Who's Shooting This Week? (Read 138770 times)

Nostayhome

Re: Who's Shooting This Weekend?
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2019, 11:14:07 AM »
I bet was same RO. I typically rest my rifle in the right side of the bench, but not all the time. What is safer? To me if I’m shooting my AR, left side keeps the brass ejection less risk of going into neighbor’s area.

He wasn’t concerned about the brass hitting my neighbor as opposed to how I shouldered it. I’m left handed and he wanted the rifle on the right side of the bench. That way I could shoulder it without having it crossover my body. If that makes sense.

drck1000

« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2019, 12:38:51 PM »
He wasn’t concerned about the brass hitting my neighbor as opposed to how I shouldered it. I’m left handed and he wanted the rifle on the right side of the bench. That way I could shoulder it without having it crossover my body. If that makes sense.
Your explanation makes sense. The RO’s logic  ???

:rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »
Hitting the range bright and early Saturday for some carbine marksmanship skill building.   ;D  :geekdanc:

Looking forward to it, particularly after what will be a loonnngg work week essentially facilitating prima-donna 50 year old women who act like they are fricken 12.  But I digress. 

Who else is shooting this weekend? 

macsak

« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2019, 06:50:51 PM »
Hitting the range bright and early Saturday for some carbine marksmanship skill building.   ;D  :geekdanc:

Looking forward to it, particularly after what will be a loonnngg work week essentially facilitating prima-donna 50 year old women who act like they are fricken 12.  But I digress. 

heads

Rocky

« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2019, 08:28:48 PM »

:D
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

drck1000

« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2019, 08:40:54 PM »
:D
Hope the nice weather lasts a little while longer.

macsak

« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2019, 08:51:13 PM »
Hope the nice weather lasts a little while longer.

tonight's news said scattered heavy showers Saturday and sunday...

drck1000

« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
tonight's news said scattered heavy showers Saturday and sunday...
Looks like Sat evening and then a few rainy days out there.  The range often gets morning rain even though the "low lands" is dry.  Will be fun either way. 

You should tell your boss you're taking the day off. . .  8)

drck1000

« Reply #248 on: November 26, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »
Who’s shooting this weekend?

I’m planning on hitting up the pistol range to practice and test some ammo for the G34 for the weekend.  :geekdanc:

drck1000

« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2019, 11:48:49 AM »
Pistol range maybe half full. Rifle range looked over half full when I got here around 11:30.

Nice day for shooting. Little breezy, but cool.

drck1000

« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »

I got a head start in the weekend with a range session today. My goal is to shoot more consistently, both pistol and rifle. Even get back into shooting my Rem 700 when my Geissele trigger finally arrives.

I often tell myself that I’ll shoot more often, practice, etc. I also often hear folks say they’ll start training more, try shooting a match for the first time, shoot matches more, etc.

macsak

« Reply #251 on: January 03, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »

I got a head start in the weekend with a range session today. My goal is to shoot more consistently, both pistol and rifle. Even get back into shooting my Rem 700 when my Geissele trigger finally arrives.

I often tell myself that I’ll shoot more often, practice, etc. I also often hear folks say they’ll start training more, try shooting a match for the first time, shoot matches more, etc.

"head" start
HPS match on Saturday, but my asshole boss is making me work
MPPL match on Sunday I could go if I only had firearms and ammunition...

drck1000

« Reply #252 on: January 03, 2020, 05:14:23 PM »
"head" start
HPS match on Saturday, but my asshole boss is making me work
MPPL match on Sunday I could go if I only had firearms and ammunition...
Yup. And I’ve already seen carbine and shotgun courses being offered for Jan and Feb. Lots of opportunities. As long as your boss isn’t an asshole...

macsak

« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »
Yup. And I’ve already seen carbine and shotgun courses being offered for Jan and Feb. Lots of opportunities. As long as your boss isn’t an asshole...

wait, only flapp knows i own my own practice

Inspector

« Reply #254 on: January 04, 2020, 05:50:38 AM »
Hey Mac,

This is my favorite Frank Zappa song just for you your boss:

Broken Hearts Are For Assholes
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

stangzilla

« Reply #255 on: January 04, 2020, 07:14:54 AM »
Looks wet out there
I might go afternoon and test out my newest AR build

drck1000

« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2020, 11:26:25 AM »
Looks wet out there
I might go afternoon and test out my newest AR build
ARs can handle the rain. Paper targets on the other hand, not so much. Have fun if you go! Post some pics  :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
ARs can handle the rain. Paper targets on the other hand, not so much. Have fun if you go! Post some pics  :thumbsup:
Don’t know what it’s like on the east side, but over here on the west side it has not let up. Still raining pretty good up here.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2020, 12:21:13 PM »
Don’t know what it’s like on the east side, but over here on the west side it has not let up. Still raining pretty good up here.
Off and on rain in town. Seems heavy at times, but then the sun breaks through. I got caught in a downpour yesterday that soaked targets stands. To the point where cardboard was falling off. Luckily I was already done shooting and just had to get my stand.

zippz

« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2020, 09:35:34 PM »
Off and on rain in town. Seems heavy at times, but then the sun breaks through. I got caught in a downpour yesterday that soaked targets stands. To the point where cardboard was falling off. Luckily I was already done shooting and just had to get my stand.

I have cloroplast boards and write in the rain targets or stick on shoot and see targets incase I really need to shoot at the range in the rain, as long as the rains not blowing in.  For a class or practicing for something.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu