IS CLIMATE CHANGE REAL? (Read 21017 times)

drck1000

Re: IS CLIMATE CHANGE REAL?
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
But its fear produced by a large majority of certified scientists.  Same like the fear of cigarettes made it illegal to smoke indoors.  There are some people out there that say cigarettes are not that bad.  But the majority of credentialed scientists "proved" they are.  We still don't 100% know everything about cancer but that doesn't make it much less of a threat.  Relying on professionals for opinions is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.  If there is a large majority of professionals inducing fear its something to believed in.  There is a fair amount of science out there that proves it too.  While I don't fully understand it all its not in my profession.  Same reason why I don't fully understand medical issues so I leave that up to the doctors. 

The "facts" used to back up are those off sites that had scientists post to them.  There are far more scientists that believe in climate change than not.  I don't fully understand the facts but I trust those who do and believe in them.

Its true in the end we will find out in 25 years when technology advances and our knowledge and hey if we lose 25 feet of coast land to the ocean maybe people might start to believe~  Then we can all move to tropical Alaska. And I will get the last laugh here.
Come back when you have more facts than beliefs. . .

omnigun

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »
Come back when you have more facts than beliefs. . .

I guess we will never agree because I will never be a climate scientist.   Also I have yet to see any of the non believers facts that I couldn't easily disprove.  Goes both ways.

London808

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2017, 03:32:16 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/11/05/a-controversial-nasa-study-says-antarctica-is-gaining-ice-heres-why-you-should-stay-skeptical/

Not as black and white as you make it seam.  Ocean still rose overall.

Ocean levels have been rising for millennia, Please provide evidence that MAN is the casue of the rising and explain why it occurred before man.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »
PER NASA "It stood 4-6 meters above the present during the last interglacial period, 125,000 years ago, but was 120 m lower at the peak of the last ice age, around 20,000 years ago. A study of past sea level fluctuations provides a longer-term geologic context, "

https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/gornitz_09/
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

macsak

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
seam

?

noun
the line formed by sewing together pieces of cloth, leather, or the like.
the stitches used to make such a line.
any line formed by abutting edges.

macsak

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »
But its (sic) fear produced by a large majority of certified scientists.  Same like the fear of cigarettes made it illegal to smoke indoors.  There are some people out there that say cigarettes are not that bad.  But the majority of credentialed scientists "proved" they are.  We still don't 100% know everything about cancer but that doesn't make it much less of a threat.  Relying on professionals for opinions is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.  If there is (sic) a large majority of professionals inducing fear its (sic) something to believed in.  There is a fair amount of science out there that proves it too.  While I don't fully understand it all its not in my profession.  Same reason why I don't fully understand medical issues so I leave that up to the doctors. 

The "facts" used to back up are those off sites that had scientists post to them.  There are far more scientists that believe in climate change than not.  I don't fully understand the facts but I trust those who do and believe in them.

Its (sic) true in the end we will find out in 25 years when technology advances and our knowledge and hey if we lose 25 feet of coast land to the ocean maybe people might start to believe~  Then we can all move to tropical Alaska. And I will get the last laugh here.

oldfart

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »
?

noun
:rofl:
What, Me Worry?

omnigun

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2017, 04:37:32 PM »
Mac shoulda been an english teacher for all the shits he gives about spelling and grammar.

punaperson

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2017, 05:10:11 PM »
Quote from: omnigun on Today at 03:17:50 PM

seam

?

noun
Yep, that seams right to me.

rklapp

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2017, 05:35:09 PM »
Ocean levels have been rising for millennia, Please provide evidence that MAN is the casue of the rising and explain why it occurred before man.
Yes, the earth has been warming since the last ice age. The problem is the increased rate of warming over the past century. Eventually we'll develop cleaner energy. Hopefully within the next 20 years or so. Coal is dead and never coming back. Fraking gives us more methane which is much cleaner. By 2080, we'll all have a flux capacitor in our cars.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

macsak

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
Mac shoulda been an english teacher for all the shits he gives about spelling and grammar.

maybe i'm an english teacher at heart

London808

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2017, 05:51:05 PM »
Yes, the earth has been warming since the last ice age. The problem is the increased rate of warming over the past century. Eventually we'll develop cleaner energy. Hopefully within the next 20 years or so. Coal is dead and never coming back. Fraking gives us more methane which is much cleaner. By 2080, we'll all have a flux capacitor in our cars.

