It Is Casey, Not Roe, on Trial Before the Supreme Court (Read 5132 times)

Inspector

It Is Casey, Not Roe, on Trial Before the Supreme Court
« on: December 02, 2021, 08:51:26 AM »
It Is Casey, Not Roe, on Trial Before the Supreme Court

https://spectator.org/casey-roe-supreme-court-american-spectator-fall-print-2021/
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

groveler

Re: It Is Casey, Not Roe, on Trial Before the Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »
CLARENCE THOMAS: "If we were talking about the 2nd Amendment, I know exactly what we’re talking about. If we're talking about the 4th Amendment, I know what we're talking about, because it’s written. It’s there. What specifically is the right here that we’re talking about?"

I think that way about virtually all Democrat party enacted laws.

:thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 09:28:46 AM »

Inspector

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 09:30:12 AM »
Pro-Life Advocates See ‘A Very Good Chance’ SCOTUS Majority Will Reverse Roe v Wade

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/megan-williams/pro-life-advocates-see-very-good-chance-scotus-majority-will

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 09:31:59 AM »
Sen. Hawley: 'This Is the Time to Overrule Roe'; 'Let the People Have Their Say'

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/sen-hawley-time-overrule-roe-let-people-have-their-say

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 09:37:54 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

No matter your opinion, most legal analysts agree that Roe v. Wade was just bad law. 

Do we keep bad decisions on the books as "the law of the land?" Or, do we take the opportunity while there's no longer a Liberal activist majority at the Supreme Court to review and possibly repeal such a poor decision in such an important issue?

The Liberals like to argue that the 2nd Amendment is no longer valid for various reasons, particularly because it's over 200 years old.  But, Roe v. Wade is sacred because it has become embedded in our culture and just can't be repealed without upsetting the proverbial apple cart.  As if a 200 year old protected civil right is not also embedded in our culture. 

:crazy: :crazy:

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

aieahound

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 01:15:33 PM »
Inspector’s article and Inspector are correct.
It’s not about Roe it’s about Casey.
It’s illegal when it’s murder. Legally.
Just my opinion.

Inspector

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 03:03:17 PM »
OMNICRON the 2A Forum VIRUS has returned!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 03:16:02 PM »
Looks like desperate women and daughters will resort to coat hangers again.

There's another member on here (who's currently banned) and likes to post comments just like yours without explaining themselves fully.  I call it "drive-by Trolling."

Unless you have a real argument to make, these kinds of comments are unproductive and will be viewed by most of us as nothing but trolling.

I suggest you re-examine your primary objective for joining this forum, since one troll account has already been banned for a month.
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

Inspector

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 09:12:17 AM »
COMMENTARY
Modernize US Abortion Law and Return Abortion Policy to the Democratic Process

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/marjorie-dannenfelser/modernize-us-abortion-law-and-return-abortion-policy-democratic

mrgaf

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 04:25:01 PM »

Hope it’s the plastic kine! Should have used protection in the first place and saved the hangers for hanging clothes! >:D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

bass monkey

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 11:59:16 AM »
Well they were in love and her boyfriend doesn't like to use condoms because it doesn't feel good and he's catholic and it's against his religion. I hope we can educate some sense into people. There are always the edge cases like rape, incest, condom breaks but I am for shaming people into using protection. Unfortunately that's a culture change that can take a lot of money and a few decades. I don't have an answer but I know desperate women will still have abortions and many will die along with their unborn when abortions are illegal. The result is more death.. so much for pro life.

Interesting that condoms is against his religion but not pre marital sex.   

Goes to show why we are in this situation to begin with

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 01:16:06 PM »
The viability of a fetus to survive outside the womb seems more reasonable than that a number of days such as 6 weeks or 15 weeks. You cannot stop women from aborting pregnancies by just making it illegal. You will just turn a lot of women into criminals.  It would probably be better to direct funding towards education and prevention to reduce unwanted pregnancies. I don't know anyone that likes abortion but there are better ways to prevent them from occurring than trying to make them illegal.

There's a really long thread for that discussion.  This is about the Supreme Court Cases, not the abortion debate.
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 01:21:09 PM »
Well they were in love and her boyfriend doesn't like to use condoms because it doesn't feel good and he's catholic and it's against his religion. I hope we can educate some sense into people. There are always the edge cases like rape, incest, condom breaks but I am for shaming people into using protection. Unfortunately that's a culture change that can take a lot of money and a few decades. I don't have an answer but I know desperate women will still have abortions and many will die along with their unborn when abortions are illegal. The result is more death.. so much for pro life.

There's no evidence for that belief.  It didn't happen before Roe, and it won't happen now.

In 1955 it was exhaustively contemplated by 43 men and women from the various disciplines
of obstetrics, psychiatry, public health, sociology, forensic medicine, and law and demography…
the conference estimated that 90 per cent of all illegal abortions are presently being done by
physicians.

https://www.liveaction.org/news/women-died-illegal-abortion-roe/
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
I will state a few obvious facts here about this case.

