Puuloa Rifle and Pistol Club Regional High Power Rifle Tournament 22-24 Sep 2017 (Read 11256 times)

Bushido

You can shoot with any eligible person on Schofield if they sponsor you. I considered applying but got the same reply as you. I do have a friend that shoots there. He said they heavily increased the restrictions recently. I do not know the caliber restrictions. ---- I also heard that KMCAS has a periodic open style shoot. Any info on that?

Recoil management is a big factor in PRS as you are your own spotter. Being able to follow through and spot your impacts is crucial. In Hawaii we don't have the luxury of owning a supressor so we would have to go with a brake. I like a lot of the 6mm catridges and the 6.5X47. Not looking to build one unless access for me changes. Outer island guys are hiking into the hunting areas to shoot/practice long range. I may have to do the same as well to get pratice time. I do have shooting friends and family in WA and AZ that I may go shoot with in the future.

dustoff003

Id like a 6.5 Creedmoor. More efficient than a 308. But at this time Im limited to Kokohead. Does Schofield allow?
I'll ask when I go to meeting again. I'd say it depends on which range the Army gives the club and the SDZ of that range, usually it's CR 1 or 2 but occasionally it is one of the KR ranges. Most of the Schofield ranges can handle .50 BMG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teichi

There is a change to the match program. AR-15 Rifles may have optics up to 4.5X

zippz

Puuloa, I'll be RSO on Saturday.  Might come out to help or shoot on Friday/Sunday if I'm not at work.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Teichi

Puuloa, I'll be RSO on Saturday.  Might come out to help or shoot on Friday/Sunday if I'm not at work.
Don't forget your OIC/RSO Card

Teichi

Here are the unofficial results from the past weekend

Bushido

Here are the unofficial results from the past weekend

Congrats to all!