No more bail for criminals (Read 1443 times)

Hoplite

No more bail for criminals
« on: May 05, 2022, 06:48:18 AM »
Get ready for crime to go completely out of control in Hawaii. The legislature has decided to do away with bail and instead immediately release all arrests in Hawaii. They keep claiming bail is a penalty but it’s not it’s collateral to make you show up to court if you are released on your own recognizance and nothing more.  Lock up all your valuables really well and get your insurance up to date.  Make sure you vote well in November to replace the idiots who came up with this nonsense too.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/05/05/critics-call-bail-reform-measure-approved-by-lawmakers-get-out-jail-free-card/

RSN172

Re: No more bail for criminals
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 07:21:36 AM »
It’s ok. This is Hawaii, the land of Aloha (and stupid politicians).

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 07:52:42 AM »

I wonder what the police union thinks about this?
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 08:03:20 AM »
Our old nemesis John McCarthy was on Hawaii News Now taking about how cops are going to feel helpless. What he didn’t mention is that it probably also means a corresponding rise in violent crime.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/05/05/critics-call-bail-reform-measure-approved-by-lawmakers-get-out-jail-free-card/

On a positive note we have all 76 legislators up for reelection thanks to redistricting and along with the coming food shortages this couldn’t be timed better to raise public dissatisfaction enough for a clean sweep. After years of political stagnation there is finally a window to get some 2a sympathetic people into office.

IF we use the momentum correctly
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

aletheuo137

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 08:33:18 AM »

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 08:34:38 AM »
Simply amazing what these f**kers at the State Capitol are thinking.

Release from custody for "non-violent" offenses like property damage.  Property damage "non-violent"?  How about I go to your house Mr/Mrs./Ms./It/Thing (or whatever else you want to be called) Lawmaker and do some property damage and see how you feel about it.

And this realization of public safety concerns BUT the jails are overcrowded.......

WTF???  Address the overcrowded jails, not the safety of the public you f**ktards.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

groveler

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 08:35:31 AM »
Being mostly  a Libertarian sort of guy, I'd ask why do we have so many laws?
How do you define violent?
Taking my property is a violent action.
You killing yourself with drugs is not violent.
Gambling is not violent.
Driving 10 mph over the speed limit is not violent, until something goes wrong.
Law should punish for an act that caused an actual harm, not prevent some
imagined, dreamed up harm.
You cannot protect idiots from their own stupidity.
However there would be far fewer idiots if we are allowed
to protect ourselves from them.
Shoot, shovel, and shut up.
 :wave:

hvybarrels

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 08:52:35 AM »
Simply amazing what these f**kers at the State Capitol are thinking.

Release from custody for "non-violent" offenses like property damage.  Property damage "non-violent"?  How about I go to your house Mr/Mrs./Ms./It/Thing (or whatever else you want to be called) Lawmaker and do some property damage and see how you feel about it.

And this realization of public safety concerns BUT the jails are overcrowded.......

WTF???  Address the overcrowded jails, not the safety of the public you f**ktards.

But but but… you get $300 of your tax money back!

How ungrateful
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 09:11:46 AM »
Who are folks like Dog and others going to hunt. . .  >:(

[sarcasm\]

RSN172

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »
If you saw 2 guys breaking into your car on your property and you came out of your house with a gun to confront them and hold them for the police, guess who would get arrested and held at least overnight and who would be released.

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 10:18:37 AM »
If you saw 2 guys breaking into your car on your property and you came out of your house with a gun to confront them and hold them for the police, guess who would get arrested and held at least overnight and who would be released.

Taser can be used to protect your property or the property of others.  There is no law on how many times 1 can tase a bad guy. Civil court might screw you though.

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 11:44:01 AM »
1 of the introducers Branco is running for Kai Kahele's seat.

groveler

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 01:16:05 PM »
Shoot, shovel, and shut up!
 :thumbsup:

macsak

aletheuo137

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2022, 01:48:43 PM »

QUIETShooter

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2022, 03:21:58 PM »
https://www.change.org/p/governor-ige-please-veto-hb1567/

This article clearly shows that the governor and the lawmakers of Hawaii do not have the people of Hawaii interests at heart.

Everything is money, money, money.  There is money to address the overcrowding of the f**kn jails.  The lawmakers and the stupid governor just refuse to allocate, re-direct, and audit.  Lazy pukes.

edited to add:  Sad that the "adults" of Hawaii has to lecture our governor and lawmakers.  They fail to understand that public safety trumps overcrowded jails and the pukes that inhabit them.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

RSN172

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2022, 05:47:19 PM »
Imagine if they had allocated the .5% GET increase to building prisons and law enforcement instead of rail.

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2022, 07:40:41 PM »
Imagine if they had allocated the .5% GET increase to building prisons and law enforcement instead of rail.
Or jails b4 rail.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Rocky

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2022, 08:51:20 AM »
I always thought they should pay the Hawaiian's to put a penitentiary on Kaho'olawe.
Land is currently pretty useless, an island like Alcatraz  practically secured by un-exploded ordinance, still in the state for relatives to visit (bring back the ferry) and an escape as difficult as it may be would not "threaten" local residents.   :geekdanc:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2022, 09:03:34 AM »
I always thought they should pay the Hawaiian's to put a penitentiary on Kaho'olawe.
Land is currently pretty useless, an island like Alcatraz  practically secured by un-exploded ordinance, still in the state for relatives to visit (bring back the ferry) and an escape as difficult as it may be would not "threaten" local residents.   :geekdanc:

People gonna complain that they cannot visit their loved one easily. Like how they complained and filed ACLU suit when that 1 fat guy lost plenty weight. Well it's cause he's not eating 6000 calories a day anymore.