Got Permit to Acquire by email (Read 2983 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Got Permit to Acquire by email
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2022, 12:41:56 PM »
thaniks  :shaka:

There are some other issues HPD is telling people. Like you cannot take your new gun out until you receive the reg by email (Mrs.CMO's 22 reg took 6 weeks to come by email). Nothing in the law states this. This was also told during covid when Ige's proclamation waived the 5 days to register a gun. HPD was incorrect.

This is being looked into. Unknown if this will be resolved within 14 days. But HRS does also state up to 20 days. It states no permit shall be issued before 14 days. So many use the 14 days as the first day you can pick up (old method).

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 01:02:17 PM »
I got mine right-on-time, email waiting for me the morning of the 1st day it was available.  this was a month ago (April 2022).  I wonder if HPD is trying to discourage the new feature?

I find this unrealistic -- telling us it takes more than the 2 week wait to process and email a permit.

It takes them normally a week to approve or deny a permit application, based on when people have reported being notified that they were denied and needed a medical clearance letter.  Even with that hurdle, people still got their permits processed in the 2 weeks like normal after submitting a letter.

Now they say they need more time to deliver electronically what is normally available in less than 2 weeks?  I find that very hard to believe.

My gut tells me if they take beyond the 14 days to email a permit, they are eating into the amount of time your permit has before expiration, which used to be 6 days after issue -- but I think that was extended to 10 days?  Unless they adjust the expiration date on the permit to account for late emails, they are circumventing (violating?) the agreement to extend the permit's time before expiration.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Motorman

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 03:38:34 PM »
Issuing a permit means signing the permit, stamping, and handing the person the permit. Emailing permits require signing, stamping, copying, password protecting, and emailing. HPD requires you save every step to the computer for liability purposes (initial email request, password protected permits, and “sent” email).

It doesn’t take long, but it takes considerably longer than just physically issuing permits. HPD also has to double check everything at every step so that passwords are correct, dates are correct, the email is sent to the right person, etc.

stangzilla

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2022, 03:46:11 PM »
Issuing a permit means signing the permit, stamping, and handing the person the permit. Emailing permits require signing, stamping, copying, password protecting, and emailing. HPD requires you save every step to the computer for liability purposes (initial email request, password protected permits, and “sent” email).

It doesn’t take long, but it takes considerably longer than just physically issuing permits. HPD also has to double check everything at every step so that passwords are correct, dates are correct, the email is sent to the right person, etc.

I dont care how much work it takes
14 days is 14 days
Do your job
14 days isnt 15 days. It's not 16 days
14 days is 14 days

stangzilla

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2022, 03:49:32 PM »
i go to HPD to apply for PTA
ask to get it by email
cop tells me they cannot guarantee that it will be ready in 14 days bc they got too many to manually input.  if i want it in 14 days, better i come in person and pick it up
I guess I'll come in person bc my time is very limited.  my work is overloaded lately.  i got 1 day to do my shit.  I can't wait until they get around to it who knows when
so much for the email thing.  its back to the old way for me bc I can't wait around.  my day has to go like clockwork bc I'm very busy.  i can't wait around for whenever
i guess sucks to be me.  I'll get it done.  its just a hassle having to go in person

I forgot to mention the cop also told me to come back in person to register as well at hpd
Why would I do that when I can register online?
This cop just telling me bullshit
F that. I'm going register online
F his bullshit!

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2022, 04:22:56 PM »

Anything the HPD administrators have to do to issue, control and QA permits is their problem, not the public's.  If they need more time to process the permits on the day they are emailed, then they need to set earlier deadlines for the steps leading up to that date.

They have a date to meet based on the law.  There's a 14 day waiting period.  If they delay a day or more, the waiting period becomes 15 days, 16 days, etc.  That is unacceptable.

Placing the burden on the applicant to accommodate their process should not be excused.  Other states have 3-5 day wait periods.  14 days is plenty of time.  If they need more manpower, I'm sure there are people looking for work.  There's no reason only Cops should be processing applications.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2022, 11:21:48 AM »
Stang,

HIFICO went to HPD to clarify what is being told to people. The supervisor there agreed that when people are told they cannot take the gun out of their home until they receive the registration, is INCORRECT. They will stop telling people this.

When HPD told you to come in because your emailed permit might take longer than 14 days, the supervisor also said they are INCORRECT.  You will get your permit to acquire by the end of the business day on the 14th day at the latest.

HPD was very receptive to taking advice on how to fix what people are being told.

stangzilla

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2022, 02:17:19 PM »
Stang,

HIFICO went to HPD to clarify what is being told to people. The supervisor there agreed that when people are told they cannot take the gun out of their home until they receive the registration, is INCORRECT. They will stop telling people this.

When HPD told you to come in because your emailed permit might take longer than 14 days, the supervisor also said they are INCORRECT.  You will get your permit to acquire by the end of the business day on the 14th day at the latest.

HPD was very receptive to taking advice on how to fix what people are being told.

thanks.
but I think I signed this paper saying that I will come in and pick it up in person.  that's ok for now.  at least you clarified it for me and everyone else
thanks for your help.  I appreciate it.   :shaka:
and thanks to HIFICO   :shaka: