FBI recommends no prosecution for Clinton. (Read 12873 times)

Heavies

Re: FBI recommends no prosecution for Clinton.
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
1. This is not a case of 'careless' handling.
Putting classified information on personal servers is highly illegal and a BIG no no.

2. This is not a case of unintentional misconduct.
When an investigation comes up, one doesn't legally 'go through' ones own records and submit what you want and delete the rest

3. This IS a huge case of corruption, cover up, and outright blatant treason.

Of all parties involved.

omnigun

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »
I would suggest people read this: 18 U.S.C. Section 793(f)
(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

In the same FBI speech he said extreme carelessness.  Which equals gross negligence.  If you were to use a thesaurus to find a word similar to gross negligence you would end up with extreme carelessness.

macsak

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
In the same FBI speech he said extreme carelessness.  Which equals gross negligence.  If you were to use a thesaurus to find a word similar to gross negligence you would end up with extreme carelessness.

"it depends on what the definition of 'is 'is"

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »
Looks good to me  ....   :wtf:

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »
Some animals are more equal than others
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

London808

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 02:03:55 PM »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »
-- Melvin Udall

passivekinetic

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 04:31:53 PM »
It might be sudden but won't be mysterious.

Just like good old Scalia.

Natural causes with a pillow over his head (which also was debunked, right?).
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

passivekinetic

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
Some animals are more equal than others

Some animals are more equal conspiratorial than others
- Anonymous

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 08:20:13 PM »
Be prepared for it ...

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 09:23:03 PM »
Perfect!!

Navy engineer sentenced for mishandling classified material

This story was originally published on July 29, 2015.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A Naval reservist was sentenced for mishandling classified military materials.

A federal attorney announced Wednesday that Bryan Nishimura of Folsom, California, pleaded guilty to the unauthorized removal and retention of classified materials.

Nishimura, deployed in Afghanistan in 2007 and 2008 as a regional engineer, admitted to downloading classified briefings and digital records onto his personal electronic devices. He carried the materials off base and brought them back to the U.S. when his deployment ended.

An FBI search of Nishimura's home turned up classified materials, but did not reveal evidence he intended to distribute them.

He was sentenced to two years of probation and a $7,500 fine, and was ordered to surrender his security clearance. He is barred from seeking a future security clearance.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/07/29/navy-engineer-sentenced-for-mishandling-classified-material/30862027/
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 10:12:30 PM »
You need to get up to speed. There are many hundreds (thousands?) of articles about all the details of these issues. You are asking questions that have already been answered dozens of times by different authors. No intent is required by various sections of law to be charged and found guilty. If one could prove intent, that is a different law with different penalties.

Judicial Watch has the most extensive FOIA requests that have been in the works for years. They have finally deposed most of Clinton's staff, including the guy who set up and maintained her private server... he took the 5th amendment over 125 times during his deposition. Not that he or Clinton did anything wrong. And he has already been granted some kind of immunity by DOJ. Just sayin'.

I agree. Admittedly I haven't read as deeply into this issue as I would like to. That is why I am trying to avoid any hard claims or conclusions at this time. There is a lot of information out there and I am trying to filter out the fact from all the political rubbish thrown on top.

Intent may not be the requisite state of mind for the crime but there has to be some level of knowledge, whether reckless or negligent. And I mean by legal standards, not colloquial use. It seems, from what I know, the case could be made that she was at least negligent. Now if that doesn't satisfy a criminal act it should at the very least cause an administrative level of punishment involving the revocation of her security clearance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:47:14 PM by eyeeatingfish »

passivekinetic

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »
I just have to voice my thoughts, that with this latest outcome (not even a slap on the wrist for Teflon Clinton), I'm pretty sure the fix is in.
- Anonymous

whynow?

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 05:42:54 PM »
Perfect!!

Navy engineer sentenced for mishandling classified material

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/07/29/navy-engineer-sentenced-for-mishandling-classified-material/30862027/
Similar thing happened to a radcon engineer at PHNSY in the late 80's.

punaperson

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 08:00:10 AM »
Here are videos of 1. Comey's opening statement to the house committee today, and 2. Gowdy's questions/statement (note he says he won't read all the false statements from Clinton "because I have a plane to catch tomorrow afternoon") to Comey about Comey's decision and the matter of "intent".

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/07/video-trey-gowdy-uses-comey-to-expose-hillarys-criminal-intent/

Jl808

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »
Hi punaperson, sorry for the confusion.   

I moved topics this morning to political discussions (and other sections) to keep the site organized.  As stated in an earlier post, I am trying to keep the General Discussion board firearms related and moving political discussions to the correct section. 

As for why political discussion is for members only, I will ask 2aHawaii about that.  Please stand by.  Will have a PM discussion with 2aHawaii about it.

Hi punaperson.  Thank you for asking.  The Political Discussions sub-forum access is no longer restricted to those with accounts.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.