NVG Training (Read 2219 times)

E808AN

NVG Training
« on: April 06, 2022, 09:15:06 PM »
New account but have been lurking for a while, been looking to get a pair of mononods. But before I pull the trigger, what are some ways that you guys train under nods, and is there any groups or places to train under nods. If there is a place or group that would like to reach out to me please PM me. I am an aspiring civi LARPER/ Want to train  :geekdanc:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 09:21:52 PM by E808AN »

RifleArts

Re: NVG Training
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »
September Xringsecurity has a course.

Should be a good class. The guy running it is the agelite owner I believe.

I’ll be there if it’s still on.

New account but have been lurking for a while, been looking to get a pair of mononods. But before I pull the trigger, what are some ways that you guys train under nods, and is there any groups or places to train under nods. If there is a place or group that would like to reach out to me please PM me. I am an aspiring civi LARPER/ Want to train  :geekdanc:

E808AN

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 10:19:05 PM »
September Xringsecurity has a course.

Should be a good class. The guy running it is the agelite owner I believe.

I’ll be there if it’s still on.

Sounds good, unfortunately, I won't have the funds to even order the nods now just looking towards the future. I will keep them in mind when I get my own pair.

macsak

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 10:50:33 PM »
Sounds good, unfortunately, I won't have the funds to even order the nods now just looking towards the future. I will keep them in mind when I get my own pair.

i believe there are airsoft games held using nvgs...

zippz

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 08:06:53 AM »
I go walking around with the nods in the neighborhood, on hiking trails, ranch, wherever.  Take em to the mainland too, especially for stargazing.  Drive a golf cart around with em.

I plan on taking the TNVC nvg shooting course later this year.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 08:08:55 AM »
An exercise i heard about but never tried, is throwing and catching tennis balls to eachother.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

E808AN

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 09:04:55 AM »
i believe there are airsoft games held using nvgs...

I would have to look into that, I would be scared of my monoculars getting shot out! I have had an airsoft sight shot out when I was into airsoft a few years ago and its not like nods are cheap to replace. I will have to look into that.

E808AN

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 09:06:04 AM »
An exercise i heard about but never tried, is throwing and catching tennis balls to eachother.
I heard about this exercise to get accustomed to the depth perception.

TactiGUCCI

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 10:12:31 AM »
Fortunately this training course has rentals of NODs if you don't have your own but limited so the earlier you reserve your spot the better chance it will be available.  :shaka: course is being put on by kineticsconsulting.com

zippz

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 11:33:34 AM »
FYI, digital NVGs are rapidly improving and cheaper.  Theyre still far behind, in lag and sensitivity, the best analog NVGs now, but they may have decent cheaper ones in 5 to 10 years.

NVGs are very expensive and dont look at it as an investment due to this.  If you do buy them, make sure you use them and not have it collect dust in the closet.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 04:31:58 PM »
I would have to look into that, I would be scared of my monoculars getting shot out! I have had an airsoft sight shot out when I was into airsoft a few years ago and its not like nods are cheap to replace. I will have to look into that.

You can buy or make a sacrificial lens for them.

If I did this I'd be more worried about other people out there with lasers and bright flashlights.

macsak

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »
You can buy or make a sacrificial lens for them.

If I did this I'd be more worried about other people out there with lasers and bright flashlights.

heads