We dont know what the rate is previous to the last 20 years because it was not measured with he same accuracy it is now.  Every time you change the method of measurement you have to reset the data as the old data is now inaccurate/obsolete.

Also we are seeing a level rise of millimeters in the places where it is (even) measurable. This could well be a result of natural causes such as the sun and the moon.

punaperson

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »
We dont know what the rate is previous to the last 20 years because it was not measured with he same accuracy it is now.  Every time you change the method of measurement you have to reset the data as the old data is now inaccurate/obsolete.

Also we are seeing a level rise of millimeters in the places where it is (even) measurable. This could well be a result of natural causes such as the sun and the moon.
No. I'm telling you it's a catastrophic disaster in the making! It could mean the end of life on earth! The only hope for mankind/womankind/otherkind is to create innumerable laws and regulations to control every aspect of every person's life and confiscate an ever larger portion of their earned wealth! Now let's get busy! And anyone not going along with the program is an irredeemable deplorable racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic.. you name it.

rklapp

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »

The measurement is in the ice fields of Antarctica using core samples from millions of years ago, not by staring at a thermometer. If they determine that their carbon dating calculations are off, they make an adjustment or resample the ice core kept in frozen storage.

punaperson

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 06:29:40 AM »
The measurement is in the ice fields of Antarctica using core samples from millions of years ago, not by staring at a thermometer. If they determine that their carbon dating calculations are off, they make an adjustment or resample the ice core kept in frozen storage.
Could you provide a link to an article you believe accurately presents the scientific evidence that Antarctic ice core samples can determine overall planetary temperature millions of years ago?

London808

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 07:09:00 AM »

Ice core samples give data to make an estimate. there is no data to compare it to for accuracy.

evolution , climate change, carbon dating, archaeology, space travel, astrology ect.....  all science's based on guess work because there is no accurate data. And any data thats foud to show it wrong is ignored as an anomaly.

Science is about accuracy and repeatability. When the only data set you have is one you fabricated thats not science thats a religion.

rklapp

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 07:34:04 AM »
Basically, the scientist correlate the CO2 levels with temperature. Yes I know, fake news...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ice-core-data-help-solve/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_core

Inspector

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 08:02:23 AM »
Since someone can't read websites I guess I can try dumb it down for you.  We don't with 100% certainty know WHAT EXACT percent humans are effecting the climate.   What we do know is co2 produced is a greenhouse gas and we produce lots of it.   When people ignore that they are foolish.  Just like how we humans don't fully understand gravity and what exactly causes it.  Is its from a unknown graviton substance, or the warping of space, etc? But we all can plainly see that it exists.  (well hopefully you do).  Look here is a easy and simple proof ridden example of humans impact on the earth.  A little while ago back in your day people used Aerosol sprays, this had CFC's.  Now that interacts with our planets ozone and there was a large MEASURABLE effect on earth.  Now we humans realized this and while the science was 100% either we banned the use.  Now in the present the ozone layer is healing and we can see a MEASURABLE effect that the ban had.  Kinda proving that we humans were responsible.  Or was it some magical magic man in the sky who just manipulated everything or just coincidence?
Hey Troll I'm not speaking to you any more. You are obviously a moron and don't know the difference between someone talking to you and someone talking about you. Do not quote me anymore as I wish to not have any more conversations with an admitted troll.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

omnigun

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 08:19:36 AM »
Hey Troll I'm not speaking to you any more. You are obviously a moron and don't know the difference between someone talking to you and someone talking about you. Do not quote me anymore as I wish to not have any more conversations with an admitted troll.

Yeah sure just insult me right in front of my face in a public form and expect no reply.  Yeah...no.  If you talk about me I will most likely respond.   :wtf:  Especially if you say I didn't provide explanation etc, when I did and did again.
Not sure why I am suddenly an admitted troll now,  I said I trolled other places sometimes back in my youth sure but people change. There are things I take seriously and things I don't. 

macsak

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2017, 08:54:03 AM »