State trying to put a stay on tasers being legal (Read 3585 times)

ren

Re: State trying to put a stay on tasers being legal
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »
I wonder if X marks the spot

if we all got together and wrote letters....
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2022, 02:31:38 PM »
So Maui also getting screwed on the selling permits. I witnessed a gun shop owner approach Alan Beck and is sitting on thousands of $ on tasers. He offered to pay alan on the spot for a lawsuit.

Alan said he will be in contact with him.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2022, 07:26:26 AM »
Khon2 news this morning said selling permits might be issued as early as today. Check with ur seller.

hvybarrels

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2022, 08:54:31 AM »
https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/03/chad-blair-hawaii-lawmakers-consider-restrictions-on-electric-guns/

Just a few days before the new year I received an email from a PR consultant with Axon, formerly Taser International of Scottsdale, Arizona. Would I like to come to a training session at a Kalihi shopping center on Jan. 1, where Axon would introduce its products?
...I took a pass on the training...

Article starts off with a virtue signal. Comments section is mostly antis who believe only those who can afford private security deserve the right of self preservation.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2022, 09:10:07 AM »
https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/03/chad-blair-hawaii-lawmakers-consider-restrictions-on-electric-guns/

Article starts off with a virtue signal. Comments section is mostly antis who believe only those who can afford private security deserve the right of self preservation.

They're getting organized with regards to tasers. The House committee had only 1 support testimony for HB1732 which is about not being able to carry a taser on The Bus, school parking lot, state buildings.  For the cross over to the Senate committee, they had about 27 support. And many all had the same wording:

Common sense (like common sense gun laws)
Reiterated what the bill states
Keep the children safe

Almost no personal examples like how the oppose testimonies state. So cut and paste basically.  We still had a 3 to 1 ratio, but to go from 1 to 27 in 1 session is a big increase.

Flapp_Jackson

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2022, 09:22:02 AM »
Bushido Arms & Ammo officially the 1st ones to get their permit to sell.  Hit them up, IDK their inventory. No $200 class.

*Edit, he's currently sold out. All units are Kapu'd.

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2022, 04:32:29 PM »
Maui county has yet to issue any selling permits. Alan Beck (1 of 3 atty involved) has filed the court complaint on behalf of Maui Guns and Ammo Supply (MAGS), HIFICO, and Christy Guzman.

rpoL98

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2022, 10:43:27 PM »
if we all got together and wrote letters....
sternly worded letters ... 

like the EU and NATO and Potato Head and Blinken ...

changemyoil66

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2022, 12:15:28 PM »
Maui County Counsel passes ordinance to sell tasers. Not like state law did this previously.  New ETA on when Maui will be able to sell?  Unknown. 

Maui County wanted to also do a national background check and require the sellers to have $3,000,000 in insurance,  which was voted in support 5-0. Legal counsel for Maui stated:  "Frivolous lawsuit because you can own them now, it's sad a pro gun group wants to cost the county of Maui money, when they cannot wait a few weeks.. Don't feel forced to pass due to gun advocates. The gun advocates want to take credit for something you are going to pass anyways, but don't feel forced to pass this".

Another counsel member "shame on HIFICO, MAGS (Maui Ammo and Gun Supply), Christy for wasting tax $"

They also asked if a police officers son was involved with the lawsuit, why does it matter?

I thought Oahu was bad, Maui is WAY worst.  The plaintiffs also expect some kind of retaliation from the county.  This was expected.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 12:21:21 PM by changemyoil66 »

changemyoil66

changemyoil66

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2022, 11:14:54 AM »
Maui Consuls next meeting is in May to vote again.  They lowered the insurance requirements that sellers must have and that they have to name the county as an "additional insured".

Maui Taser sellers classes have begun.

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 09:32:25 AM »
Maui County got their permit to sell issued. IMO, the lawsuit helped the process regardless of what the anti 2a city consul board stated.  Also some abnormal selling requirements have been removed due to the lawsuit., but not all. Owner still had to fly to Oahu to be trained by a Axom like trainer, who he (MAGS owner)  holds the same credentials as. So this means all Maui County sellers have to fly to Oahu to be trained, even though they hold the same credentials.

Thank you HIFICO.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 09:49:13 AM by changemyoil66 »