Gout , Diabetes, Cancer and more ! (Read 12996 times)

MMM

Re: Gout , Diabetes, Cancer and more !
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:35 AM »
regardless of types of diets; sugar in all its forms seem to affect a lot of things negatively. that's the main thing i'm cutting out.

Fructose: An important player in the development of gout
While fructose in naturally occurring amounts is relatively benign, research has shown that higher intakes of fructose may mediate many of the abnormalities seen in the metabolic syndrome, including elevated triglycerides, due to increases in uric acid production. (7) A recent study confirmed the uric acid–elevating potential of fructose ingestion, both by producing excess uric acid and reducing its excretion in the urine. (8)

While some uric acid in the blood is normal, providing a level of antioxidant protection, excess uric acid is a pro-oxidant and the major causative factor for gout. Some researchers even suggest that this excess uric acid in the blood is a major factor in the development of insulin resistance and metabolic diseases. (9) So if you’re avoiding excess fructose consumption from high fructose corn syrup and excess sucrose (table sugar), you’ll be at a lower risk for gout that someone who’s washing their burger down with a can of coke.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »
I been helping people with Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Cancer for years. call me if you need help.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

Drakiir84

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »
my doc's been monitoring my test results for a few years. she was especially concerned about me going on a keto diet and even tested(twice) my carotid arteries for build up since starting my diet and have no issues. lol! she's kinda baffled at my test results from where i was, to where i am now.

if you were on a similar diet, it may not be a ketogenic diet. a lot of people say it's the same as a paleo or atkins but, can tell you it is far from it. i test my pee with ketostix daily to check my ketone levels. you wouldn't get the same results on an atkins or paleo. ketosis is way different.    :shaka:

I've heard about the same concerns from doctors working on faulty data.  I've been on Keto since January and so far I've lost 30 pounds and my high blood pressure is now normal without any meds. 
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

littlemisssunshine

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
Thanks for sharing those links, I must say that I've learned a lot.
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."
A network analyst at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies.

hvybarrels

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »
If you have something that works then stick with it until it doesn't!

As for me I'm mostly plant based, but hate the V word and refuse to live under a label. If there's an Imu or someone catches some local fish then I'm all over it, but that's kind of rare and I'm definitely not seeking it out.

Last year I had multiple surgeries and went back on the Kualoa beef to help recover, but as of last month switched back to mostly plants. The number one reason is most of the meat here is terrible quality and full of factory farm poisons and antibiotics. I get a variety of different proteins from beans, hemp seeds, and leafy greens. The combinations of proteins keeps me satisfied, but obviously not easy to find in the land of the plate lunch. Also a challenge is not eating cookies and rice all day since I also have to limit carbs so I don't blow up like a balloon.  A lot of the pre-packaged V-friendly stuff at the store is just salt, sugar, and carbs dressed up in yuppie marketing.

The benefits are more energy and a clear head. The only downside is the inconvenience, but that can be mitigated. It really pushes my limits as a cook and despite a few screw ups my kitchen game has really improved, and it's made me a better gardener as well.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

MMM

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
If you have something that works then stick with it until it doesn't!

As for me I'm mostly plant based, but hate the V word and refuse to live under a label. If there's an Imu or someone catches some local fish then I'm all over it, but that's kind of rare and I'm definitely not seeking it out.

Last year I had multiple surgeries and went back on the Kualoa beef to help recover, but as of last month switched back to mostly plants. The number one reason is most of the meat here is terrible quality and full of factory farm poisons and antibiotics. I get a variety of different proteins from beans, hemp seeds, and leafy greens. The combinations of proteins keeps me satisfied, but obviously not easy to find in the land of the plate lunch. Also a challenge is not eating cookies and rice all day since I also have to limit carbs so I don't blow up like a balloon.  A lot of the pre-packaged V-friendly stuff at the store is just salt, sugar, and carbs dressed up in yuppie marketing.

The benefits are more energy and a clear head. The only downside is the inconvenience, but that can be mitigated. It really pushes my limits as a cook and despite a few screw ups my kitchen game has really improved, and it's made me a better gardener as well.

that's going on the right track. the reason you have more energy and clarity is probably because your brain is running on ketones vs. glucose. carbs and sugars really have no nutritional value and your body can make what you need via gluconeogenesis. ketones are crazy good for mental focus, clarity and mood as well as boundless energy. fat is my preferred source of energy as i can store more than i need from body fat for energy but, your body must be "fat adapted" to prefer fat over glucose. the cool side effect of using all your exogenous fat/food  is that your body switches to burning fat once depleted. i've also added in 16/8 intermittent fasting in the past 2 months. easy! well....after the 3rd day. lol! kinda cool. can eat all you like but limited to an 8 hour eating window. stepped on the scale and found out i lost another 15lbs in the 2 months!

London808

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
I did it with a ketogenic diet, against the recommendations of every type of doctor I encountered. In fact, I adhered to a strict ketogenic diet, which is sub-20 carbohydrates a day, and 80-85% of my caloric intake consisting of dietary fats, again against the recommendations of my doctors, and I proved them all wrong.

Was just talking to my wife about the viking or medieval diet,  Looks like this is almost the same thing.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016