Hawaii News Now: More applicants falsifying (Read 10877 times)

London808

Re: Hawaii News Now: More applicants falsifying
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »
Hawaii County registered almost twice (1.85) as many firearms relative to total population as Honolulu C&C. Also had 4 times the denial rate (3.2% to 0.8%). That must mean something...

I defy anyone to present anything remotely resembling a rational evidence-based argument as to why cannabis users (either medical or recreational (talk about the absurdity of "government permits"!)) should be denied the ability to keep and bear arms, while all those people knocking back alcohol (some on a daily basis) may exercise the right without government threat. Keep in mind that at least a few of the guys who wrote and signed the damn Constitution apparently consumed cannabis... wonder what they'd have to say about the state and federal ban laws? Not that any government bureaucrat/politician in Hawaii would care in the slightest what the Founding Fathers said or meant...

If you get a DUI or any drugs charge you become prohibited and will need to get a doctor to sign off saying that you are no longer adversely affected by drugs or alcohol. Same as you would with a medical card, You would need to get a doctor to sign off you are no longer under its effects.

Remember that cannabis is still illegal no matter if you have a medical card or not.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »
If you get a DUI or any drugs charge you become prohibited and will need to get a doctor to sign off saying that you are no longer adversely affected by drugs or alcohol. Same as you would with a medical card, You would need to get a doctor to sign off you are no longer under its effects.

Remember that cannabis is still illegal no matter if you have a medical card or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

punaperson

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 06:19:47 AM »

Yeah, I know what the law is... my point is that the law is totally irrational and has no basis in any objectively verifiable evidence for such a distinction between alcohol (buy all the guns you want despite the well-documented harms of alcohol) and cannabis (not only can't buy a gun but can't possess one despite the well-documented relatively lesser harms of cannabis). It's clearly an exercise in the totally arbitrary and capricious exercise of authoritarian tyranny... as are so many of the other "gun laws". It's just like high school back in my day, when they "made up" rules about the "legal" minimum length of female skirts and maximum "legal" length of male hair... those rules had nothing to do with anything at all except to drive home the principal's and the school system's total control of the people subject to the authority of the system. The authorities are liars and hypocrites. And we suffer as a consequence.

punaperson

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2017, 06:22:00 AM »
double post... got message "website not available" when I clicked "post". went "back" to page, when i clicked "post" that time it worked and showed double post.

pantyhamster

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »

Last nights news said they (city) is looking to monitor repeat drunk drivers by putting ignition interlocks on their cars.

I say why not enroll them in Rap Back.... :shaka:

z06psi

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »
Joe Moore said that this means more people are CARRYING guns in Hawaii......

Almost threw something at the TV when he said that.  I stopped watching HNN because of their constant MMGW shit and save the animals shit as well.

MuffinMan

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »

Last nights news said they (city) is looking to monitor repeat drunk drivers by putting ignition interlocks on their cars.

Great Idea! :thumbsup:

punaperson

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 10:11:28 AM »
Almost threw something at the TV when he said that.  I stopped watching HNN because of their constant MMGW shit and save the animals shit as well.
Anyone got a link to the video? All I can find on their site via the search engine is a brief written article on the stats. I'd just like to see the context of  him saying that... maybe send him an email... though I suspect he may have gotten a few already.

6716J

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »

That's it... I'm never leaving the house again. It's scary knowing people have those evil devices out there...

:wacko:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

westside22

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 08:10:15 PM »

Obviously because drunk drivers never kill people RIGHT?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

;-)

westside22

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2017, 08:13:36 PM »
Think I will spply for concealed carry. Will state the reason "Because Joe Moore said everyone is CARRYING.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

dafrtknocker

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 07:36:44 AM »
Today's Star Advertiser story has more info on Denials.

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/honolulu-star-advertiser/20170507/281900183120817

ren

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 11:49:10 AM »

that fake hairpiece's BPAs must be leeching into his pea brain
Deeds Not Words

All_rice

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 01:30:55 AM »
Anyone got a link to the video? All I can find on their site via the search engine is a brief written article on the stats. I'd just like to see the context of  him saying that... maybe send him an email... though I suspect he may have gotten a few already.

If you have oceanic try and check news on demand. I'll see if I can find it also.  But he did say that.
Land of the free, because of the Brave!