The case is whether to give the woman 15 weeks after being impregnated to get an abortion or keep the baby. This is literally about whether 15 weeks is enough time or not.

Having sex with or without birth control of some sort is a conscience decision 2 people make. They know the consequences prior to having sex that the woman can get pregnant even if using birth control. It is an immature and irresponsible act that they are committing if they are not prepared for the consequences. Getting pregnant is not a mistake when 2 people consent. It is a choice they make to take a chance to get pregnant.

Most women know they are pregnant within 4-6 weeks of of being impregnated. The case before the court is basically is 15 weeks enough time for a woman to decide if she wants to have a legal abortion or keep the baby. I believe it is plenty of time. Any more time and all we are doing is allowing the woman to be irresponsible longer to make a decision that she can easily make in the 9+ weeks she has after she discovers she is pregnant. Why are we arguing that we are taking abortion away from the woman. It is obvious that 9+ weeks is more than enough time to make the decision to have an abortion and go get one legally.

Having an abortion or not is a conscience decision and 9+ weeks is plenty of time to decide to have one or not. It is irresponsible of those who are not telling the truth when they say we are taking abortion away from women. We are not. We are only forcing them to decide whether they want one or not within a reasonable time period. Getting rid of Roe is not taking abortion away from women. It only puts the law back into the hands of the states and the citizens like it was before Roe.

If a woman makes the conscience decision to wait until after the 15 week period to have an illegal abortion, then she is breaking the law. It is her decision to do so. If she wants to risk her life because she is stupid and irresponsible then so be it. It is her body and her decision. That is exactly what the pro life people are arguing. So let her have her body her decision. But like the rest of us law abiding adults we have to live within the laws of our country. No one is above the law. That includes women. If a woman wants to use a coat hanger then let her. If she wants to go to a back alley abortion clinic, it is her choice. She also has the choice to keep the baby which is in essence the decision she made when she waited past the 15 week period that the law allows for. So what is the argument for the pro choice crowd? The woman has the choice. She can make any choice she wants to. She has more than enough time to make the decision and have a legal abortion. Any other choices she makes are her own choices to make. Making abortion illegal after 15 weeks does not force any woman to do anything illegal or to risk her life. If she wants to risk her life because she made the conscience decision to wait past the 15 weeks then she might die for her decision. But that is what the pro life people argue for. Her body, her decision.

I realize there are other issues that are beyond the scope of only what I spoke about here and that is getting pregnant by consensual sex. I am not speaking about any other issues other than consensual sex and the woman getting pregnant and all the choices the woman has including stupid and irresponsible choices. But let’s speak the truth here, the woman has all the choices. What she does with those choices are hers to make, stupid or otherwise. If she had not made the conscience decision to risk getting pregnant in the first place, she would never have put herself in that position in the first place. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. JMHO

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »

Aren't all women "daughters," too?

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Or is this just your way of trying to use an emotional ploy to evade any logical discussion?
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 02:58:02 PM »

They can practice safe abortion with a condom wrapped around the hanger
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
I am old, but I can still remember being the biggest horny toad of Southern CA. If I didn’t have a condom, do you know what I did? NOTHING! I didn’t have sex. My choice, not hers. I didn’t want a baby. Even if she wanted to. I did nothing. Even as drunk and stoned as I was every night, if I didn’t have a condom, I didn’t have intercourse. I lost out because I was not always prepared. And I eventually did the snip snip surgery because I hate how condoms feel and didn’t want children. And I wanted to have as much sex as I could before I got married.  :rofl:   Why can’t anyone act like adults even at 16? I did. If the biggest horny toad in CA can NOT do it, anyone and everyone can NOT do it. Being proactive is more powerful than any birth control ever invented.

The problem here is that you are encouraging irresponsible behavior by accepting that story about hating the way condoms feel. I call BS. This law does nothing more than force people to become adults and make adult decisions. Something they should have done prior to removing their clothes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that since parents don’t seem to want to teach that nowadays. JMHO

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2021, 04:15:42 PM »
[snipped -- and not surgically]
The problem here is that you are encouraging irresponsible behavior by accepting that story about hating the way condoms feel. I call BS. This law does nothing more than force people to become adults and make adult decisions. Something they should have done prior to removing their clothes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that since parents don’t seem to want to teach that nowadays. JMHO

If "I do/don't like the way something feels" was a valid excuse for bad behavior, imagine what kind of world we'd be living in.

"I don't like the way wearing clothes feels."

"I don't like the way my seatbelt feels."

"I like the way I feel when doing heroin -- at home, at work, while driving ..."

Adults don't make decisions based on what feels good or doesn't feel good.  Most times, adults have to make choices between pleasure and doing what's responsible.  If you're old enough to do adult things like have sexual intercourse which has one AND ONLY ONE PURPOSE -- to make a baby -- then you are adult enough to put responsibility above what feels good.
-- Melvin Udall