Dammit, Genki!!! (Read 9885 times)

Tom_G

Dammit, Genki!!!
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:49:12 PM »
Looks like they have identified the source of the Hep A outbreak.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Surf

Re: Dammit, Genki!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:19:16 PM »
Too bad.  On a side note the founder of Genki loves to shoot. 

Q

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:41:54 AM »
No genki for me because of keto diet.

Did get Hep-A in Afghanistan though; not a fun experience

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:01:08 AM »
Well, hopefully now that they found the source, that they'll get this under control.

Funny how long they took to figure this out.  Before this news even became public, a friend warned us about previously frozen fish (she was guessing ahi) as a suspected cause of the Hep-A.  That was on July 1 and they had already suspected Genki, Foodland and Sushi Bay.  I believe she runs tests that screens blood.  Why did it take so damn long for them to track it down when it seemed like they knew something was up well over a month ago.  Yeah, I get that a false-positive would ruin business for those establishments, but something must have come to light for them to suspect the source and those places.  Well, it wasn't previously frozen ahi, but close. 

ren

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:32:15 AM »
Well, no more raw fish for me.
Liver failed a few years ago. That was not a good trip. Wasn't Hep A but jaundice kicked in cuz that part of me wasn't working. Scary.
Deeds Not Words

London808

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:34:33 AM »
Liver failed a few years ago. That was not a good trip. Wasn't Hep A but jaundice kicked in cuz that part of me wasn't working. Scary.

My people had fire a long time ago, Food is meant to be cooked.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
No genki for me because of keto diet.

Did get Hep-A in Afghanistan though; not a fun experience

Even with the mandatory vaccination?

Maybe getting rid of the Gamma globulin vaccine wasn't such a smart thing?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »

which kind of people is that?
Deeds Not Words

London808

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »
which kind of people is that?

White Europeans,
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Heavies

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
White Europeans,

What about THIS?

:oops: :o :oops: :o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
That sucks.  Liver failure is terrible and pretty darn scary.  I've heard of people who need regular dialysis and even a day without power can put their health at risk.  Hope your condition is manageable.   :(

If you have access to fresh meats, cooking is just an optional way for food preparation. 

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 02:11:25 PM »
What about THIS?

:oops: :o :oops: :o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The sesame seeds look roasted.  He can have those. . .  ;D :P

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »
That sucks.  Liver failure is terrible and pretty darn scary.  I've heard of people who need regular dialysis and even a day without power can put their health at risk.  Hope your condition is manageable.   :(
If you have access to fresh meats, cooking is just an optional way for food preparation.

Um, dialysis is for kidney disease/failure.  Liver disease is usually treated with medications and for total failure, transplants.

If detected early enough, acute liver failure caused by an overdose of acetaminophen can sometimes
be treated and its effects reversed. Likewise, if a virus causes liver failure, supportive care can be given at a hospital
to treat the symptoms until the virus runs its course. In these cases, the liver will sometimes recover on its own.

For liver failure that is the result of long-term deterioration, the initial treatment goal may be to save whatever part of
the liver is still functioning. If this is not possible, then a liver transplant is required. Fortunately, liver transplant is a
common procedure that is often successful.
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 02:18:02 PM »
Um, dialysis is for kidney disease/failure.  Liver disease is usually treated with medications and for total failure, transplants.
Made a little bit of a leap/transition there.  Anyways, any sort of organ failure is scary. 

London808

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »
I have 2 rules when it comes to food,

It has to be cooked,
If it dident have a face im not a fan. I will eat vegetables with my meat but i will not eat a salad.

drck1000

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 02:49:12 PM »
I have 2 rules when it comes to food,

It has to be cooked,
If it dident have a face im not a fan. I will eat vegetables with my meat but i will not eat a salad.

;D

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »

Food science historians (forget the title of their speciality) say that cooking food is what helped us evolve to be smarter. It makes foods easier to chew, digest, and absorb nutrients. Monkeys spend something like 40% of their awake time chewing food. More free time, better nutrition, etc. Arguably we have evolved to survive on cooked food.

ren

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 05:18:45 PM »
Made a little bit of a leap/transition there.  Anyways, any sort of organ failure is scary.

I admit is was scary. How was I supposed to pay for all this ? (I'm Chinese)
Then my tending Dr. put it bluntly, "Did you want to see a priest or something? - you know last rites"  They couldn't find a reason(s) why my liver and kidneys were failing. I don't do drugs nor drink - maybe I should've?! Then it dawned on me that I may not have to pay for all this if things went THAT way.  :rofl:
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »
Then my tending Dr. put it bluntly, "Did you want to see a priest or something? - you know last rites"  They couldn't find a reason(s) why my liver and kidneys were failing. I don't do drugs nor drink - maybe I should've?! Then it dawned on me that I may not have to pay for all this if things went THAT way.  :rofl:

What's the worse thing they can do if you don't pay?  Repossession? 

Sometimes the problem is just a chemical imbalance that occurs naturally.  Not everyone's body operates according to spec!

So I assume they gave you meds to resolve the chemical imbalance or deficiency and everything healed themselves?  Were you taken off the meds?
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
Damn! That's some heavy stuff!

Sorry, but I had a little chuckle about your thoughts about avoiding paying for the medical care. Haha.

In any case, hope your doing better!