Hanauma Bay parking at KHSC (Read 5249 times)

ren

Hanauma Bay parking at KHSC
« on: May 26, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »
It will be only a matter of time till we share parking with Hanauma Bay users.
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

Re: Hanauma Bay parking at KHSC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »
It will be only a matter of time till we share parking with Hanauma Bay users.
I think we already do. Usually the cars parked right inside the entrance in front of the archery range I see those people walk back up the hill. I just assume they are going to Hanauma Bay.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

whynow?

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:07:42 PM »
I can see some blue city or foreign tourists with kids complaining about fearing the loud booms, gun shots or dangerous target arrows  while parking in the KHSC area.  Should put up signs saying parking for archery or shooting guests only once you go off Kalanianaole into the complex.   Violators will be towed.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »
I can see some blue city or foreign tourists with kids complaining about fearing the loud booms, gun shots or dangerous target arrows  while parking in the KHSC area.  Should put up signs saying parking for archery or shooting guests only once you go off Kalanianaole into the complex.   Violators will be towed.

Safer at the range parking lot than walking up that 2-lane winding hill and back.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

London808

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »
As with all parks, the parking is for park users only and any one parking and leaving should be ticketed and towed. Problem is some,one who works at the park needs to call it in.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

ren

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 11:58:08 PM »
I think we already do. Usually the cars parked right inside the entrance in front of the archery range I see those people walk back up the hill. I just assume they are going to Hanauma Bay.

I observe that as well but these snorkeleros /tourists parked on pistol side and climbed up that hill.
Encroachment.
Deeds Not Words

Tom_G

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 12:06:28 AM »
As with all parks, the parking is for park users only and any one parking and leaving should be ticketed and towed. Problem is some,one who works at the park needs to call it in.

Statute?
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

zippz

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »
I've never noticed, but are there signs saying that public parking stalls are for park users anywhere?  I know on private property those signs are common.  But for public parks I assumed there's no restrictions.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

London808

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »
Statute?
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING PARKING
IN CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU PARK PROPERTIES
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
Pursuant to and by virtue of the authority set forth in Section 13-14.3, Revised
Ordinances of Honolulu 1978, as amended, the Director of Parks and Recreation of the
City and County of Honolulu hereby adopts the following Rules and Regulations
Governing Parking in City and County of Honolulu Park Properties.

PART II. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
A. Only park users shall be allowed to park their vehicles in public parks,

G. Any vehicle violating Part II shall be subject to citation by the police.

https://www.honolulu.gov/rep/site/dpr/rules/Rules_Parking_in_City_Parks.pdf
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

ren

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
wouldn't Hanauma Bay be a park?
Reason I bring this up is that as we more visitors its only a matter of time till KHSC sees overflow or an idea that the City may visit.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »
Reason I bring this up is that as we more visitors its only a matter of time till KHSC sees overflow or an idea that the City may visit.

Haunama Bay is a state park.

They charge $7.50 admittance for visitors over 12.  Locals with state ID and Active Duty Military are free.

They charge $1 to use the parking lot.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

London808

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »

One is a city park the other is a state park,

powder monkey