Dammit, Genki!!! (Read 9896 times)

Q

Re: Dammit, Genki!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 07:03:42 PM »
Even with the mandatory vaccination?

Maybe getting rid of the Gamma globulin vaccine wasn't such a smart thing?

I assumed the same, but i can't find anything my records to indicate Hep-A vaccination prior to deployment.

Explains the epidemic that spread through our FOB; symptoms perfectly describe the worse of Hep-A, and Asia is a breeding ground for those types of viruses.

Really freaked me out when I got my blood work done in June because my doc suspected I had Hep-A due to high liver enzymes, and a week later the outbreak started.

But she confirmed my suspicions that it was likely my diet, though I did contract the virus sometime previously , hence my suspicion of what happened in Afghanistan.

ren

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 10:23:43 PM »
What's the worse thing they can do if you don't pay?  Repossession? 

Sometimes the problem is just a chemical imbalance that occurs naturally.  Not everyone's body operates according to spec!

So I assume they gave you meds to resolve the chemical imbalance or deficiency and everything healed themselves?  Were you taken off the meds?

they repossessed my gall bladder :(
Like Q I had high liver enzymes as a cue to something wrong with my liver. I had a fever of 104 for about 2.5 weeks and my primary doc couldn't find a reason till they drew blood.
Deeds Not Words

Big All

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liberalism is a Mental Disorder!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 06:34:24 AM »
I admit is was scary. How was I supposed to pay for all this ? (I'm Chinese)
Then my tending Dr. put it bluntly, "Did you want to see a priest or something? - you know last rites"  They couldn't find a reason(s) why my liver and kidneys were failing. I don't do drugs nor drink - maybe I should've?! Then it dawned on me that I may not have to pay for all this if things went THAT way.  :rofl:
It's easy to pay for your medical now. Just enroll in Obama Care. They'll pay for it and then dump the Obummer Care.
I hate Hillary.

Sodie

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 06:31:12 PM »
Um, dialysis is for kidney disease/failure.  Liver disease is usually treated with medications and for total failure, transplants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_dialysis

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_dialysis

Interesting.  Been around since 2005.  Learned something new///
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall