Diesel shortage? (Read 534 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

Re: Diesel shortage?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 11:35:25 PM »
If you like fresh food then you had better start growing it now of find someone who already does.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

RSN172

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 06:07:16 AM »
Well one advantage of living on the BI in Puna, is there are a lot of small farms within 20 miles that will sell direct to the public for the same price they sell to the vendors.  Our good friend supplies all of KTAs green onions and grows a large variety of other produce. Enough to sell directly at the farm, but not enough to keep a vendor like KTA stocked. I buy a 5 gal bucket of papaya (25 to 30) gor $5.  Cheap enough to feed my chickens and supplement my dogs food.

groveler

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 08:36:10 AM »
Well one advantage of living on the BI in Puna, is there are a lot of small farms within 20 miles that will sell direct to the public for the same price they sell to the vendors.  Our good friend supplies all of KTAs green onions and grows a large variety of other produce. Enough to sell directly at the farm, but not enough to keep a vendor like KTA stocked. I buy a 5 gal bucket of papaya (25 to 30) gor $5.  Cheap enough to feed my chickens and supplement my dogs food.
Same here except I grow more Papaya than I can possibly eat.
Our chickens love them.
We give it away.
Back to the subject though,
You and I get our Diesel from Canada.
Oahu won't send us any.
Way too pricey, but we can get it.
Interesting State we live in.
 :wtf: