Amid Tears of The Fools – Betsy Devos Confirmed as Secretary of Education… (Read 3816 times)

punaperson

I just lifted this one in its entirety from The Conservative Tree House, but go give them a click anyway to show your support...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/02/07/amid-tears-of-the-fools-betsy-devos-confirmed-as-secretary-of-education/

Amid Tears of The Fools – Betsy Devos Confirmed as Secretary of Education…

Democrats stayed up all night filibustering on the Senate Floor, gnashing their teeth and wailing with a pre-funded necessary indignation against the Trump nominee for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos.

The NEA teachers union has paid tens of millions to democrats, and the NEA doesn’t like Betsy DeVos – ergo the Democrats had to put on a good show for the constituency of educational jackboots; and that’s all it was ever going to be, ‘a show’.

Despite all of that, and as soon as they were done with their wailing, Vice-President Mike Pence simply walked  in to the Senate and cast the deciding vote to confirm DeVos as Secretary.

No climax, just deliberate business.

Next?

macsak

I just lifted this one in its entirety from The Conservative Tree House, but go give them a click anyway to show your support...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/02/07/amid-tears-of-the-fools-betsy-devos-confirmed-as-secretary-of-education/

Amid Tears of The Fools – Betsy Devos Confirmed as Secretary of Education…

Democrats stayed up all night filibustering on the Senate Floor, gnashing their teeth and wailing with a pre-funded necessary indignation against the Trump nominee for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos.

The NEA teachers union has paid tens of millions to democrats, and the NEA doesn’t like Betsy DeVos – ergo the Democrats had to put on a good show for the constituency of educational jackboots; and that’s all it was ever going to be, ‘a show’.

Despite all of that, and as soon as they were done with their wailing, Vice-President Mike Pence simply walked  in to the Senate and cast the deciding vote to confirm DeVos as Secretary.

No climax, just deliberate business.

Next?

How many people crossed party lines to make it 50:50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspector

I believe it was 2 Republican wahines. One from Maine and I forgot who the other was.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

punaperson

I believe it was 2 Republican wahines. One from Maine and I forgot who the other was.
Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski, of Alaska, and Susan Collins, of Maine, sided with every Democrat and two Independent senators to oppose DeVos. Pence then cast the deciding vote, which marks the first time a vice president has had to break a tie regarding a cabinet nomination.

Murkowski rated A by NRA. Collins rated C+ by NRA (and the NRA did not endorse her Republican primary opponent last election).

macsak

Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski, of Alaska, and Susan Collins, of Maine, sided with every Democrat and two Independent senators to oppose DeVos. Pence then cast the deciding vote, which marks the first time a vice president has had to break a tie regarding a cabinet nomination.

wow, thanks
the teachers i know are really upset by this pick

punaperson

wow, thanks
the teachers i know are really upset by this pick
Yeah, those teacher unions don't like the idea of parents having "choice" about where or how to educate their children. Imagine that: progressives against "choice". Funny how they're selective with where, how and why they want/demand/allow that. Should any significant percentage of those children now receiving extremely poor educations (aka propaganda mills) become critical thinkers, the progressive agenda is doomed. And they know it. And of course, their jobs too, as charter schools, home schooling, etc. will not be under the thumb of unions and could hire teachers using methods and materials outside the "mainstream" (leftist) curriculum. Eventually producing enough critical thinkers could have the same destabilizing effect at the college level... snowflake meltdown.

punaperson

punaperson

punaperson

The powers that be (teachers unions, et al.) really really really want to maintain their monopoly of forced schooling, even (especially?) if a black woman does all the paperwork and homeschools her children because she sees them failing in an incompetent and corrupt system. She hasn't even been allowed to see her children in three weeks. That'll teach her to obey the rules! Imagine what would have happened to her and her children had she NOT followed the rules! "Wards of the state". Yeah, that's the fix...  >:(

Mother Arrested, Children Taken into Custody Despite Having Proper Paperwork for Homeschooling

http://www.wkbw.com/news/was-buffalo-mom-jailed-over-homeschooling-decision

hvybarrels

She's just another vampire capitalist come to knaw the meat off the bones of our republic. It's sad but on the other hand it's great the left is starting to wake up after eight years being lulled to sleep by Obama's lies.
"Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it."
-Joseph Stalin

Inspector

SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

whynow?

Don't forget the millions HI wasted on the now historic and defunct Hawaii Health Connector and other brainless projects.  We paid the director of the health connector 6 figures per year and this loser just walked off, with no investigations into her leadership role for this kamikaze plane.
Now the state says no mo money for the keiki although during election time, IT'S FOR THE CHILDEREN DONCHA KNOW.