stangzilla

the NBA is anti gun
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »

will air Christmas day
I am no longer a Melo fan

edster48

Re: the NBA is anti gun
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 06:48:13 AM »
Funny how they never mention the FACT that the overwhelming majority of these crimes are committed by gang bangers and felons with illegal firearms.

I say we fight fire with fire. A class action lawsuit for libel against Everytown for implying that legal gun owners are murderers.

We should ALL resent this implication.

It's time to stop playing defense and start playing offense, take the fight to them.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 10:52:25 AM »
There's a whole website dedicated to stupid nba players. :rofl:
Here is a link to the gun related arrests.

http://nbacrimelibrary.com/category/5-reason-for-arrest/gun-crime/
What, Me Worry?

Garuda

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »
Eh,  I couldn't give a rats a$$ about professional sports.  With the exception of surfing and martial arts tournaments,  who cares? 

Fantasy this and fantasy that.  Bunch of dorks. Sideshow to keep the sheeple busy. 

hvybarrels

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 11:59:53 AM »
I wish there were more amateur shooting competitions here. I'd much rather play sports than watch them.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

macsak

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 12:01:42 PM »
I wish there were more amateur shooting competitions here. I'd much rather play sports than watch them.

there are competitions at least every other week

K30l4

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 12:32:08 PM »
Eh,  I couldn't give a rats a$$ about professional sports.  With the exception of surfing and martial arts tournaments,  who cares? 

Fantasy this and fantasy that.  Bunch of dorks. Sideshow to keep the sheeple busy.
+1

hvybarrels

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »
there are competitions at least every other week

Looks like I need to get out more. Where is a good place to find out about that stuff?
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

mauidog

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 08:37:52 PM »
Looks like I need to get out more. Where is a good place to find out about that stuff?

I tried the Mid Pacific Pistol League (http://www.mppl.net/) a couple of times.  The first time out didn't cost me any fees at all -- just time, new gear, and ammo.

Some reasons I've been reluctant to participate regularly:

1.  You spend from 8:30AM to 2:00PM or as late as 3:30PM resetting targets for others and watching them shoot. 
2.  With 5 stages, you are lucky to get 7-8 minutes of actual trigger time.  After going through the 101 Competition/Orientation class, I was really excited to keep it going, but the time spent resetting targets and watching others was 90% of the day. 
3.  There are few, if any, real opportunities to practice with the same targets used.  Texas star, poppers, plates, etc. would be nice to have where you can practice at the same distances as you shot from during the stages.

MPPL has many competitions every month, but they don't offer practice sessions for members as far as I know.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

macsak

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
I tried the Mid Pacific Pistol League (http://www.mppl.net/) a couple of times.  The first time out didn't cost me any fees at all -- just time, new gear, and ammo.

Some reasons I've been reluctant to participate regularly:

1.  You spend from 8:30AM to 2:00PM or as late as 3:30PM resetting targets for others and watching them shoot. 
2.  With 5 stages, you are lucky to get 7-8 minutes of actual trigger time.  After going through the 101 Competition/Orientation class, I was really excited to keep it going, but the time spent resetting targets and watching others was 90% of the day. 
3.  There are few, if any, real opportunities to practice with the same targets used.  Texas star, poppers, plates, etc. would be nice to have where you can practice at the same distances as you shot from during the stages.

MPPL has many competitions every month, but they don't offer practice sessions for members as far as I know.

http://thehonolulurhatrhatboyz.com/

http://hawaiipracticalshooters.org/
https://www.facebook.com/hps.808/?fref=ts
check out the food pics at the christmas party!
i think it was a joint party with one of the other clubs

macsak

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 09:19:19 PM »
http://thehonolulurhatrhatboyz.com/

http://hawaiipracticalshooters.org/
https://www.facebook.com/hps.808/?fref=ts
check out the food pics at the christmas party!
i think it was a joint party with one of the other clubs

if you go to the mppl.net address that mdog gave, you will find links to some of the other organizations
not sure if the links are valid, but it's a start, and you can google the name to find out the valid links

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 09:23:01 PM »
I honestly had no idea that there was so much activity here. Checking out HPS on youtube and that sure looks fun. Thanks for sharing.

macsak

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 10:23:27 PM »
I honestly had no idea that there was so much activity here. Checking out HPS on youtube and that sure looks fun. Thanks for sharing.

MDs description of a competition day is true
but you kinda have to learn by watching and hanging out with the other competitors
some of them are a little hard core, but you can always find ones who are willing to help those who are eager to learn and are safe

Sodie

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »
I get out there with MPPL and HPS whenever I can make the time, haven't made it to a Rhat-Rhat Boyz match yet.  It is true that you spend a lot of time pasting targets/painting steel, but I still really enjoy it.  You've just got to be ready to spend a FULL day outside with little/no shade...  First couple of matches I shot, I felt about like crap when I got done, and started concentrating a little more on hydrating and keeping the sun off my pasty white skin. :shaka:

Lots of great people at these matches, and a wide variety of gear setups (from stock-out-of-the-box production guns to full-on race guns).  I've got about the cheapest gear setup you can imagine, and I still have fun.

Even if you're not ready to take the "gear plunge" yet, c'mon out and get a feel for how a match runs.

Jl808

the NBA is anti gun
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »
I agree with MD about the MPPL day.

It's basically 1 hour of waiting under the sun for 2 minutes of fun. Then repeat 3 more times.

Bring one of those wheeled carts to store the following:
1. Fold up chair (with sun cover if available)
2. Small cooler with ice and cold drinks to share
3. Ammo storage

Talking with or watching the other competitors is a great way to pass the wait time.

I would love to get back to this but the taking the whole day off on weekends is a lot of time away from the family.  When the kids are old enough to shoot, for sure I will bring the whole family then.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

oldfart

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 10:30:47 AM »
This is interesting conversation, but has nothing to do with nba
What, Me Worry?

Jl808

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
Haha true.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

stangzilla

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
back OT
remember back in the not so old days
a guy that played for SA Spurs
Chuck Person.....aka...."The Rifleman"
now that was a nickname!
bring this guy back!

stangzilla

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »
I dont think I'm a sheeple
I just like to watch basketball
nothing wrong with that is there?

stangzilla

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
Lebron, what a hypocrite
funny how he wears the USA shirt when he's shooting
now that you came out of the closet and showed youself to be anti 2A, give that USA shirt back you commie!