My Own little farm (Read 75592 times)

PeaShooter

Re: My Own little farm
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2017, 10:56:03 AM »
Maybe they were constipated so now it all comes out.

The bacon and eggs and roasted quail look very tasty. Do you fry the bacon in the same takoyaki pan?

London808

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2017, 08:03:07 PM »
Maybe they were constipated so now it all comes out.

The bacon and eggs and roasted quail look very tasty. Do you fry the bacon in the same takoyaki pan?

I have a flat pan that goes on top of the takoyaki maker (replaces the dimpled one). I used that to cook the bacon and then swamped to the dimpled one.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2017, 08:05:42 PM »
31 chicks = a lot of food and a lot of water changes.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2017, 11:02:14 AM »
Deviled quails eggs

London808

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
Put a 5ftx2ft cage inside my quail pen so i can move some juveniles out to it. Moved 8 from the brooder pen and moved 10 from the pool to replace them.

I need more cages so thats my goal this month im gona build 3 more 5x2 cages each one should be able to hold 10-15 quails
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:28:08 AM by London808 »

London808

« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2017, 03:29:59 PM »
DAY 1 :morning,

London808

« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »
Day 1 : Afternoon

London808

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2017, 10:25:05 AM »
Garden is coming along, We planted some seeds and i got some pre grown out that were cheap so added them.

Also bought a grow box from sams to put at the front fence, Again some of these were seeds the others were store bought, I have no problem with buying starters the cost (around $1.50) to me is worth it and it gives instant gratification. NEXT YEAR tho im gona try do almost all seeds.

We have had this grow bed for about 5 years now and before it was growing mostly basil and green onions,  This year its gone to sweet potattos, My wife sproted these slips and we planted them. This will be the last year for this bed as im going to take it out and replace ti with an aquaponics system.
This bed was made from regular un treated pine boards you would buy at any hardware store, we got great use out of them for the price. My wife painted them.

London808

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2017, 10:32:16 AM »
K, so all the mainland quails are outside. Added all the females to the pen for a ttoal of 26 quails in it for now, Tha mails i kept 4 and butchered the rest,

I made another quail cage to go in the rack it is 60 inchs X 24 inchs and is split into 3 20 inch sections, This will be for my breeding stock,

Right now iim getting about 14-16 eggs a day, the mainland quail have just started laying but due to the moving around i think laying from everyone might slow down a bit for a few days,

I got this butchering thing down, I can harvest a quail in less then 5 minutes now.

changemyoil66

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »
London, did you or your family have an issue with eating them knowing you pet them and raised them 1st?  For me, I buy at the market so out of sight, out of mind.

London808

« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »
London, did you or your family have an issue with eating them knowing you pet them and raised them 1st?  For me, I buy at the market so out of sight, out of mind.

I hatched these guys from eggs with the intention of them being food, These were at no point pets. My 8 year old daughter gives them all names and every 1 is called dinner.

I understand how some people could have a problem eating them tho. (personally i think they are crazzy)

aieahound

« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »
Post-butchering, they sure look good.

London808

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2017, 08:12:45 AM »
Post-butchering, they sure look good.

These guys will be dinner tonight, will try and grab a photo before I eat it lol.

changemyoil66

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »
I hatched these guys from eggs with the intention of them being food, These were at no point pets. My 8 year old daughter gives them all names and every 1 is called dinner.

I understand how some people could have a problem eating them tho. (personally i think they are crazzy)

I'm a total cement building guy, so getting to actually see these pics is an eye opener for me.  I mean I see pics of cows and chickens, but never side by side as the dinner product. 

London808

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »
I'm a total cement building guy, so getting to actually see these pics is an eye opener for me.  I mean I see pics of cows and chickens, but never side by side as the dinner product.

Oh I'm a concrete jungle guy myself, I do t live in an AG zone I do t have acres, I have 3300sf on the outskirts of Waikiki. For me it's all about doing what you can where you can.

A lot of people dont realize how much food you can grow in a small area, you could comftablly keep 4-6 quails in a 2ftx2ft cage and have fresh eggs everyday. I have kits that o have been selling for people to do just that.

The best  Thing wth quails is they are not farm animals so there is no zoning restrictions. It's no different then keeping parrots, pod grins or love birds.

London808

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »
I'm trying gorillas garding right now as well, planting food stuff is public places, so that they can grow and any one can harvest them.

London808

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »
AND THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

London808

« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2017, 06:30:39 PM »
Oh and this.

littlemisssunshine

« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2017, 07:14:42 PM »
I wish I have my own little farm as well, but I am really not into gardening.
You can surely save money with that, as some of the veggies and meat that you need is just in your backyard.
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."
A network analyst at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.

London808

« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
Got 6 or 7 more to process tomorrow. Basic rule is if it has a penis it has to go as all they do is eat sleep and fuck. And well that aint making eggs.