Schatz Town Hall (Read 322 times)

changemyoil66

Schatz Town Hall
« on: April 18, 2017, 08:57:17 AM »
If I knew he was doing this also, I would have brought the generic letter he sends to everyone that states "he supports the 2a, but believes in restrictions for the safety of Hawaii".

And asked him that he feels its ok to violate the 2a.

oldfart

Re: Schatz Town Hall
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
On the news last night he said North Korea should aim for the mainland because Hawaii is smaller and thus harder to hit. We're safe. :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

punaperson

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:55:35 AM »
If I knew he was doing this also, I would have brought the generic letter he sends to everyone that states "he supports the 2a, but believes in restrictions for the safety of Hawaii".

And asked him that he feels its ok to violate the 2a.
The article I read suggested that the "questions" were "pre-selected" (just like Tulsi's "town hall" meetings), so it's unlikely that the public will ever hear such a question, much less even the vague generic doublespeak these politicians spout in response. At Tulsi's "events" the staff member "pre-selecting" the questions the public gets to hear (and which ones they don't) assures everyone that if their question does not get asked publicly they will receive an email answer. Gee thanks. We all know what those are like.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
The article I read suggested that the "questions" were "pre-selected" (just like Tulsi's "town hall" meetings), so it's unlikely that the public will ever hear such a question, much less even the vague generic doublespeak these politicians spout in response. At Tulsi's "events" the staff member "pre-selecting" the questions the public gets to hear (and which ones they don't) assures everyone that if their question does not get asked publicly they will receive an email answer. Gee thanks. We all know what those are like.

We should do the old switch-o-rue.  Tell them we do not support Trump and are against all his policies.  Then when actually given the mike, change it up.  I would love to see the look on his face.

punaperson

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:31:14 PM »
We should do the old switch-o-rue.  Tell them we do not support Trump and are against all his policies.  Then when actually given the mike, change it up.  I would love to see the look on his face.
That's exactly why I commented on the Tulsi thread that I noticed that the "assistants" never relinquished control of the mics to the speakers (in one case the woman about to speak reached for the mic and the "assistant" moved it out of her reach, delivering the message that only "officials" have control of the means of communication)... they kept firm hold of it and could remove it from the speaker mid-sentence if need be. That would have been my strategy: submit some seemingly softball question that would make Tulsi/Schatz look good and then ask the real question, an unapproved question. I'm guessing, given the standing ovation for Tulsi, that the crowd would turn on anyone adopting such a strategy and shout them down... but perhaps I unfairly denigrate the collectivist hive creatures.

RSN172

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »
Our senators.  People to be proud of. >:(

ren

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 09:25:41 PM »
I don't like that smug look
Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Now take this empty glass. Here it is: peaceful, serene, boring.

punaperson

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »
I don't like that smug look
They know they are in for life, just like their predecessors... what's not to be smug about?