on it, sorry it didn't work out for you and you missed your chance to make some money.

Just out of common courtesy, I will offer you this advice: unless the firearm is deemed of historical or sentimental  value, is extremely rare, or the demand is astronomical, no one in their right mind (who is well versed in purchasing firearms) is going to buy a gun for the price you bought it at, unless it fits the categories above. Out the door, it loses value; with each subsequent shot, it loses value; with extended wear and tear, it loses value. So don't be surprised if no one is interested in buying your firearm well within a few hundred dollars of the asking price, as many are genuinely considering these factors. When selling ones firearms, Its always safe to predict that you will take a loss.

Moral of the story is: Don't get all butt hurt when people make you offers you don't like, especially when they are the ones who do the research and know what the firearm is truly worth.

+1

808gmac

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »

I think gongho is the ultimate price buster though. :D

aieahound

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »
I agree 100% with Q's initial post.

But keep in mind, there are still some great deals to be found in the classifieds from upstanding 2A members.

One more thing,
We need to change the rules so that kingkeoni can make one smartassed remark per overpriced listing. For my entertainment.

+1 on this one.

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
One more thing,
We need to change the rules so that kingkeoni can make one smartassed remark per overpriced listing. For my entertainment.

I thought this was already a rule ......

He wouldn't be breaking the current rules, would he? ? !! !? ?   

>:D        ???        >:D        ???        >:D        ???       
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Kingkeoni

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »
I thought this was already a rule ......

He wouldn't be breaking the current rules, would he? ? !! !? ?   

>:D        ???        >:D        ???        >:D        ???     

Nah.

Breaking the rules would be all the queefs that have multiple accounts because they're too mahu to post comments with their account name.

What I do is necessary.  :thumbsup:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »

Dex I got you beat..I'm chinese and Jewish. ..the saying goes something like "he grabs the nickle so hard he makes the buffalo cry"
I can't help the bargaining and low balls I offer what I go, rather what allowances my wife allows me to spend

1voyager1

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
The seller of anything is allowed to ask any price they want for it.
The buyer is allowed to offer anything they want to give for it.
If they cannot reach an agreement they both walk away.

It happens to me all the time.
I always over value anything I'm selling and under value anything I'm buying.
That's my choice.
An armed society is a polite society.

Q

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:15:50 PM by Q »

1voyager1

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
I may have missed something before I posted.
I only read the first post in this thread.
I do that very often.

If they want to increase the price over the amount they are advertising it for, they should pull the ad for at least several days before re-posting it at what ever price they think they want for it.

You are correct.
There is no excuse for getting rude because you do not see eye to eye on the value of what is being sold.
From what you've said, my feeling is that there was some underlying reason for the item being offered for sale.
Possibly a financial need forcing the sale of something they're not wanting to sell.
But, I think it boils down to the fact that they did not want to sell it, what ever the reason.
You'll note that they probably still have it.

Thanks for the welcome.

An armed society is a polite society.

jc2721

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
Dex I got you beat..I'm chinese and Jewish. ..the saying goes something like "he grabs the nickle so hard he makes the buffalo cry"
I can't help the bargaining and low balls I offer what I go, rather what allowances my wife allows me to spend
How was copper wire invented?

Q

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:27:36 PM by Q »