hypothetical question for a monday- if ccw passes, what would you carry and how? (Read 35610 times)

kong

I'm game. CCW'ed in WA state and I carried an hk usp45 (that was a pig even with a good belt and holster), G17 bladetech iwb (awesomeness), hk p7m8 Kramer iwb (again awesome) tried a blade tech with this and it felt like it was pulling outboard, 1911 full size and compact in a Kramer iwb (awesomeness). Also wore most of these guns with jeans, cargos, cargo shorts and aloha and t-shirts with no printing. One of the guys that worked at the range with me used a sob holster and he didn't even know his shirt was above the pistol. Also, watch the elbow check when you unconsciously check your pistola.  So here in HI with their mag ban most likely a p7 in an iwb.

Q

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 08:38:08 PM »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:08:30 PM by Q »

swissk31

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liberalism is a mental disorder - M. Savage
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Glock 26 in bianchi OWB carrylok holster

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
silence and back to the kitchen, woman

oooh. Mak, you gonna take that?
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

mauidog

oooh. Mak, you gonna take that?

He can't answer you ...

silence and back to the kitchen, woman

:rofl:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

aieahound

Based on what I currently own.

Ruger SP101 in leather pancake OWB holster.

or

Springfield XDSC 9mm in IWB holster.

Glockoa808

My glock 23 fde Owb in my raven concealment holster. G42 backup weak side pocket/cargo in sticky holster med/small. My daily carry in vegas.

Q

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:34 AM »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 12:40:00 PM by Q »

z06psi

IWB XDS 45 

808glocker

Glock 19
Fobus Paddle Holster
Two extra mags in Fobus Mag Holder

jaynick

I bought 3 boxes of the SPEER Gold Dot Personal Protection .45ACP 230g GDHP Short Barrel Hollow Point a little over a year ago at YGuns.  Checked several times for the 9MM Short Barrel ammo, but it was never in stock.

20rd box @ $34.99

For 9MM, I decided on the Hornady +P with Flex Tip filler in the hollow point.  Gets good reviews for expansion, penetrating thick clothing and reliable feeding compared to regular HP ammo.

http://zero7one.com/lucky-gunner-labs-conducts-extensive-ballistics-gel-test/

seems like the short barrel speers dont do much better in this one particular test.

paka808

Glock 19
Fobus Paddle Holster
Two extra mags in Fobus Mag Holder
I 2nd that,glock19 :thumbsup:

Lylefk

I wear board shorts and a tee the vast majority of the time, so it'd be an lcp (with trigger work) in a pocket holster most of the time. For the other times when possible, most likely an xds .45 in a Garrett Industries IWB or a Kangaroo Carry if I'm dressing up. I had an xds and p938 when I lived in Oregon and was much more accurate with the xds (but dearly loved the p938, work of art).

Rocky

As I do carry around the property, I find weight and the ability to still actually work comfortably are most important.
Even my G19 and S&W 60 got heavy and in the way when doing physical labor.

Now going with my G43, (under 1.8 lbs loaded) or S&W 38 spcl. Airweight (1.2 lbs  loaded)
The Airweight's aluminum alloy frame, internal hammer and lightweight is becoming my fav.   :love:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

As I do carry around the property, I find weight and the ability to still actually work comfortably are most important.
Even my G19 and S&W 60 got heavy and in the way when doing physical labor.

Now going with my G43, (under 1.8 lbs loaded) or S&W 38 spcl. Airweight (1.2 lbs  loaded)
The Airweight's aluminum alloy frame, internal hammer and lightweight is becoming my fav.   :love:
-----
I have a SW3913 which is small, accurate and relatively light. But my stupid dog twerked my trigger finger and it sorta hurts to pull the long first DA shot now.
I think the finger is messed up just enough to justify getting a G43.

Doesn't that sound like a good excuse to buy a new gun? :D
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

...my stupid dog twerked...
Twerking dog?

Enjoy!

SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

I keep being attracted to the Ruger LCR in .22 mag. Not the ideal self defense round I know but I still like it.

Inspector

I keep being attracted to the Ruger LCR in .22 mag. Not the ideal self defense round I know but I still like it.
Here, read this:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/6/8/the-22-magnum-for-self-defense/

If you do decide to buy one there are 4 different brands of SD ammo you can consider based on the results of this article.

SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

Here, read this:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/6/8/the-22-magnum-for-self-defense/

If you do decide to buy one there are 4 different brands of SD ammo you can consider based on the results of this article.

Definitely want to make sure I have a brand that is reliable since rimfire is reported to not be as reliable as centerfire.

mauidog

Definitely want to make sure I have a brand that is reliable since rimfire is reported to not be as reliable as centerfire.

If you are planning to trust your life to the "less reliable" rimfire ammo, then a revolver makes more sense than a semi.  If a round goes "click", just pull the trigger again for the next one to go "bang."

Unlike a semi, there's no slide to rack to get to the next round in the magazine.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:53:52 PM by mauidog »
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper