Hong Kong fights back (Read 8161 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Hong Kong fights back
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
With that last guy, it looked like they were hog-tying him.  I found that pretty entertaining. 

That "rounder" guy with the white shirt and black jacket was PISSED!  That skinny kid with the gray jacket was pretty weak.  Really, a half assed side kick from like 10 feet away!   ;D

Seriously though, I'd also like to know what that was all about.  That said, for a while I dated a Japanese girl that was a flight attendant in Dubai.  She explained that lots of Arabs are super arrogant and believe that other cultures are below them.  They treat people like dirt and less than human.  She told me some really terrible stories.  Yeah, not all were like that, but lots.  They think they can go into any country and act like they own the place.  Funny in a way because that's kind of how I view Chinese tourists.  At least the part about when they travel, they act like they would when in their home country.  When in Rome. . .

We had some foreign nationals from Muslim countries training with us in the Air Force.  They were cordial to the other students, but they expected the instructors to stop talking to another student so they can ask their questions.  The most rude acts were when the female instructor was leading the class.  OMG!  I felt like punching a couple of them more than once.  I spoke to the instructor at lunch one day about that, and she said she just ignores the rudeness.  They have a culture that teaches them to treat their women that way, and she's not going to be able to change them.  No sense getting offended when it's so deeply ingrained in them.

These students were pilots and aircrew members, too.  NOT officer and gentleman material.  It was also Ramadan during one part of the class.  They were in worse moods then from not eating until after sundown.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 01:54:42 PM »
We had some foreign nationals from Muslim countries training with us in the Air Force.  They were cordial to the other students, but they expected the instructors to stop talking to another student so they can ask their questions.  The most rude acts were when the female instructor was leading the class.  OMG!  I felt like punching a couple of them more than once.  I spoke to the instructor at lunch one day about that, and she said she just ignores the rudeness.  They have a culture that teaches them to treat their women that way, and she's not going to be able to change them.  No sense getting offended when it's so deeply ingrained in them.

These students were pilots and aircrew members, too.  NOT officer and gentleman material.  It was also Ramadan during one part of the class.  They were in worse moods then from not eating until after sundown.
I went to college with a bunch of Muslim students.  Many were from Indonesia and in the college of engineering, others were in the dorm that I lived in my freshman year since that was where the ESL students were housed.  Anyways, most of the affluent ones (engineering students) were pretty well mannered.  However, the Arab ones, particularly the ESL ones were pretty damn rude, like you mentioned.  My flight attendant ex-GF did mention the culture thing about how they treat women, but they also treat "non-like them" similarly as well.  Many of them grew up being in the majority and it's a culture shock to be in the minority. 

omnigun

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 02:53:21 PM »
I know one guy from the middle east, he was a cool dude, had no problems with him or how he acted.   Other than that no real experiences.

macsak

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »
Other than that no real experiences.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
I know one guy from the middle east, he was a cool dude, had no problems with him or how he acted.   Other than that no real experiences.

Liberals are very tolerant of the Muslim culture.
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 04:53:26 PM »
Liberals are very tolerant of the Muslim culture.

lawls I am not a liberal.  But I guess anyone who doesn't agree with you is. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 09:33:04 PM »
lawls I am not a liberal.  But I guess anyone who doesn't agree with you is.

Did I say I was referring to you?  I made a general statement.  But, as they say, if the shoe fits ...   :rofl:

Please learn to read without being so emotional and defensive all the time.

Dimwit!
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »

Did I say I was referring to you?  I made a general statement.  But, as they say, if the shoe fits ...   :rofl:

Please learn to read without being so emotional and defensive all the time.

Dimwit!

Lets do simple reasoning 101.  I know a 100 level class might be a bit too hard for you but lets try it out.  You can always drop out.   When you quote someone, then reply with a statement people tend to think you are directing a message to someone!  Who would of thunk it  :wacko: :crazy:   

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 11:09:15 PM »
Lets do simple reasoning 101.  I know a 100 level class might be a bit too hard for you but lets try it out.  You can always drop out.   When you quote someone, then reply with a statement people tend to think you are directing a message to someone!  Who would of thunk it  :wacko: :crazy:

What you think and what is fact is often not the same.

DW!
-- Melvin Udall